Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

1200201202203204206»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's been 20 years since Arsene took charge at Arsenal. Perhaps it's time to start talking the mental fragility of this team? I know it's not popular, but Arsenal teams are incredibly consistant in crumbling when any degree of pressure is applied.

It's been 20 years since Arsene took charge at Arsenal. Perhaps it's time to start talking the mental fragility of this team? I know it's not popular, but Arsenal teams are incredibly consistant in crumbling when any degree of pressure is applied.

And what relevance does that have to today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Playing much better since subs on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How is that relevant to what's going on the pitch? You're not wrong, but what a bizarre time to bring that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

omega man wrote: »
    Playing much better since subs on

Since ozil is on:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Someone please feckin shoot.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Does Robbie Savage ever agree with the ref giving a decision against Leicester. He's a terrible pundit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Basil3 wrote: »
    And what relevance does that have to today?
    It just seems like Arsenal accepted the draw today. I watched the first 20-30 minutes, and genuinely thought Arsenal would get the first goal. After 30 minutes thought, it really felt like the players just downed tools.

It just seems like Arsenal accepted the draw today. I watched the first 20-30 minutes, and genuinely thought Arsenal would get the first goal. After 30 minutes thought, it really felt like the players just downed tools.

No, they're just playing like crap.

• Advertisement

That was a pen. Very lucky.

You're not watching the match right now are you? Like I said, bizarre post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Think we might been in for bad day if that musa lad started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

That's a peno.

Sanchez can't hold onto the ball ffs

Hanging on here

• Advertisement

Oh god

FT. Get the cheque book out Wenger.

Surely he sees the striker problem now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Not good enough, simply just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Insipid performance.
    No fire in the bellies at all.
    This team will win feck all playing like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Substitions where mind boggling, how the **** was the ox hooked and that wanker Walcott left on.
    And we didn't put in one cross when giroud came on which is just unbelievable

Also no way is Sanchezero fit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Not a great performance there. No fluidity. Sanchez really looks off the boil. No cutting edge in midfield. Defensively ropey and we were fortunate not to concede a couple of pens. Doesn't change anything. Sanchez is not the solution to our Striker issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Any fan that's thinks this club has any ambition to win a league only has to look at the first two games to realise they don't. This club wants top 4 only.

We sacrificed falling behind the real contenders by 5/6 points without any real concern. All the top teams have there top players back playing and yet again we rest. Ozil and Giroud should have played today, they should have played last week they are clearly fit enough.

Why did we take the chances? Because Wenger knows you can chase top 4 being this far behind no problem but the chase the league you'd push your players more.

The board and Wenger can **** of they have created a civil war at our club to make themselves money. Stupid fans allow it happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Not good enough, simply just not good enough.

A draw away to the champions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

5 off the pace already. 36 league games with Wenger to go hopefully.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Substitions where mind boggling, how the **** was the ox hooked and that wanker Walcott left on.
    And we didn't put in one cross when giroud came on which is just unbelievable

In fairness Walcott had some of our best chances after Ozil came on.

I would have taken Sanchez off instead of Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If it wasn't for Kos and Cech and the ref at the end we'd have been battered today what a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

5 points dropped already. I bet he says we played with character or other such rubbish. Until Kroenke is ousted we won't see any real improvement even if Wenger goes.

Jack and Ox go down to away end, fair play.

1 point against 2 average looking teams.

Septic performance. Sanchez was shocking. Lucky not to concede a penalty. Going nowhere. Another season of this rubbish ahead. :mad: Wenger's done.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    In fairness Walcott had some of our best chances after Ozil came on.

I would have taken Sanchez off instead of Ox.

So my point stands, he had our best chances and done **** all with them,you think the ox would have let Morgan catch him for the big chance he had??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sanchez was muck

Holding was good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I thought we were very bad. Dog**** in fact.
    At least we didn't get beaten although we should have been

omega man wrote: »
    Jack and Ox go down to away end, fair play.

1 point against 2 average looking teams.

In fairness we're an average team aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

gandalf wrote: »
    5 points dropped already. I bet he says we played with character or other such rubbish. Until Kroenke is ousted we won't see any real improvement even if Wenger goes.

Owners are going no where our own fans can't get the balls together to demand change. I think Wenger being their means some are showing respect.

Should Wenger go and this continues with a new manager then I think we'll see the board ousted

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So my point stands, he had our best chances and done **** all with them,you think the ox would have let Morgan catch him for the big chance he had??

I have no idea. My point is that Sanchez should have been the one coming off, not Walcott or Ox.

It's not the worst result in the world, but the performance just wasn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Arsenal score three goals against Liverpool. Conclusion, we don't need a striker!

Arsenal keep a clean sheet against Leicester. Conclusion, we don't need a centre-back!

Transfer business done and dusted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

apologies for the delay, gentlemen, 10,000 posts has been reached and a new thread will be up in a second.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement