Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

anything can happen in football,you gotta watch the game,imagine ye won 0-3 or something and ya missed one of yer best performances,madness.

its unlikely but......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

anything can happen in football,you gotta watch the game,imagine ye won 0-3 or something and ya missed one of yer best performances,madness.

its unlikely but......

Your talking crazy.....but 3-1:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Any team news yet lads? I'm actually looking forward to this. I think we'll be beaten but I'm expecting a decent game. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Really wish we weren't playing tonight. Working till 8am, but will be able to catch the game.

Really couldn't care less about the score..........

But I'm going for 3-0 tonight. A nice stroll in the park for the Barcelona Boys to keep their match sharpness up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ospina, Monreal, Kosc, Gab, Bellerin, Flamini!!!, Elneny, Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez, Welbzz

Coq, Campbell, Gibbs, Giroud, Walcott, Mert, Macey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ospina, Monreal, Kosc, Gab, Bellerin, Flamini!!!, Elneny, Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez, Welbzz

:eek:

We're gonna get destroyed. Ozil must look at this team sheet and really wonder why he signed for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Coq has been poor but I would prob still have him over Flamini cause everyone has been poor

I have not posted here much lately. Mainly because our football has been depressing. After the swansea game was the first time I really thought Arsene should go. Even at that I do still think he deserves to go his way. If he stayed till next year and then left when his contact expires I have no problem. This is a man who has NEVER broke a contract.

At the same time if we dont win anything this year and next year then it would be a problem.

I am probably just old enough to remember the times before Arsene, One of my first childhood memories is my dad in 89 and then the years that followed. When we won in his first full year I sang we are the champions in my sleep.

I owe some of my est sports related memories to Arsene Wenger. Does that make him untouchable - no. But that and his loyalty to Arsenal gives him a lot of leeway in my books. I may be leaning towards the arsenal out camp but I hope to be proven wrong. And if I am not then i hope to be that host who generally makes the drunken guest realise its time to go than the phony friend who kicks him out on the street and doesnt give a **** anymore

Wenger clearly focussing on winning the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Welbeck is due a hat-trick in Europe.

Team might not be the strongest, but mentally it is strong. And there is pace to hurt Barca with Welbeck, Sanchez and Iwobi. It's up to Ozil to find the space to put that pace to good use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Flamini? What the fúck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why start Flamini and not Coquelin when Coquelin is gone for the weekend and we might actually need Flamini against Everton. It makes zero sense.

While not the strongest team I dont think you can say we have given up.

If we had Kos and Ozil would not be starting. To be honest other than coq in for flamini and mert in for gab i find it hard to argue. And mert over gab is a personal choice for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

We will score only to fall short again ��

While not the strongest team I dont think you can say we have given up.

If we had Kos and Ozil would not be starting. To be honest other than coq in for flamini and mert in for gab i find it hard to argue. And mert over gab is a personal choice for me
    Mert is unquestionably the better defender and footballer, but when chasing the game in the Nou Camp you simply can't afford someone with such a lack of pace in defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Stuck a fiver on Super Dan to score first :pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why start Flamini and not Coquelin when Coquelin is gone for the weekend and we might actually need Flamini against Everton. It makes zero sense.

Jaysus, I had forgotten about that.

That really is a baffling decision. Unless coq is carrying a slight injury or something it seems like a mental decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Canadel wrote: »
    Welbeck is due a hat-trick in Europe.

Team might not be the strongest, but mentally it is strong. And there is pace to hurt Barca with Welbeck, Sanchez and Iwobi. It's up to Ozil to find the space to put that pace to good use.

Eh, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

We'll get a result tonight but go out valiantly and Wenger will wonder what all the recent fuss was all about.....

omega man wrote: »
    We'll get a result tonight but go out valiantly and Wenger will wonder what all the recent fuss was all about.....

A few weeks ago I said something similar as we usually do but I think we are so bad we will get a spanking tonight.

If the team dont really show any fight tonight I will be fairly convinced Wenger has lost the dressing room. Not by Chelsea this year standards but there is def something going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Drexel wrote: »
    Jaysus, I had forgotten about that.

That really is a baffling decision. Unless coq is carrying a slight injury or something it seems like a mental decision

Why is coq gone for Saturday? He served his suspension against Hull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wenger clearly focussing on winning the league

i actually think he has lost the plot. Heading for a mental breakdown.

This is it anyway. Don't think there's much pressure on them - the season is basically over but if the players have any pride at all they'll put in a performance tonight.

Come on lads

Wenger must really dislike Campbell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good luck tonight, you need a miracle, come on Welbeck...

Koscielny and Gabriel. This should be a laugh.

Odds on still having hope at half time just to waste my whole night? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I turn on rte, hear Ronnie Whelan. Head straight to find a stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Expecting a long night.

We're dominating them ;-)

Welbeck ya lad ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Arsenal had a chance for a chance but they would rather pass that take that chance.

You'd think Arsenal were the home side....weird.

Strange start by Barcelona. Are they just going to soak up pressure?

Great to see Ozil having a go

Commentary about 30 minutes ahead of the play on RTE. Poxy.

Good effort. Is the RTE sound/picture out of sync?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Love how the linesman waited to make sure they weren't going to score before giving the offside :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its fine on swearview

Come on lads, just sneak that first goal.

• Advertisement

Impressive start.

Amazing save, Ospina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Commentary is ahead of the action?

Game over

omega man wrote: »
    Impressive start.

For Barca, obviously....

Still ONLY need 3 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Stupid by kos.

• Advertisement

How many ?

Why do Arsenal insist on playing the ball out from the back?

Casual, lacklustre passing is no what's needed tonight either.

Welbeck is begging for a ball over the top. Not one has been even attempted yet by Arsenal.

Canadel wrote: »
    Why do Arsenal insist on playing the ball out from the back?

Casual, lacklustre passing is no what's needed tonight either.

Welbeck is begging for a ball over the top. Not one has been even attempted yet by Arsenal.

There's nothing wrong with playing out from the back, if you just pass the ball to your teammates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Hamilton doesn't understand how away goals work.

Kos is not at the races tonight I'm afraid. Bellerin didn't cover himself in glory either totally lost neymar. A good start ruined

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement