Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Why is anyone surprised that we are leaving are business so late. We do the same every year.

Pulling up i told you so posts is just being a dick.

We will get a defender and an attacker before the window closes. Might not be who we have hoped for though as I cant see the club spending 60 or 70 million on that inter milan striker or lyon striker. They wont pay the inflated fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Do other clubs' fans on boards tear each other down as much as the Arsenal ones???

The United and Liverpool fans are too busy throwing bombs at each other I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mustafi, maherz and madness

Gonna be some end to the window for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The next set of account are gonna make for interesting reading.

Cant wait to see how much Kronke gets for his consultation.

I reckon a cool 5m should cover it.

greendom wrote: »
    It's a journalist named Gilles Favard with the story - he does write for L'Equipe

https://twitter.com/favardgilles

Gilles looks fcukin bate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gilles looks fcukin bate.

and Sky reckon he tweets out of his ...... (I'll leave that to your imagination)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Ajfunky wrote: »
    I think the major problem with the way things are going in here are, its bad enough having every other fan laughing at you, then your own fans start up.

Should we have signed more players in the last two seasons? Yes.
    Do we have a ludicrous amount of money we seem unwilling to spend? Yes.
    Is it unbelievably annoying that we have seen this all before? You bet.
    Does anyone in here think all Arsenal fans don't know these facts?

But these doomsday prophecies just don't do anyone any good. They make the poster all agitated and red-faced, the responders antagonistic and catty and the rest of us rolling oure eyes about why we came back into the thread.

We dont need to hear "We are coming 4th or 5th and Sanchez and ozil are gonna start their own football team in Laos tomorrow". We dont need to hear "When will you Wenger apologists learn X" when nobody was in here praising Wenger.

And frankly yes, it is far more enjoyable to be optimists in here instead of pessimists. Generally works in life too. Its just more pleasant to talk to pleasant people.

And as has been said numerous times, at the end of the day the long bemoaning post doesnt actually effect anything. Noone important is listening and nothing will happen. So why not have a bit of a laugh?!

Mega fans are obviously incredibly frustrated, but instead of a "4th place trophy" commment, go figure out how to make a GIF of Bendtner and Emanuel Frimpong doing a pulp fiction scene.

Van Persie, Nasri, Clichy and Sagna all saw the light and left our beloved club. I hope we are all bigger Arsenal fans than they were.

I agree with most of this, you're however making out that this place is just full of miserable bastards who want us to fail when it's not. It's frustrating to see so many people posting about how great Wenger is and how Walcott is gonna come good and many many other delusional crap or hopeful however you like to look at it.

It makes me feel like I need to balance things out with something a bit more negative :L Nah in fairness I mostly post in here out of boredom in work, you wont see me in here on the weekends, I don't have issues with anyone and I'm not even that passionate about football anymore, arguing with you lot is fun, I understand why some don't like it. But you can just put anyone you don't like on ignore and your problem is gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I agree with most of this, you're however making out that this place is just full of miserable bastards who want us to fail when it's not. It's frustrating to see so many people posting about how great Wenger is and how Walcott is gonna come good and many many other delusional crap or hopeful however you like to look at it.

It makes me feel like I need to balance things out with something a bit more negative :L Nah in fairness I mostly post in here out of boredom in work, you wont see me in here on the weekends, I don't have issues with anyone and I'm not even that passionate about football anymore, arguing with you lot is fun, I understand why some don't like it. But you can just put anyone you don't like on ignore and your problem is gone :)

How great Wenger is and how Walcott is going to come good??? :D

Any links to all these super-positive posts.

You're a bit delusional to the general mood in here lads.

ha - and I mostly post to counteract the negative - maybe we should all stop posting and the thread would be a much more welcoming place !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

mansize wrote: »
    Do other clubs' fans on boards tear each other down as much as the Arsenal ones???

The United and Liverpool fans are too busy throwing bombs at each other I suppose...

It's not just a boards thing, it's systematic of the fan base at the moment and for good reason. Once the football starts again we will all be pulling in the same direction, although I'd dread to see what happens if we start off slowly!

It's not just a boards thing, it's systematic of the fan base at the moment and for good reason. Once the football starts again we will all be pulling in the same direction, although I'd dread to see what happens if we start off slowly!
    12 from the first 6 games would be just about OK. Mind you it's what I'd expect if going for 4th anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

We could quite easily end up with 0 from our first 2 games. That would cause a **** storm at the Emirates... Not that I want that sort of start, I just want them to get off their asses and sign the required standard for the required position. It's simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

6 from 6

Then madness :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's a possibility, and even if it happens i'm not convinced Wenger would definitely go.

He's been quoted as saying recently that he was surprised when Ferguson told him he didn't miss the game, saying as his time must feel 'empty'.

He's also split from his wife recently, so all he's got is Arsenal.

Probably wouldn't contribute towards the housekeeping. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Probably wouldn't contribute towards the housekeeping. :pac:

Or played in the bedroom with the handbrake on...

• Advertisement

No bid made for Mahrez at all SSN.
    There may be a bid for Mustafi SSN.

Wenger all over Sky Sports talking about other teams but has no news on our own team. Jaysus i detest the man. Can't stand him at all.
    Says he has no intention of retiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger all over Sky Sports talking about other teams but has no news on our own team. Jaysus i detest the man. Can't stand him at all.

I know it doesn't make any sense from a career point of view but i'd love to see him go to a relatively small club and see how he gets on and what he does, I think he's stuck in a loop at Arsenal and i'm not sure how he'd fair at a big club like Bayern.

I know it doesn't make any sense from a career point of view but i'd love to see him go to a relatively small club and see how he gets on and what he does, I think he's stuck in a loop at Arsenal and i'm not sure how he'd fair at a big club like Bayern.

He'd be amazing at somewhere like West Ham.

What I don't get if why you'd put on Sky Sports right now.

Haven't turned it on for headlines in about a month. There's literally nothing positive out there for Arsenal fans. Xhaka is it for the summer so far.

Only just today he said that Welbeck and Mert are 4-5 months out, Wilshere is short for the weekend and Gab is approx 8 weeks away.

Guess they edited that bit out?

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only just today he said that Welbeck and Mert are 4-5 months out, Wilshere is short for the weekend and Gab is approx 8 weeks away.

Guess they edited that bit out?

Thank God i didn't hear that !!!
    I might have got the impression that we needed players.

Just saw him smiling and talking about Leicester's chances.
    Maybe he was on his way home from lodging his cheque at the bank. :pac:

Spot on again Tayto.

I don't think he'll retire for a while yet. He's the top man at Arsenal FC. He'd never get a job like this again.

Plus the fact is he gets a free ride from the board for being rank average is a major perk.

Thank God i didn't hear that !!!
    I might have got the impression that we needed players.

Just saw him smiling and talking about Leicester's chances.
    Maybe he was on his way home from lodging his cheque at the bank. :pac:

Hey man, you said you wanted news on our team. I didn't know you meant news on players who might join our team :pac:

Basil3 wrote: »
    Hey man, you said you wanted news on our team. I didn't know you meant news on players who might join our team :pac:

Nope. I know there'll be no players signed.
    I don't swallow the same crap every year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

What is funny about all those new stories is that it was Sky Sports and others who were definite that we were interested in Mahrez, not official statements from the club.

News source hypes up that Arsenal are interested in player. Arsenal fans get excited. Same News source says Arsenal were never interested in player and didn't make bid. Arsenal fans get depressed and blame the club.

Same thing every year, and people fall for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm surprised we weren't in for Williams to be honest much better player (in my opinion) than Johnny Evans and cheaper than the price quoted for Evans too and knows Ramsey well too, seems like a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I really hate SSN and Sky in general for that matter.
    SSN is so biased towards Mourinho - they just kiss his ass as he is good for a news story.
    And they were a joke when it came to the Euro coverage - Not addressing how bad the English fans behaved etc.
    They don't cover everything, just they stuff they want to.
    Guess thats why Murdock snapped it up

And Sky and BT etc have just ruined the whole Premier league with all the money they are pumping in with TV rights, Bolaise, Mane, Wijnaldum etc - in what world would a team normally pay £30 mill for these guys.

Apologies for the rant

I'm surprised we weren't in for Williams to be honest much better player (in my opinion) than Johnny Evans and cheaper than the price quoted for Evans too and knows Ramsey well too, seems like a no brainer

I don't think we will buy a CB either. (could be wrong and be happy if i am).

We have Chambers, Holding and Koscielny as our CB's available even if Kos is not fit for Sunday.
    We have Debuchy who played there before when we were stuck.
    We have Monrael who played there before when we were stuck.

Per and Gabriel to come back.

That's why I don't think we'll see Wenger buy another defender.
    Some of them are clearly not good enough yet / learning the trade for the position and will be a gamble but i can't see a new player signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wenger no intention of retiring? No problem. Just make sure you leave arsenal at the end of the season. Go do a good job at another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think Mustafi will come in for definite Mert is on the way out age wise and Holding Chambers are definitely not good enough and I'm not sure Wenger is sold on Gabriel yet either

• Advertisement

I think Mustafi will come in for definite Mert is on the way out age wise and Holding Chambers are definitely not good enough and I'm not sure Wenger is sold on Gabriel yet either

Agree on Mert. Hope you're right on Mustafi as he looks like the finished article for a change.

Wenger no intention of retiring? No problem. Just make sure you leave arsenal at the end of the season. Go do a good job at another club.

Not a chance. He's on a bonanza here for getting fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I find it funny Wenger can say the money in the game is gone crazy and in the same breath pull in a whopping 7 million a year and justify our club having some of the highest ticket prices on the planet. Were going into 2 massive games in the next week very short and its all down to Wengers refusal to strenghten weak areas in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I find it funny Wenger can say the money in the game is gone crazy and in the same breath pull in a whopping 7 million a year and justify our club having some of the highest ticket prices on the planet. Were going into 2 massive games in the next week very short and its all down to Wengers refusal to strenghten weak areas in the squad.

In the last 5 years I've gone from:

Wenger can do no wrong, hes building a squad with limited resources. Wenger is god.

Ok, we are actually ok now for money, buy someone please. Why won't you buy in areas we neee?

Something's up...

One more year.

Get the hell out of my club. You're destroying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

In the last 5 years I've gone from:

Wenger can do no wrong, hes building a squad with limited resources. Wenger is god.

Ok, we are actually ok now for money, buy someone please. Why won't you buy in areas we neee?

Something's up...

One more year.

Get the hell out of my club. You're destroying it.

I love the man. But im coming to the conclusion that he hasn't got that hunger for success he once had. It seems all too stale for me. We are going into the season with Theo Walcott as potentially our main striker against a big rival who will be challenging with us, not only is that imcompetence its absolutely scandalous. We could also be playing a full back at centre half too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

OZIL EYES REAL RETURN

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil is pondering putting open to paper on a new deal at the Emirates, according to reports in Bild.

However, the German sports daily also says the player would jump at the chance to return to Real Madrid one day.

Worryingly sounds like a 'come get me call'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Andip wrote: »
    OZIL EYES REAL RETURN

Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil is pondering putting open to paper on a new deal at the Emirates, according to reports in Bild.

However, the German sports daily also says the player would jump at the chance to return to Real Madrid one day.

Worryingly sounds like a 'come get me call'

I don't think he has ever been truly happy at arsenal.

Seemed like it all happened so quick from real telling him they didn't want him to ending up at arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I don't think he has ever been truly happy at arsenal.

Seemed like it all happened so quick from real telling him they didn't want him to ending up at arsenal.

Would you blame him with the amount of seriously average players around him with what seems like a lack of ambition from the club and manager.

Coming from RM and also winning the World Cup to Arsenal will eventually catch up on you. The same for Sanchez after winning with Chile I suspect. I don't believe these guys are about the money......just winners.

Gnabry scores again!

• Advertisement

And Mahrez agrees not to leave Leicester this transfer window.

Another from Gnabry. 5 now in this tournament

omega man wrote: »
    Would you blame him with the amount of seriously average players around him with what seems like a lack of ambition from the club and manager.

ya to go from supplying Ronaldo to supplying Giroud is some harsh dose of reality.

It probably helps keep he grounded though.

omega man wrote: »

Coming from RM and also winning the World Cup to Arsenal will eventually catch up on you. The same for Sanchez after winning with Chile I suspect. I don't believe these guys are about the money......just winners.

And I have no doubt that at some point or another they were informed of the club's plans to be at the top level in the future.

Wenger needs to make good on whatever they expected they were joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

gosplan wrote: »
    And I have no doubt that at some point or another they were informed of the club's plans to be at the top level in the future.

Wenger needs to make good on whatever they expected they were joining.

Sanchez is stalling too if the press are to be believed

Andip wrote: »
    Sanchez is stalling too if the press are to be believed

I'mcalling BS on this. Which press? - For Sanchez and Ozil

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I'mcalling BS on this. Which press? - For Sanchez and Ozil

It's in the Times alright BUT you know what i think of paper talk --

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/arsenal-fears-as-oezil-and-sanchez-delay-signing-new-deals-7jtxd5cjx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Now both us and Valencia are being linked to Swiss 24yr old CB Fabian Schar from Hoffenheim. He only joined them last season and played in all Swiss games during Euro 16, he even scored and supposedly his price tag is around £8m. This has a bang of an Arsene signing off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

j14 wrote: »
    Now both us and Valencia are being linked to Swiss 24yr old CB Fabian Schar from Hoffenheim. He only joined them last season and played in all Swiss games during Euro 16, he even scored and supposedly his price tag is around £8m. This has a bang of an Arsene signing off it.

I thought he looked solid in the euros, bargain at that price anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

P4DDY2K11 wrote:
    I thought he looked solid in the euros, bargain at that price anyway.

I'd say we will sign Mustafi and Valencia will sign Schar as a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Eduardo still doing OK:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement