Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone hear the weekly excuse?

Watford had a "special focus" today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Ozil and Co should leave. Arsenal don't deserve them

You should leave this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ffs Arsene walk before you totally besmirch your legacy at the club!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Soups123 wrote: »
    I only seen some of the pre match press conference but I got the impression he was having a pop at the fans saying you can never win enough unless you win it all people are never happy

He's showing plenty of signs of cracking

Got the quotes from the Arsenal Twitter page, so we wouldn't hear those jibes towards the fans. He's definitely cracking, he knows he hasn't got a Fa Cup to fall back on and a whipping at Barca this week and a loss at Everton would put him under even more serious pressure.

He should have left two years ago but he's ego has dragged him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "Our fantastic run has come to an end on a day where we felt that our performance deserved a win. Credit to Watford, they created few chances but took them all. It's sad because we gave everything".

Delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Look at the difference it makes having a proper striker. Tottenham team arent great but they have plenty of goals in them with Kane in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Look at the difference it makes having a proper striker. Tottenham team arent great but they have plenty of goals in them with Kane in the team.

More problems then having a world class striker Alfred

We lack leaders
    We lack full backs who can cross
    We lack a free scoring midfielder
    We lack a right winger who can beat people
    We lack a top class Centre back to replace Mert
    We lack a big bullying defensive midfielder
    We lack a Plan B
    We lack new ideas
    etc......

Soups123 wrote: »
    I only seen some of the pre match press conference but I got the impression he was having a pop at the fans saying you can never win enough unless you win it all people are never happy

He's showing plenty of signs of cracking

LOL, win it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Meh. Don't even care any more. Much like those pathetic players who represent the club.

Wake me up in August for the new season when the new manager is in place. I'm out.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Meh. Don't even care any more. Much like those pathetic players who represent the club.

Wake me up in August for the new season when the new manager is in place. I'm out.

See you in five years so! Wenger contract extension coming up. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You should leave this thread

No you should. Plenty here have said we don't deserve those players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Actually I'm glad we're out of the cup.

A cup victory parade when we totally bottled the league would have been cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Looking at how piss poor united are now and that they beat us 3-2 really puts things into perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Very disappointed with today's result. I wouldn't be that bothered if the team looked like they gave a fúck but they didn't at all.

Big changes needed at Arsenal.

Thanks for all you've done Arsene but you're only holding us back now. If he's still at Arsenal next season we'll have to settle for a few more years of mediocrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

gosplan wrote: »
    I think there may be a problem with Sanchez and Giroud.

Think I heard something about it a while back(most likely on arseblog) but they don't suit each other at all.

It's strange how Ozil and Giroud seemed to have such a good relationship early in the season and then all of a sudden it seemed to disappear.It might not have been too bad if Sanchez had just stepped in and replaced what Giroud had been doing but he just hasn't turned up this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I can handle not winning matches or not winning the league, but the manner of our displays have been disgraceful. Weak weak weak. At least show a bit of fight. Not when it doesnt matter either. When it really counts.

Wenger wont leave at the end of the season. He will stay for the last year of his contract.

Something up with Sanchez. Playing brutal, walked off down the tunnel on his own after winning there recently. Bet he will be angling for a move

Drexel wrote: »
    I can handle not winning matches or not winning the league, but the manner of our displays have been disgraceful. Weak weak weak. At least show a bit of fight. Not when it doesnt matter either. When it really counts.

Wenger wont leave at the end of the season. He will stay for the last year of his contract.

Something up with Sanchez. Playing brutal, walked off down the tunnel on his own after winning there recently. Bet he will be angling for a move

To be honest I wouldn't miss him right now.

I'm only worried about Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Whatever about other positions we need a top no nonsense centre half in the mould of tony adams IMO. Someone to organise and motivate the other players. The ability to defend wouldn't go astray either. I'm ****ing sick of watching sub standard performances from the players there currently. Mertesacker is extremely limited and Gabriel is turning out to be a bit of a dud.

Where we could come up with a player like adams I don't know but it's an area that we are seriously lacking. We've not had a proper beast in there since campbell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We should have gone for Alderweireld when he was available, he's not world class but he's better than Mert or Gabriel.

sonic85 wrote: »
    and Gabriel is turning out to be a bit of a dud.

Has everyone else seen the light finally? :p

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Looking at how piss poor united are now and that they beat us 3-2 really puts things into perspective.

We beat the clear league leaders, and the second placed team couldn't beat us with 10 men. Which perspective does that put things in?

Basil3 wrote: »
    We beat the clear league leaders, and the second placed team couldn't beat us with 10 men. Which perspective does that put things in?

And we've won one game since we beat the "clear league leaders". If anything the Leicester result was an anomaly.

Haha good man. Cling to that belief if it makes you feel better.

We should have gone for Alderweireld when he was available, he's not world class but he's better than Mert or Gabriel.

Hindsight is a great thing

• Advertisement

And we've won one game since we beat the "clear league leaders". If anything the Leicester result was an anomaly.

I don't know why people keep going on about the united match. They played better than us on the day. They are capable of beating anyone in the league. End of story.

Haha good man. Cling to that belief if it makes you feel better.

Belief? I only stated facts.

I don't know why people keep going on about the united match. They played better than us on the day. They are capable of beating anyone in the league. End of story.

Who's talking about the United match??

Sure anyone is capable of beating anyone on their day.

Is that an excuse?

Who's talking about the United match??

Read back.....actually, don't waste your time.

• Advertisement

Sure anyone is capable of beating anyone on their day.

Is that an excuse?

No excuse. Once again, just stating facts.....

Id be happy we finish outside top 4. its pointless finishing 4th . im sick and tired of it all.

just give the players an early summer break and forget the season. its over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

To add to the negativity, might as well get it out if the way, all we can do now, is F*** up 4th place. It would be great to get a CL spot to entice a new manager.

Id be happy we finish outside top 4. its pointless finishing 4th . im sick and tired of it all.

just give the players an early summer break and forget the season. its over.

You'd just be giving the club another excuse to not sign world class players due to lack of champions league.

Luckily Kroenke is a moneyball man and intends on discovering the next Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

sonic85 wrote: »
    Whatever about other positions we need a top no nonsense centre half in the mould of tony adams IMO. Someone to organise and motivate the other players. The ability to defend wouldn't go astray either. I'm ****ing sick of watching sub standard performances from the players there currently. Mertesacker is extremely limited and Gabriel is turning out to be a bit of a dud.

Where we could come up with a player like adams I don't know but it's an area that we are seriously lacking. We've not had a proper beast in there since campbell

I've been saying the same for some time. Our defence is brutal.

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/709099336257445888

Not a great list. Low and Simeone would be the only ones I want there.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Meltdown! Happy I didn't watch the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Simone is the only man for the job. Well not really but I think he'd do a fantastic job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/709099336257445888

Not a great list. Low and Simeone would be the only ones I want there.

I'm not even convinced by Low, international football is a different beast altogether.

I'm not even convinced by Low, international football is a different beast altogether.

His club record is pretty damning as well.

• Advertisement

I don't want to see joachim low at the club. Good national team coach but has no track record to speak of at club level I think. There would be huge question marks over him.

Simeone all day for me. Like I've said before - give him complete control over first team affairs a decent transfer fund and 3 years. See what he can do. Most importantly don't allow wenger become director of football or some sh!te so he can keep looking over the new guys shoulder.

Got there before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

FixitFelix wrote: »
    High insight is a great thing

High Insight? You surely mean hindsight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Wenger again saying, we should have won the match. How often have I heard that from him, shoulda, coulda, woulda is no use. The Arsenal defense is poor and the striking force is just about adequate, what I mean is Arsenal just do not have a world class striker. What is really getting old is year after year the excuses are the same and yet Wenger seems to have a blockage when it comes to doing what is required to win the Premiership. I agree what has already been said before Arsenal need a Tony Adams esq central defender, the kind of top defender that puts the frighteners on the opposition striker. They also need a top class striker in the mold of Defoe in his hayday, a striker that will score if given half a chance, because Arsenel do create chanches but they do not convert enough of them. But hey, lets not forget, Wenger considers a top 4 finish to be an end in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Wenger again saying, we should have won the match. How often have I heard that from him, shoulda, coulda, woulda is no use. The Arsenal defense is poor and the striking force is just about adequate, what I mean is Arsenal just do not have a world class striker. What is really getting old is year after year the excuses are the same and yet Wenger seems to have a blockage when it comes to doing what is required to win the Premiership. I agree what has already been said before Arsenal need a Tony Adams esq central defender, the kind of top defender that puts the frighteners on the opposition striker. They also need a top class striker in the mold of Defoe in his hayday, a striker that will score if given half a chance, because Arsenel do create chanches but they do not convert enough of them. But hey, lets not forget, Wenger considers a top 4 finish to be an end in itself.

good one, lol

Just saw a Polish striker for Ajax produce a smart finish that none of our CF's would be capable of.

22, fast, 6ft2, great scoring record.

There's gotta be 10-15 players like that around Europe.

Edit: I think the club might be in a good position now actually. If this season is done then at least next season Wenger goes or spends. I'd say the latter myself. He's stubborn but if we started next season with the same strikers and without some serious spending, his situation would be untenable.

High Insight? You surely mean hindsight?

That's what said ha

gosplan wrote: »
    Just saw a Polish striker for Ajax produce a smart finish that none of our CF's would be capable of.

22, fast, 6ft2, great scoring record.

There's gotta be 10-15 players like that around Europe.

Edit: I think the club might be in a good position now actually. If this season is done then at least next season Wenger goes or spends. I'd say the latter myself. He's stubborn but if we started next season with the same strikers and without some serious spending, his situation would be untenable.

Are they all girouds though? He got 20 plus goals in montpelliers title winning season too didn't he and I'm sure a lot of people would've pointed to him and said he was a good player with loads of potential. Don't get me wrong I like giroud but he's just a back up at best. Shouldn't be the main man at any club with title winning aspirations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

At least we have gunnarsauras...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So Wenger says categorically this is not a confidence issue. Surely then it's either a management problem or a lack of player quality? His comments lately suggest a man feeling the pressure.

And as for Kroenke's comments about not being in it for winning championships and talking about the importance of the brand, well then the future looks bleak for our club from an on the pitch perspective at least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement