Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    And Welbeck!

Very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Mention of Wilshire today.

Perhaps, judging by the comments about Alexis up front,

Xhaka - Elneny
    Walcott - Caz - Wilshire
    Sanchez

I don't think the Ox offers that much beyond lots of energy. Sub spot for him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coq start over Xhaka too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Been a while since we saw Theo use his pace, I think Campbell is faster then people realise but he does have an awkward gangly run. Dont see the point of loaning him out cause he's a natural winger and if/when Walcott or Ox get injured then he will be needed. Wenger clearly does not rate him so I dont understand why he doesnt sell him as opposed to loaning him out?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

Anybody think Cazorla should be dropped back into the base of midfield again. I thought he was outstanding there pre christmas last year in controlling possession and the pace of the game. Maybe Xhaka will be able to do the same when he gets up and running but would love to cazorla back in there

I'd love to know what's going through Campbell's mind, he should've left by now.

I'd love to know what's going through Campbell's mind, he should've left by now.

I'd like to assume that the boss talks to him, and he knows what's going on.

kellso81 wrote: »
    Anybody think Cazorla should be dropped back into the base of midfield again. I thought he was outstanding there pre christmas last year in controlling possession and the pace of the game. Maybe Xhaka will be able to do the same when he gets up and running but would love to cazorla back in there

Makes sense for Caz but creates problems cause we could only play 1 of Elneny/ Xhaka/Coq and we'd have no-one to play AMF with Ozil out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So is Giroud defo not starting today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

kellso81 wrote: »

Yes and no. The problem is he isn't comfortable enough with the physical game off the ball, you need an extra man to sit beside him.

Xhaka was bought to play that position in the long run. A workhorse who happens to be good enough on the ball to split hairs from 50 yards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I find it truely baffling that Canpbell is sent out on loan when you have chancers like Walcott, Sanogo and Chamberlain classed as potential attacking players. Laughable stuff.

Sangogo was offered on loan to Templeogue United, but they said no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Campbell should've left in the summer. His time was up when he was substituted last season against Swansea (I think) when he scored and was our most dangerous player. Wenger obviously doesn't rate him.

It's a season long loan from what I've seen? His Arsenal career is pretty much over then I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    So is Giroud defo not starting today?

It's very hard to tell with Giroud. He could get a game but you wouldn't notice until he misses his half a dozen chances and is subbed.

6 behind Pep and Mourinho now. A loss this evening will end in an utter meltdown

6 behind Pep and Mourinho now. A loss this evening will end in an utter meltdown

The countdown is on. Today's game is just one less match where we got the dinosaur in charge.

The future is bright.

• Advertisement

The countdown is on. Today's game is just one less match where we got the dinosaur in charge.

The future is bright.

I wish I could say it means one less match where I have to read comments like this, but I know that people around here always find something to moan about. Once Wenger is gone, it will be something else :pac:

Basil3 wrote: »
    I wish I could say it means one less match where I have to read comments like this, but I know that people around here always find something to moan about. Once Wenger is gone, it will be something else :pac:

No way. Once he's gone, we'll win everything. Everyone knows that.

Sure, remember last year, there were people on here saying even if we win the league, they hope he p*sses off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is it just so hard for ye to realise that people want a change from Wenger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The future is bright.

Kroenke is selling up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I'm half pissed in a pub in Leicester. Away days are always the best. Only got my ticket last night as a friend dropped out. Forgot it was his wedding anniversary and wife told him if he wanted another one he wasn't going!
    Coyg!

Pudders wrote: »
    I'm half pissed in a pub in Leicester. Away days are always the best. Only got my ticket last night as a friend dropped out. Forgot it was his wedding anniversary and wife told him if he wanted another one he wasn't going!
    Coyg!

Brilliant. I think this game could go well for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Brilliant. I think this game could go well for us.

I'm happy for your optimism! Vardy will definitely be out there to demonstrate he made the right decision to stay. We got ripped apart from a team who are losing against Burnley.

And about Wenger's most recent ridiculous statements. If Alexis is our new Suarez, who is our Alexis now? Walcott and Ox on the wings or something? Two players who are weak most days.

I'm happy for your optimism! Vardy will definitely be out there to demonstrate he made the right decision to stay. We got ripped apart from a team who are losing against Burnley.

And about Wenger's most recent ridiculous statements. If Alexis is our new Suarez, who is our Alexis now? Walcott and Ox on the wings or something? Two players who are weak most days.

We beat these twice last year.

Come on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,113 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Liverpool didn't rip us apart. We dominated them for 44 minutes in the first half, and for the last 30 in the second half. They had 18 good minutes straddling the break and were much more effective with it.

That means absolutely nothing. Do you not watch football? Teams can and do beat other teams, and it doesn't depend on who their opposition was in a different match on a different date.

Anyway, I gather that Leicester are missing Kante in the middle, so should be interesting. I'm sure we will be given a fair amount of possession, so here's hoping we can do something with it.

That means absolutely nothing. Do you not watch football? Teams can and do beat other teams, and it doesn't depend on who their opposition was in a different match on a different date.

Anyway, I gather that Leicester are missing Kante in the middle, so should be interesting. I'm sure we will be given a fair amount of possession, so here's hoping we can do something with it.
    You do realise he joined Chelsea yea?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Absolutely no faith in that defense or arsenal at all...

394856.jpg

Who am I kidding... Come on!

394857.jpg

Had to edit, you bastards :pac: Lads my car is 14 years old!

Quazzie wrote: »
    You do realise he joined Chelsea yea?:confused::confused:

Yeah, my point is that they're suffering now that they don't have him. They haven't been able to replace him with anyone adequate enough.

Absolutely no faith in that defense or arsenal at all...

Who am I kidding... Come on!

I really appreciate your car.

• Advertisement

Thinly veiled "I drive a BMW" post.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Liverpool didn't rip us apart. We dominated them for 44 minutes in the first half, and for the last 30 in the second half. They had 18 good minutes straddling the break and were much more effective with it.

We didn't dominate them for any lengthy period. Liverpool were poor for most of the match and we were a little better than poor for most of it.

Okay, I'm using Burnley's comfortable 2-0 lead after 40 minutes to emphasise my point! I know each game is different. And this is the third Prem match I've been watching this week so I can safely say I watch football!

I think we'll use Sanchez, Ox and Walcott up front so I'll be hoping Leicester give us the opportunity to counter attack them. Just hope we don't do what we always do and commit everyone forward leaving Musa, Vardy and Mahrez with space at the other end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I hope thats a 6pot e46 :D

Thinly veiled "I drive a BMW" post.

:P

He had to get the M badge in like :D

My car is so old Arsenal were champions when it was first registered, nothing to show off!

My car is so old Arsenal were champions when it was first registered, nothing to show off!

Haha the ninja edit

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Interesting comment made by Merse today, and I have to agree. There are Internationals in a couple of weeks, if Wenger is resting Kos, Giroud and Ozil so much. Surely he won't let them go. If he does it's madness

Results going well this afternoon. Everton could be good this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arsenal XI: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal; Xhaka, Coquelin; Walcott, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sanchez

• Advertisement

Coquelin :(

I like the look of that team. It's a real kick in the stones for Chambers though, so he must be surely asking himself some questions seeing the younger player getting ahead in the pecking order. Swap Ox for Ramsey, Mert for Holding and Walcott for Giroud and it's probably our best start XI.

Arsenal XI: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Holding, Monreal; Xhaka, Coquelin; Walcott, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Sanchez

Better 11 than last week. I'd much rather they swapped Alexis and Walcott, though. Really don't like Alexis up top.

He will now go and get a hat-trick.

Coquelin
    He has done nothing wrong. I really don't understand the dislike some people have for him. If we paid £50M for him we'd all be wearing jerseys with his name on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I like the look of that team. It's a real kick in the stones for Chambers though, so he must be surely asking himself some questions seeing the younger player getting ahead in the pecking order. Swap Ox for Ramsey, Mert for Holding and Walcott for Giroud and it's probably our best start XI.

Would much rather Wilshere on one of the wings today, I can see theo and the ox giving the ball away a lot

At least young Holding has Koscielny back with him today. Hopefully last week wont get him down too much. Ox and Walcott start again :(

Whatever about the final result, the very fact that Pool are 2-0 down and struggling at BURNLEY (FFS :mad:) today is very frustrating. Watford beating Chelsea. We capitulated against Liverpool and will probably do likewise against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

He has done nothing wrong. I really don't understand the dislike some people have for him. If we paid £50M for him we'd all be wearing jerseys with his name on.

Exactly :) look at the stats and see how many successful tackles and attacks he breaks up :)

Ozil, Giroud and Wilshere on the bench though.

He did a job when we needed him but if we are serious about this title, he shouldnt be starting the majority of our games. Hopefully Ramsey gets fit soon.

At least young Holding has Koscielny back with him today. Hopefully last week wont get him down too much. Ox and Walcott start again :(

Whatever about the final result, the very fact that Pool are 2-0 down and struggling at BURNLEY (FFS :mad:) today is very frustrating. Watford beating Chelsea. We capitulated against Liverpool and will probably do likewise against Chelsea.

Your fault for the Chelsea equaliser winner. I hope you're happy :D

Your fault for the Chelsea equaliser. I hope you're happy :D

2-1 now i see. oh well we'll just have to take 6 points off them oursel....oh wait :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement