Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lads, I've been around this forum for a long while at this stage. I've not seen any other thread that devolves into the bullshît this thread does. I'll find my arsenal news elsewhere, I'm out.
    Have you changed your name, because I've literally never seen your name before?:confused:

Anyways. Overall today's performance was very mixed. We seen the best and worst of our team. Unfortunately the worst, feels even worse than normal, because it's the same thing over and over again. Years old mistakes being repeated constantly.

Xhaka looks like he will definitely need a bedding in period to come to terms with the pace of football around him. It would appear that Wengers decision to leave him on the bench has been justified by that performance.

A poor ten minutes straddling the half time whistle unfortunately masks what was a game where we controlled large parts of the game. We look good in possession, but we looked clueless when without it, and that's going to happen every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nothing is gonna change until Arsene does the honourable thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I've no problem losing to pool.

It's the asking for it part that bugs me. A nice 4 goals conceded in 20 minutes spell to kick the season off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Hate to say it but Sanchez is pants. Worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Nothing is gonna change until Arsene does the honourable thing...

... And signs some f***ing players! Jesus Christ, starting Holding and Chambers at the back and not expecting them to f*** up at some stage? I don't understand the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Quazzie wrote: »
    Have you changed your name, because I've literally never seen your name before?:confused:

Anyways. Overall today's performance was very mixed. We seen the best and worst of our team. Unfortunately the worst, feels even worse than normal, because it's the same thing over and over again. Years old mistakes being repeated constantly.

Xhaka looks like he will definitely need a bedding in period to come to terms with the pace of football around him. It would appear that Wengers decision to leave him on the bench has been justified by that performance.

A poor ten minutes straddling the half time whistle unfortunately masks what was a game where we controlled large parts of the game. We look good in possession, but we looked clueless when without it, and that's going to happen every game.
    Agreed. We really missed our main men today, but especially Koscielny. I thought Holding had a decent game in fairness, looks a good prospect, but Wenger better not f*****g use that as an excuse not to sign class CB's this term.

Very disappointed again in Ox, despite his goal, when we were really chasing it at 3-4 down, he gave the ball away cheaply time and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

That was painful

We normally respond well to **** results. Hope we can do the same again. Santi looked pisses off coming on!?!? Any news on Rambo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sanchez isn't pants he's just not a target man he was isolated up there on his own you see his best work from the wing or as the deep lying forward of a front 2

Lads, I've been around this forum for a long while at this stage. I've not seen any other thread that devolves into the bullshît this thread does. I'll find my arsenal news elsewhere, I'm out.

Sure......right. So long Arsene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    And then you have to go and make a comment like that. Classic.

But true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hopefully we don't see that centre back pairing again in a league game this season, I like the look of Holding and I'm a fan of Chambers but they're clearly not ready to play together for Arsenal.

But true.

Just for the record, I think Wenger does plenty of things wrong. I'm also a reasonable, logical person, and I can understand why football players are given a few weeks off, and why they need time to return to full fitness after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Nothing majorly surprising about that, I'm just glad they didn't hit us for a few more. I don't understand how people still have Faith in Wenger to deliver, we're obviously lacking and the same obvious problems haven't been addressed.
    What does annoy me now is that my friends don't even bother ribbing me anymore, I'm only getting sympathy.

I'd love for wengers vision of how a club should be run to come right but we've been stuck with him long enough now to know that its just not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

omega man wrote: »

He's not a striker and never will be. It's not his fault he's asked to play there by an inept manager.

All in all, pretty predictable stuff. We don't have a defence and played like it. Looking forward to "handbrake on, little bit naive, plenty of positives" from Scrooge.

Just for the record, I think Wenger does plenty of things wrong. I'm also a reasonable, logical person, and I can understand why football players are given a few weeks off, and why they need time to return to full fitness after that.

Interesting to see if Payet will play tomorrow for WH.

Have to agree with Souness there. We are a business first and foremost.
    Wenger is a CEO now not a manager.

That's fair enough but not when your other top 2 CBs are injured. No excuse for Kos not playing and today's result backs that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

That's fair enough but not when your other top 2 CBs are injured. No excuse for Kos not playing and today's result backs that up.

What if he wasn't ready, match fit and got injured?

Have to agree with Souness there. We are a business first and foremost.
    Wenger is a CEO now not a manager.

They are all businesses, and the irony of BSkyB to attack that - they created this monster

He wasn't great last seaso

• Advertisement

And Neville knows it's easy to talk the talk, management at this level ain't easy

mansize wrote: »
    What if he wasn't ready, match fit and got injured?

Why would he not be ready when his French team-mates are playing with their clubs?
    Its a disgrace.

And Neville knows it's easy to talk the talk, management at this level ain't easy

Wenger's making it look very difficult anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Getting beat by Liverpool is not that bad there a decent team

Whats annoying is we shipped for goals knowing we needed a centre back

What's annoying is Sanchez was useless and we no we need a striker

What's annoying is we will fight tooth and nail for points come the end of the season, but season after season Wenger throws away the early fixtures like he don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No but approaching every game doing everything you can to win is pretty important.

Wenger, through his actions, basically said that there are more important things than winning today.

I accept waiting for signings may be, I accept not rushing Caz back may be,I accept not cutting short players rest time may be.

But at some point, winning the actual game we're playing right now has to come first.

There was four or five things Wenger could have done over the last few weeks to improve our chances. He did none of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ozil and Sanchez would be idiots too sign contracts at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

does this loss mean we HAVE so sign someone ? ... sick of wenger treating the club money as if was his own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil and Sanchez would be idiots too sign contracts at the moment

Kos is the one I feel the most sorry for. World class centre back with two FA cups to his name. Probably the best centre back in the world with no major league title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Kos is a fantastic Centre back but he's not best in the world

Kos is a fantastic Centre back but he's not best in the world

I think he meant best without a title tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The shortcomings everyone knew about have bitten us in the ass again. Feckin Groundhog day feeling all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I know I said a few weeks ago wait until the season starts before shouting for lack of transfers...well we're here now.

It's been almost 3 months since Xhaka signed now. What are they at in there?

Wenger very downbeat during interview. Hate listening to the man lately but felt a bit for him there. His own doing though.

Souness on the money which kills me to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Wenger very downbeat during interview. Hate listening to the man lately but felt a bit for him there. His own doing though.

Souness on the money which kills me to say.

As someone said that's what he's putting across in the dressing room and pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I know I said a few weeks ago wait until the season starts before shouting for lack of transfers...well we're here now.

It's been almost 3 months since Xhaka signed now. What are they at in there?

Making deriosory bids and then walking away.

Lacazette hat-trick today, by the way. So that's added another 10m or so to his asking price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Interesting to see if Payet will play tomorrow for WH.

Players like Kos, Ozil, Giroud should be screaming out to play in this game, demanding it . This club is full of mediocrisy and the most worrying this is its accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Making deriosory bids and then walking away.

Lacazette hat-trick today, by the way. So that's added another 10m or so to his asking price.

We only bid low so we can say "at least we tried".. . How many times over the years have we being in this position? We win a few games on the trot and get our hopes up again only to blow up when the pressure is on. We need drastic changes at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

That was one of the lowest points in years. We could all see it coming, apart from one man. We were without a few players, but even the players that were available, Wenger picked the wrong ones, our bench had better players than the starting lineup.

I don't know how anyone can back Wenger anymore. Haven't even listened to the post match interview, couldn't bare to listen to him excuse that match. He's taking the piss these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

On the plus side, each game this season is one closer to having a new man in charge next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I know theres a million things to fault, number one being the transfer situation. But in terms of the team selection today Ox should have started ahead of Iwobi. And I think it's going to be a great season for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm so utterly sick of this....every year. Every single year. Football isn't everything, but Jesus it's just so frustrating every weekend watching the same old when you know where the problems are and who's to blame. Arsenal the company first not arsenal the football club.

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

A mate just reminded me of something Arsene said this morning about not needing another striker as we have Alexis and Theo.

Oh right then Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Iwobi has a thigh strain and Ramsey has tweeked his hamstring. What a crappy day all round.

wawaman wrote: »
    On the plus side, each game this season is one closer to having a new man in charge next season

Not a f*ucking chance.
    He wants to renew his contract.
    He's taking the piss with this great club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

If your job was to get a project ready for a certain date and you had adequate resources to complete it and yet when the due date came around and you were woefully unprepared for it you'd most likely be sacked.

Wenger had to get the side ready for the premier league, clearly the club is very wealthy and he has resources at his disposal. And yet again he hasn't made the moves to strengthen the team where we know it needs to be improved. But this time it's even worse than usual. We were totally blown away today, don't let the consolation goals fool us. Woefully unprepared. In any other organisation he'd be under pressure from his boss but here his boss doesn't give a ****e either!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    If your job was to get a project ready for a certain date and you had adequate resources to complete it and yet when the due date came around and you were woefully unprepared for it you'd most likely be sacked.

Wenger had to get the side ready for the premier league, clearly the club is very wealthy and he has resources at his disposal. And yet again he hasn't made the moves to strengthen the team where we know it needs to be improved. But this time it's even worse than usual. We were totally blown away today, don't let the consolation goals fool us. Woefully unprepared. In any other organisation he'd be under pressure from his boss but here his boss doesn't give a ****e either!

Very true and well put. Good post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's a dysfunctional organisation. I like Wenger as a man, I find him interesting and erudite.

But he's torpedo-ing the club. Along with Stan.

bad2dabone wrote: »

The problem is that the 'project' is a self sustaining football club business model achieved in part by maintaining top 4 status. In which case Wenger achieves his performance targets year in year out. His remuneration package reflects that 'success'.

The problem is that the 'project' is a self sustaining football club business model achieved in part by maintaining top 4 status. In which case Wenger achieves his performance targets year in year out. His remuneration package reflects that 'success'.

Yep.
    Business - first.
    Football - second.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement