Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

mansize wrote: »
    Looks like Arsenal have been identified as having a player that's accused of doping... I wonder who that is...

Accused??hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

mansize wrote: »
    Looks like Arsenal have been identified as having a player that's accused of doping... I wonder who that is...
    FixitFelix wrote: »
    Accused??hmmm
    "A British doctor has been secretly filmed describing how he prescribed banned performance enhancing drugs to 150 ??? ??? including professional footballers.
    An investigation by the Sunday Times has found that Dr Mark Bonar charges sports stars thousands of pounds for ??? drug programmes"

Nothing this Doctor is saying has any credibility.
    Its the same Doctor who did this last year! - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3354179/Harley-Street-doctor-kept-patient-dark-terminal-cancer.html

He's pure scum!
    While i do believe there is PEDS in the league, i'd rather get a better source than this ****er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The players name is out there on twitter now. Looks like it happened at his previous PL club so we should be in the clear.

How do I find it? I don't do twitter. Though if he was at a previous PL club I can only think of 2

If they can draw at home they can win away. Good ol' Southampton, always liked them. Just how I always liked Liverpool or something.

gosplan wrote: »
    A notable difference is that Elneny seems to have much more disclipine than Ramsey.

Get and give, simple ball, find space, get it again etc. But very rarely enters the box and isn't really ever caught in front of play.

Much better platform and much less risk than anything Rambo offers.

Ramsey takes on way too much on for a CMF so Wenger is probably right about him being out wide.

Again this points to Wenger's coaching. Yeah being expressive is great but really you need to be telling your CMF to be a bit disclipined. Plus I think of the CMF tries less to force the issue they actually get presented with 3/4 decent opportunities per game.

I know he hasn't played much, but Elneny's passing stats are insane. He is making well over 100 passes a game, with over 90% accuracy. He's even out-performing what Santi was doing.

You're right about Ramsey being on the wing. Less risk involved. I also felt that Ramsey was trying to make things happen, at a time where goals were hard to come by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Basil3 wrote: »
    I know he hasn't played much, but Elneny's passing stats are insane. He is making well over 100 passes a game, with over 90% accuracy. He's even out-performing what Santi was doing.

You're right about Ramsey being on the wing. Less risk involved. I also felt that Ramsey was trying to make things happen, at a time where goals were hard to come by.

There were a lot of ridiculous one twos with Elneny and another today. I can think of two occasions with Sanchez and Ozil.
    However it's his positional sense I've been most pleased with. If the fullback or central defender go charging up field he seems to cover their position through his determination and tenacity alone.
    He looks a good addition to the squad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I think no matter who comes back from injury we should stick with this 11 till end of season it gives us more balance

Win next week away to West Ham and something crazy could happen yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

We only overtook Newcastle yesterday for goals scored at home.

Jesus that's shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

If Leicester win today its over, if they drop 2 or 3 points we can win this title.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Yesterday was the worst atmosphere at the Emirates in years. Felt more like a pre-season game. The only point of note was the clap at 7 minutes for Rocky.

On the game the Egyptian and the Nigerian kid look solid squad additions. Watford were on summer holiday mode / focusing on the cup.

Must have been 10,000 empty seats for a sold out game.

Good 3 points for the battle for 3rd / 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

If Leicester win today its over, if they drop 2 or 3 points we can win this title.

That doesn't make any sense. What if Leicester win today but lose their next game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That doesn't make any sense. What if Leicester win today but lose their next game?

I think it's taking into account that they play a decent team today but Sunderland next.

We will see can Leicester hold there nerve

If they start getting 0-0 instead of there 1-0 wins anything could happen

JustTheOne wrote: »
    We only overtook Newcastle yesterday for goals scored at home.

Jesus that's shocking.

Any positives about the win yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

My feeling would be similar to runnholic, that being if they drop points today they may start to crumble. If they win today at a tough place like Southampton I just can't see them dropping enough points over the remainder of the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

My feeling would be similar to runnholic, that being if they drop points today they may start to crumble. If they win today at a tough place like Southampton I just can't see them dropping enough points over the remainder of the campaign.

Playing at home today so I wouldn't be jumping to that conclusion if they get the win.

L'prof wrote: »
    Playing at home today so I wouldn't be jumping to that conclusion if they get the win.

I don't know why I had it in my head that they were away. Less confident of them dropping points now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I don't know why I had it in my head that they were away. Less confident of them dropping points now :(

I'm not so much confident that they'll fm drop points as I am hopeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Any positives about the win yesterday?

Yep we're back in the title race.

I'm believing again.

• Advertisement

Liverpool blew a 5 point least d with 3 games to go

I don't think we're back in any race yet and even if we were you wouldn't trust this team to get the job done

But this league is crazy and still a long way to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

L'prof wrote: »
    I'm not so much confident that they'll fm drop points as I am hopeful.

I want them to drop points so we have a chance at the title but don't want it to backfire and having spurs ending up snatching it.

Frustrating first half. Leicester done very little but lead. Mane should have scored that one on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Think thats how you spell him :pac:

what do ye make of him ?

Apparently looking at houses in London and told family and friends he wants to join arsenal :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/505479/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-I-want-to-join-Arsenal-not-Liverpool

PS : On the wage ranks , HOW is walcott 3rd highest paid player on £110,000 a week !! ?! !! ?

Coquelin on 20k and Bellerin only on 10k !! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

pudzey101 wrote: »

what do ye make of him ?

Apparently looking at houses in London and told family and friends he wants to join arsenal :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/505479/Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-I-want-to-join-Arsenal-not-Liverpool

PS : On the wage ranks , HOW is walcott 3rd highest paid player on £110,000 a week !! ?! !! ?

Coquelin on 20k and Bellerin only on 10k !! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Very good player.
    But i'm not sure where he'd fit in? Maybe in place of Iwobi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

game over - ball burst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That surely is that. Just try and catch spurs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

We dropped 5 points against that Southampton team. Amazing the way Leicester can handle the ball in the box twice and get away with it

Assuming we don't pull off the impossible, i would love if Leicester won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Assuming we don't pull of the impossible, i would love if Leicester won it.

Yeah. Have to remind myself of this in between all the anger.

Oddly, if we hadn't beaten them twice, it'd be in the bag for them (if it's not already).

• Advertisement

That's it.

They may be getting breaks but we started playing like **** when we went top.

They deserve it.

gosplan wrote: »
    That's it.

They may be getting breaks but we started playing like **** when we went top.

They deserve it.

I'd argue we were playing poorly long before then. No idea how we're anywhere near the title race.

Everyone will come down like a tonne of bricks on Wenger after this season, and rightly so. That said, we are the least underperforming of any of the bigger clubs. Strange old sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Amazing to see Leicester win it, fully deserve to and credit to them.

I'll find it really hard to get interested in next season with Arsene in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leicester are handling the pressure of being on top better than we did. They are playing for each other and like a team who are well prepared. That plus the lack of serious injuries like we eternally suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

That said, we are the least underperforming of any of the bigger clubs. Strange old sport.

The other big clubs who underperform at least are brave enough to make changes and show ambition to want more.

We on the other hand will ask Arsene what his plans and thank him for top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I think after today's result that the league is beyond us but we must get to second and push those usurpers from North London back under us where they belong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

pudzey101 wrote: »

what do ye make of him ?

Probably the worst thing about that list is that Wilshere, Rosicky and Arteta are amongst the highest earners and have played feck all this season.
    Walcott must have one hell of an agent

Soups123 wrote: »
    The other big clubs who underperform at least are brave enough to make changes and show ambition to want more.

We on the other hand will ask Arsene what his plans and thank him for top 4

I don't think Wenger, or anyone else at the club, is happy with only a top 4 finish.

I'm sure you realise that a lot of managerial changes in the big clubs are more down to damage limitation than ambition. I guess you could say they do show ambition, if clubs are more ambitious than floundering around mid-table.

For the record, I'm not opposed to Wenger leaving. I just don't think bringing in a new manager equals bravery or ambition. I also think Arsenal underperforming is not remotely the same as what has happened at United, Chelsea, Liverpool or even City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I don't think Wenger, or anyone else at the club, is happy with only a top 4 finish.

I'm sure you realise that a lot of managerial changes in the big clubs are more down to damage limitation than ambition. I guess you could say they do show ambition, if clubs are more ambitious than floundering around mid-table.

For the record, I'm not opposed to Wenger leaving. I just don't think bringing in a new manager equals bravery or ambition. I also think Arsenal underperforming is not remotely the same as what has happened at United, Chelsea, Liverpool or even City.

Well Kroenke seems content with top 4 finishes

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Well I think after today's result that the league is beyond us but we must get to second and push those usurpers from North London back under us where they belong!

Spurs have Utd next. Utd need wins really badly for top 4. Any result there is basically pleasing.

Then they have the ultimate test - midweek away in Stoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I wonder what will happen to Leicester next season, With the strain of Champions League football etc, they'll need a much bigger squad, I imagine they will lose Mayhrez and possibly Varde, Kante, be interesting to see if they spend big, and if they can attract big names.
    All credit to them to them when they win this season, very interesting to see what they do next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We're mentioned in The Guardian's '10 Talking Points from the Weekend' today under the title 'Arsenal have finally found midfield solidity'.

It's true that Elneny has been excellent but... this is how it starts. Soon that line will be picked up by the Wenger Knows Best brigade (we finally plugged the whole left behind by Song, though not RVP, so good for us) and we'll start the same cycle of hope. Maybe since we seem to have plugged *this* hole and/or begin a run of form, it'll be different next season. Just need a few signings in the summer and we can *really* kick on.

I know I sound terribly jaded but I'm sick of it. Delighted for Elneny and Iwobi's recent progress but we're a Wenger team this season and we'll be a Wenger team next season. I really don't care about how we did against Watford because I can't forgive how we played against a makeshift Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Impressive, regardless of the opposition

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/716915156329099264

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

A young talented midfielder who can play at the highest level should go because he had a tiff at a nightclub? Come on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A young talented midfielder who can play at the highest level should go because he had a tiff at a nightclub? Come on...

He should go because he's made of cornflakes and cant string more than a few appearances together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

keano_afc wrote: »
    He should go because he's made of cornflakes and cant string more than a few appearances together.

That's fair enough but I wouldn't want him sold to anyone In the PL because when he plays he plays... If he stays fit he can be world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Does anybody actually know the record for how many consecutive games that he's actually played in a row for the club?? It must be 10 or less?? It at least seems like that little!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He played 49 games in his first ever season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

AdamD wrote: »
    He played 49 games in his only ever season

fixed;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement