Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So Fa cup gone, league most certainly gone.So what would you do against barca?

Try and not get embarrassed is about as much as we can do.

I wouldn't rule out the league just yet but we would somehow have to hit form right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

When do we expect Mertesackers "We must bounce back" statement to the press?

Heroic useless result I think. Make it 4 wins in 15 matches.
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Welbeck done very well when he came on.
    He missed a very good chance but i can't help but think Gibbs should have buried it instead.
    That shows the level of player he is. Missing an open goal still counts as him doing well. For him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gibbs was good, Chambers was shocking.

jester77 wrote: »
    Try and not get embarrassed is about as much as we can do.

I wouldn't rule out the league just yet but we would somehow have to hit form right now

Probably need 8 wins out of 9 to do it.

AdamD wrote: »

Surprisingly haven't missed Monreal at all

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

I'm still perplexed as to how Welbeck missed that open goal. What he did was actually harder than hitting the net. Pressure or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

AdamD wrote: »

Gibbs? Can't get him out of the club quick enough. He should have covered both goals.

But if course he shouldn't have needed to if anyone in our half of the pitch was even half awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Welbeck comes on scores and probably was more effective then anyone else on the pitch(besides Özil) and still gets hammered, he's won and pulled us back into games the last few weeks, i think the criticism is better directed at others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Probably need 8 wins out of 9 to do it.

Yip, it looks like that, tall order with the way we are playing. Tomorrow will be interesting, Newcastle with new manager could do it, if they do then it could hit Leicesters confidence.

Sanchez deserves as much, if not more, criticism than Ramsey gets. After all, he's just turned into a player that runs around a lot and gives the ball away constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

won 6/15 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Pity Wenger didn't leave after our first cup win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Just as well I was not expecting much, so my disappointment is muted. Our season falls apart all at once each season, so that is our consistency. Play for 4th place now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Go for it, what is to lose? Our dignity is already gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I think many would have predicted the season to collapse around this time of the year as we always choke around now but the manner of this pitiful, pathetic and embarrassing display since january is shocking and just simply unacceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not one single abusive text from any of the lads, no Facebook tagging, not a single meme in sight. It's sad when you don't even get slagged anymore because it's just expected Arsenal will fall flat on their faces.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

At this stage if anyone wants wenger to stay past this season they have no motivation or ambition

I know we dont have the resources of City and the likes but surely we have so many players that we could bin to raise transfer funds? Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain and Wilshere could fetch us decent fees. Moving Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini and Mertesacker off the wage bill would also help.

• Advertisement

I know we dont have the resources of City and the likes but surely we have so many players that we could bin to raise transfer funds? Giroud, Walcott, Chamberlain and Wilshere could fetch us decent fees. Moving Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini and Mertesacker off the wage bill would also help.

Offloading English players ain't gonna happen. Maybe one if you're lucky.

I want to see a new manager and a huge overhaul. I do not want Wenger to sign the usual one or two and continue with this pathetic team like he's been doing for a decade. It's time for massive changes. It's not quite Clough at Forrest but Jesus Christ have some fücking ambition. 4th place in the league is still winning fück all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

wawaman wrote: »
    At this stage if anyone wants wenger to stay past this season they have no motivation or ambition

I think he either has to go or come out at the beginning of the summer and do something rediculous like sign Mahrez, Bale and Abumyang(whatever).

There needs to be a big big change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

There's really no point in raising transfer funds. The club has more than enough money to sign some top players, but they choose to do **** all. Our biggest problem going forward isn't even Wenger IMO. Kroenke needs to go and then Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just so disappointed after that result.

Thought the players would perform today but then never got going until it was too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    I think he either has to go or come out at the beginning of the summer and do something rediculous like sign Mahrez, Bale and Abumyang(whatever).

There needs to be a big big change

Old dogs don't learn new tricks.
    Wenger has long seen his best days.
    Ambition to win things is low on the goals of the people who run Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ozil and Co should leave. Arsenal don't deserve them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

There's really no point in raising transfer funds. The club has more than enough money to sign some top players, but they choose to do **** all. Our biggest problem going forward isn't even Wenger IMO. Kroenke needs to go and then Wenger.

This times a thousand. There's loads of money there just no will to spend it. The club could drop 100 million on players in the summer if they wanted to - they can well afford it.

I don't think spending money would do any good as things stand anyway. I think theres changes needed at board and management level first.

Ozil and Co should leave. Arsenal don't deserve them

Which Co?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

wawaman wrote: »

surely the opposite is true?
    it would be logical to want this if you want Arsenal to do well, therefore to go against it would require some sort of motivation and ambition?

ambition = a strong desire to do or achieve something.
    motivation = a reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way.

• Advertisement

Don't say sanchez because hes been dirt for quite a while now.

What's people's opinions on him? Was his great form at the beginning of his arsenal career just a purple patch of great form? Is what were seeing now his natural level?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Basil3 wrote: »
    Which Co?

Cecq and Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I agree with whoever posted during the game about Sanchez. I'd be worried this isn't just a dip in form. He does the same thing every time he gets the ball, cut inside and try and go the long way round. Even if it works now he rarely gains any great advantage from doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wenger needs to go as much as Kroenke. His tactics have been found out a long time ago, plus I think he's lost the players. Their performances have got worse rather then getting better. so much for trying to be their friends, don't work nowadays in the footballing world we live in. They need a kick up the backside and Wenger can't seem to do it.

Plus his transfer policy has been shocking at times. Kroenke can get the hell out and take Wenger with him. Things will get worse then better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Absolute joke arent we. Disgrace. Gutless. Is anyone in here defending that idiot Wemger. Clueless

Cecq and Sanchez

Sanchez should be one lifting the team and doing something.

He needs to spend a few hours/days/weeks using his left foot.

sonic85 wrote: »
    Don't say sanchez because hes been dirt for quite a while now.

What's people's opinions on him? Was his great form at the beginning of his arsenal career just a purple patch of great form? Is what were seeing now his natural level?

Second season blues it seems, most players go through it. I think the whole stop start season hasn't helped him, plus playing in the Copa America seems not to have helped. He has had sparks of old form this season, the Leicester away and Utd home game. But like most of the squad they just don't look bothered.

Only Ozil Monreal and Cech plus Welbeck and Elneny who started late can hold their heads up this season. The Rest have been a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You either leave a hero or stay long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I agree with whoever posted during the game about Sanchez. I'd be worried this isn't just a dip in form. He does the same thing every time he gets the ball, cut inside and try and go the long way round. Even if it works now he rarely gains any great advantage from doing it.

Think it was me. One time today he got the ball on the left wing and cut inside and was just marshalled along til he was on the far corner of their box before passing to I think Chambers. Was better than his usual thing of giving the ball away I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Time to go Arsene. You built one of the best teams to ever grace the English game but also let that team disintigrate into one of the most gutless teams I have ever watched. Thanks for everything but your job is surely untenable now.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Second season blues it seems, most players go through it. I think the whole stop start season hasn't helped him, plus playing in the Copa America seems not to have helped. He has had sparks of old form this season, the Leicester away and Utd home game. But like most of the squad they just don't look bothered.

Only Ozil Monreal and Cech plus Welbeck and Elneny who started late can hold their heads up this season. The Rest have been a disgrace.

It's not good enough though - someone like him who came from barca with a good reputation should be one of the main men in our team. He shouldn't be in the first 11 when fatigued or not in form. That's half our problem - players know they'll get their game even when they play sh!te. What motivation is there?

I'd put campell on that list too. He's looked very lively when I've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Awful result, the negativity will be soaked throughout the club.

Wenger going is part of the fix,the owner is no better, he's using us for money.

This is going to have to get nasty

sonic85 wrote: »
    It's not good enough though - someone like him who came from barca with a good reputation should be one of the main men in our team. He shouldn't be in the first 11 when fatigued or not in form. That's half our problem - players know they'll get their game even when they play sh!te. What motivation is there?

I'd put campell on that list too. He's looked very lively when I've seen him.

I'm just taking a guess really why he's off form. I think he's a top class talent but it's all about form for him. That is a problem our top players know they get their game even though they play muck.

Campbell has been very good I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I don't know what to say anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone hear the weekly excuse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Think it was me. One time today he got the ball on the left wing and cut inside and was just marshalled along til he was on the far corner of their box before passing to I think Chambers. Was better than his usual thing of giving the ball away I suppose.

I think there may be a problem with Sanchez and Giroud.

Think I heard something about it a while back(most likely on arseblog) but they don't suit each other at all.

Tottenham about to move 6 clear

Anyone hear the weekly excuse?

Wenger: "We want to make the impossible possible in Barcelona. It's important we go there with a strong side and fight."

Wenger: "It's difficult to understand how we didn't score at the end. It was a typical cup game against a battling team."

He has a new career as a comedian if he wants it once he leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looper007 wrote: »
    Wenger: "We want to make the impossible possible in Barcelona. It's important we go there with a strong side and fight."

Wenger: "It's difficult to understand how we didn't score at the end. It was a typical cup game against a battling team."

He has a new career as a comedian if he wants it once he leaves.

I only seen some of the pre match press conference but I got the impression he was having a pop at the fans saying you can never win enough unless you win it all people are never happy

He's showing plenty of signs of cracking

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement