Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Basil3 wrote: »
    There's very little deadwood to be shifted, imo. Next thing we'll end up short of players because of injuries.

I disagree. If we got a Mahrez or Draxler, Walcott must go. We pay him way too much to be a bit part player, and we could get good money for him I reckon!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I disagree. If we got a Mahrez or Draxler, Walcott must go. We pay him way too much to be a bit part player, and we could get good money for him I reckon!

Sure, if Welbeck wasn't injured. We're already one short because of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Who's going to pay his wages that aren't in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Team for Sunday

Cech
    Bellerin. Monreal. Chambers. Gibbs
    Elneny. Xhaka
    Ox. Ramsey iwobi
    Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah I think the only reason why Walcott is still here is because we can't get anyone to buy him. His wages are ridiculous for a player of his ability. I don't think there are many clubs that will splash the cash for him and take his wages onboard.I don't think he would be willing to take a step down to a smaller club either. He's also homegrown which could be another reason he is still here.

He has had a decent pre season, so I hope he proves me wrong and has me eating humble pie this season. As mentioned numerous times, he will have to show more hunger and desire this season as he's extremely lucky to be at a club the size of Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Team for Sunday

Cech
    Elneny. Xhaka
    Ox. Ramsey iwobi
    Sanchez

That's a shocking team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Team for Sunday

Cech
    Elneny. Xhaka
    Ox. Ramsey iwobi
    Sanchez

Holding over Chambers for me , no ozil , santi ?

will be pissed if this is the official team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

pudzey101 wrote: »

I personally wouldn't be playing Holding just yet, as that would be throwing him in at the deep end and I don't think would be fair. Chambers will start I think. Yeah I don't see Ozil being involved until maybe next week, but I'd expect to see Santi in the squad at least.

Who's going to pay his wages that aren't in China?

West Ham? Liverpool? Plenty of teams would... Except he's ****e!

pudzey101 wrote: »

Santi might start

But I would go elneny/Xahaka to protect the defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Santi might start

But I would go elneny/Xahaka to protect the defence

+1 this

Btw Emerginstar I wasn't saying your team selection is shocking, what we have available is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah I think the only reason why Walcott is still here is because we can't get anyone to buy him. His wages are ridiculous for a player of his ability. I don't think there are many clubs that will splash the cash for him and take his wages onboard.I don't think he would be willing to take a step down to a smaller club either. He's also homegrown which could be another reason he is still here.

He has had a decent pre season, so I hope he proves me wrong and has me eating humble pie this season. As mentioned numerous times, he will have to show more hunger and desire this season as he's extremely lucky to be at a club the size of Arsenal.

I don't think he had a good pre-season at all.

Watched all of the games and most of the time he was put through, it was the usual half a yard short/poor first touch/poor decision making.

Akpom had a greater impact in less time tbh.

He has played it well essentially regarding his wages. His best season was before contract renegotiation number 1. RVP just left. Wally had just scored 14 league goals or something and he had us over a barrel.

Then he had come back from nearly a year out with injury and looked good securing us a few points and then scoring a hat trick at the end of the year before contract renegotiation no2.

i'm not sure what's up with Walcott, whether he's average or coasting. But when he plays he doesn't look like a guy that tries too hard.

Btw Emerginstar I wasn't saying your team selection is shocking, what we have available is shocking.

Even if you thought my team was shocking,
    No harm done, the whole point for this forum is debate not agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That team's pretty decent outside of the CBs IMO. A lot depends on how Sanchez goes up front of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I think Holding looks a lot more solid than Chambers, Wenger was playing him more than Chambers in pre season as well. I rekon he will get the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Team for Sunday

Cech
    Elneny. Xhaka
    Ox. Ramsey iwobi
    Sanchez

Leave Monrael in his own position and put Debuchy at CB. He has done ok there before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ronan14 wrote: »
    I think Holding looks a lot more solid than Chambers, Wenger was playing him more than Chambers in pre season as well. I rekon he will get the nod.

Maybe playing him more because he's new and he wants to see what he has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if Chambers was selected ahead as he'd be more familiar with the players around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

L'prof wrote: »
    Maybe playing him more because he's new and he wants to see what he has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if Chambers was selected ahead as he'd be more familiar with the players around him

Surely he knows what he has to offer through scouting etc but I'm still unconvinced by chambers

Holding's probably played more games at CB than Chambers too.

• Advertisement

Ronan14 wrote: »
    gosplan wrote: »
    Holding's probably played more games at CB than Chambers too.

When i seen the youtube of Holding putting in a tackle with one of his boots in his hands i was taken. just what we need at this club. Someone prepared to put body on the line for the cause. The chap is going to be brilliant but he needs better players around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Holding will be worth £50m in 3 years time. He has all of the ingredients to be a top class CB. His positioning is good and will improve, he is not afraid to put the boot in and most importantly he has a will to win. That will to win is what will ensure that all other aspects of his game will improve.
    Stones and Holding will be the English CB pairing for many years to come.

**** PREDCITION KLAXON ALERT **** PREDICTION KLAXON ALERT ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Holding will be worth £50m in 3 years time. He has all of the ingredients to be a top class CB. His positioning is good and will improve, he is not afraid to put the boot in and most importantly he has a will to win. That will to win is what will ensure that all other aspects of his game will improve.
    Stones and Holding will be the English CB pairing for many years to come.

**** PREDCITION KLAXON ALERT **** PREDICTION KLAXON ALERT ****

****ing hell. It's brilliant to read a positive post around here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

in the last 3 hours ...

Mahrez started following Sanogo on twitter

mustafi agrees to join... once a price is sorted

where about to lose our Sh!t !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Posts of a positive nature 3 in a row is a record above

Make this 4 I love Ramsey

Interesting the opinions about Holding.

I thought he was solid enough in preseason, but the one thing that sticks in my mind was his poor pass across goal which allowed a striker to go straight through on goal. I guess it's the kind of brain fart you expect from an arsenal CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Interesting the opinions about Holding.

I thought he was solid enough in preseason, but the one thing that sticks in my mind was his poor pass across goal which allowed a striker to go straight through on goal. I guess it's the kind of brain fart you expect from an arsenal CB.

The last person I expected to brake the run was you basil

Soups123 wrote: »
    The last person I expected to brake the run was you basil

I've had a bad day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Of all the ones to follow why Sanogo :D

• Advertisement

just what we need at this club. Someone prepared to put body on the line for the cause.

We have one of them, just that his ankles are made of brittle glass!

Remember when Kim kallstrom broke his back for us....

Cech
    Bellerin - Chambers - Holding - Monreal
    Xhaka - Elneny
    Ox - Rambo - Iwobi
    Sanchez

Press conference just over, no Mustafi update, no new transfers news... In fact, no news at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

So Koscielney has been 100% ruled out of the Liverpool game. Time for either Chambers or Holding to step up.

No news is goo.........
    Ah **** it.
    4th anyone?

• Advertisement

No news is goo.........
    Ah **** it.
    4th anyone?

That's the spirit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.football365.com/news/wenger-reveals-he-is-only-targeting-a-centre-back

Not reading too much into it, as surely he's not stupid enough to believe we only need a CB.

keano_afc wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/news/wenger-reveals-he-is-only-targeting-a-centre-back

Not reading too much into it, as surely he's not stupid enough to believe we only need a CB.

I saw the presser, that's a spin put on it by F365. He is on record also this summer as saying we need to find more attacking options and more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I saw the presser, that's a spin put on it by F365. He is on record also this summer as saying we need to find more attacking options and more goals.

Time he did something about it then. Our first game is on Sunday. A good start is half the battle.
    Now when did i say that last? Last year.

Time he did something about it then. Our first game is on Sunday. A good start is half the battle.
    Now when did i say that last? Last year.

Ah look, I agree fully with you, I'm just correcting the spin that F365 put on the presser. I watched it live on Arsenal.com

I do get the feeling that Mustafi is very close to coming in, and the rest is more than probably being left to chance, which is pissing me off. I mean, we have the money, let's go get Mahrez and a viable option to Giroud and we will compete at all levels for trophies. And if they're worried about cash after that, sell Walcott and Ox... Mahrez is twice the player they are and more!

Each passing day sees my frustration gain momentum.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for Sunday lads, **** the summer. I know if we lose i'll be in here pulling a wobbler but i'm still excited to watch us play again.

Can't wait for Sunday lads, **** the summer. I know if we lose i'll be in here pulling a wobbler but i'm still excited to watch us play again.

I'll see your wobble and raise you a full blown nervous break down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I am excited for the season as now I am back in Ireland I can watch games at a sensible time and enjoy midday pints.

I just hope in not drowning my sorrows too much this season!

It's absolutely unbelievable how we are starting this season weaker than we finished last season... Looking forward to Sunday but not optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

No news is goo.........
    Ah **** it.
    4th anyone?

I see Thompson, redknapp and carragher on sky all have us outside top 4.

When will they ever learn! Sure I suppose they'll get it right some year.......

In fairness Neville has us 2nd as it stands, i.e. without making more signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I mean, we have the money, let's go get Mahrez and a viable option to Giroud and we will compete at all levels for trophies. And if they're worried about cash after that, sell Walcott and Ox... Mahrez is twice the player they are and more!

Each passing day sees my frustration gain momentum.

I imagine even if Leicester are willing to let Mahrez go to Arsenal, they'd prefer to delay until after they've played on the 20th. Why strengthen your opposition?

ectoraige wrote: »
    I imagine even if Leicester are willing to let Mahrez go to Arsenal, they'd prefer to delay until after they've played on the 20th. Why strengthen your opposition?

They'll want the money to replace him ASAP i'd assume. Only thing holding the deal back is the money we're willing or rather not willingly to spend as usual from what I can tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Is there even a Mahrez deal in place? Ornstein said we haven't been pursuing him so I won't get my hopes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

I'd doubt the Mahrez story has any legs.

Mustafi and a striker, if Lyon drop the £60m asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Oh ffs Musafi's dad has said no deal in place and he is his agent not the guy quoted as saying deal agreed with player. So a 32 year old barca reject is our back up. That will work out well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement