Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

So we decided to play absolutely deadly today.

Isn't that just great.

Ajfunky wrote: »
    So we decided to play absolutely deadly today.

Isn't that just great.

A few 'Great Brits' shown up today. Walcott, Ox, and dare I say Rambo needs a bit of self examination too. Elneny was terrific again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Professional performance today.

Perfectly sums up todays game.

Thought Elneny was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Same old arsenal. Only start winning when our seasons over and no pressure. Wake me up when we were a game away from being top of the league. Then u will see us bottle it again.

I'm done with arsenal this season

Same old arsenal. Only start winning when our seasons over and no pressure. Wake me up when we were a game away from being top of the league. Then u will see us bottle it again.

Good man johnny, grateful for your support as always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

emmetlego wrote: »
    Arsenal fans singing:
    Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuub, f**k off Stan Kronke, get out of our club! Most vocal I've heard them. Delighted!

https://twitter.com/AwayDays_/status/711201935102222337

I still go to games mate. I just know our seasons finished mate

Just don't understand that mentality. They were under pressure when they played Leicester, they were under pressure when down to 10 men and losing against Spurs.

Have a good sleep.

He is speaking sense though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No pressure? A loss today and that's season over? A loss today and that's 3 in a week. The angst and ire surrounding the club would grow further.

Plenty of pressure with today's fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Arsenal fans singing:
    Get out of our club, get out of our cluuuuub, f**k off Stan Kronke, get out of our club! Most vocal I've heard them. Delighted!
    https://twitter.com/AwayDays_/status/711201935102222337

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Disagree, there was a lot of pressure on today's game IMO

Ah look I'm under no illusions and AW changed things around far too late. I hope he persists with that starting 11 (Cech for DO excepted) though for the rest of the season because they do show bottle. Fergie loved Welbeck for a reason and Ive seen since his return why.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This was a pressure game we just got kicked out of the CL and FA cup a loss today would have been awful and an absolute end to the League

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just don't understand that mentality. They were under pressure when they played Leicester, they were under pressure when down to 10 men and losing against Spurs.

Have a good sleep.

Well explain all the other games around that time then?

Mate its a given that arsenal will turn up against a good side but against a average side when we need a win you are laughing

• Advertisement

Disagree, there was a lot of pressure on today's game IMO

What pressure? Where out of the title race only top 4 to play for. No pressure

Mate its a given that arsenal will turn up against a good side but against a average side when we need a win you are laughing

Really????

I thought the personnel today are the type you need beside you in the trenches tbh. Pressure off had nothing to do with it.

greendom wrote: »
    No pressure? A loss today and that's season over? A loss today and that's 3 in a week. The angst and ire surrounding the club would grow further.

Plenty of pressure with today's fixture.

Seasons over already. Ain't a soul here who thinks we can win the league

City were hopeless in 2012 but came back from the dead. If we stick with this team that lined out today you'd never know. Leicester look poised and have done excellently tbf but its not over til the fat lady sings. I'm not switching off life support just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

No he's no because he's talking utter drivel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

You are absolutely clueless if you think there was no pressure on todays game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I do. It's a long shot but you'd be an idiot to throw in the towel in a season like this.

It's not not looking good, but for Christ's sake, we're talking about Spurs and Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I'm still hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Soups123 wrote: »
    This was a pressure game we just got kicked out of the CL and FA cup a loss today would have been awful and an absolute end to the League

It's our reaction to a devastating result that is always a reliable performance. If this match was a pressure game, then why didn't we perform against Swansea, Watford and Man United?

I don't know if Leicester are good, or Palace are really, really bad.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I don't know if Leicester are good, or Palace are really, really bad.

Honeymoon period over with Pardew? He is a short term Charlie at best. Good firefighting manager but a major slump in form

Honeymoon period over with Pardew? He is a short term Charlie at best. Good firefighting manager but a major slump in form

We'll try our best to make them look good when we play them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's our reaction to a devastating result that is always a reliable performance. If this match was a pressure game, then why didn't we perform against Swansea, Watford and Man United?

That don't make sense? The United game was a pressure game too?

Today was a pressure game we won we had other pressure games we lost which is why we are were we are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Elneny is a machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Soups123 wrote: »
    That don't make sense? The United game was a pressure game too?

Today was a pressure game we won we had other pressure games we lost which is why we are were we are

We play well when the chips are really down. When we are in pole position or a realistic competitor, we falter. As I said, we play well after games where the mood in the whole Arsenal camp is at an extreme low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Very good win.
    Really feel Wenger should stay after a performance like that! Shows how he can get the best out of them.

Trolololololololololololololo Let's see who takes the bait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Very good win.
    Really feel Wenger should stay after a performance like that! Shows how he can get the best out of them.

Lol, I was very close to losing it, nice one!

Overall great win, very much needed. Obviously too little too late but a needed win all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Good performance from the team today Wenger got the selection right too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Happy with today's win, an efficient performance and Elneny really is starting to shine. Iwobi took his goal nicely, Gabriel put in his first good shift in months and Coquelin while starting slowly really grew into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's always good to win. Some very good performers too today.
    It won't paper over the cracks though even if we won the last seven.
    Our club still needs fixing.

Even if we won every game until the end of the season, we still wouldnt win the league. The only pressure surrounding this game was that should we fail, we wouldnt get 2nd-4th.

It's always good to win. Some very good performers too today.
    It won't paper over the cracks though even if we won the last seven.
    Our club still needs fixing.

Its years since I've seen the spine of the team so strong. Wenger should stick with elneny and coq who worked brilliantly in tandem. Cazorla and Cech aside I'd stick with 9 of that team when they come back. I'm really pumped with optimism since the final whistle. There was great honesty and endeavor in that performance and a bit of raw youthful abandon thrown in for good measure

Bye bye Theo and Ox. Time to cut the dead wood loose.

Even if we won every game until the end of the season, we still wouldnt win the league. The only pressure surrounding this game was that should we fail, we wouldnt get 2nd-4th.

I'd still like us to push the issue to the bitter end though. Show us they care

• Advertisement

I'd still like us to push the issue to the bitter end though. Show us they care

Fair enpugh, but we are as close to 9th as are to top right now.

Fair enpugh, but we are as close to 9th as are to top right now.

Always look up and aim high and be there if there is a slip to capitalise. Credit to Leicester and I'd rather they see it out then see it go to Spurs if it comes down to it but as professionals the players owe it to the fans to push the issue. Man U under Fergie, hate them as I did, wouldn't give up, the invincibles wouldn't give up, the class of 98 never gave up, George Graham's sides never gave up when all seemed lost.

Always look up and aim high and be there if there is a slip to capitalise. Credit to Leicester and I'd rather they see it out then see it go to Spurs if it comes down to it but as professionals the players owe it to the fans to push the issue. Man U under Fergie, hate them as I did, wouldn't give up, the invincibles wouldn't give up, the class of 98 never gave up, George Graham's sides never gave up when all seemed lost.

I just feel this team gave up on us a few weeks back and that the damage is irreversible now no matter how much we all hope it is not. Least we should play nice football again with the top 4 looking secured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Palace hit the bar in injury time. The stars are lining up for Leicester.

It's nearly getting to the stage when I'll be hoping they win games so Spurs don't win it.

In fairness to Leicester better teams have imploded by now in previous years. We'd know about that....

I just feel this team gave up on us a few weeks back and that the damage is irreversible now no matter how much we all hope it is not. Least we should play nice football again with the top 4 looking secured now.

Yeah look I'm under no illusions and I'm as flabbergasted as the next man. Let's not tar every Arsenal player with the same brush. A few bad apples soured the barrel. I'd prefer to praise the individual heroics of the likes of Cech, welbeck, ozil and elneny. They are not all bottlers

omega man wrote: »
    Palace hit the bar in injury time. The stars are lining up for Leicester.

It's nearly getting to the stage when I'll be hoping they win games so Spurs don't win it.

In fairness to Leicester better teams have imploded by now in previous years. We'd know about that....

Leicester have spirit though in abundance. Good luck to them if they do it I'll gladly tip my hat to them

• Advertisement

Yeah look I'm under no illusions and I'm as flabbergasted as the next man. Let's not tar every Arsenal player with the same brush. A few bad apples soured the barrel. I'd prefer to praise the individual heroics of the likes of Cech, welbeck, ozil and elneny. They are not all bottlers

Iv praised Ozil and Cech on numerous occasions and believe both deserve a lot better than this and wouldnt hold a grudge if they moved on. Monreal would be the only other player that could come away from this season with any credit as well with Welbeck.

Iv praised Ozil and Cech on numerous occasions and believe both deserve a lot better than this and wouldnt hold a grudge if they moved on. Monreal would be the only other player that could come away from this season with any credit as well with Welbeck.

Agreed. Bellerin is still young too. Very impressed with our shape today. Sanchez yes was struggling for form but he is a trier and I still believe he's brilliant to have at the club

Agreed. Bellerin is still young too. Very impressed with our shape today. Sanchez yes was struggling for form but he is a trier and I still believe he's brilliant to have at the club

Love Sanchez and when he gets his form back, he will be devastating. Im usually a big Kos fan but he has been as bad as Mert and Gabriel this season. Think he could do with getting a better partner beside him or Gab continues to improve. Cant see a place at the club or Walcott anymore and Id let Giroud go too if Welbeck continues to emerge and we can get a Higuain type over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Leicester have spirit though in abundance. Good luck to them if they do it I'll gladly tip my hat to them

A tough unit to beat and fight to the end. Good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    A tough unit to beat and fight to the end. Good luck to them.

Sure are, and they're getting the luck champions do too. Palace hit the woodwork in the last minute today, and I recall them having this sort of luck all through the season too. We have had the opposite luck in games recently too!

It sounds begrudging against Leicester, and that's not my intention, just pointing out that you need luck to be champions too, and they have it. The alternative to them or us winning it is just too hard to digest!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement