Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Time for Giroud to score the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

An important 5 minutes left here lads, title on the line.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ozil looks disinterested. It's like he's already decided this is all a waste of time so doesn't give a ****.

Just up, did I miss much? :P

We made an English hero of Andy Carroll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

His eyes were offside, his eyes were offsideeee, Mesut Ozil, his eyes were offside!

:-) Hammers fans giving me a much needed laugh!

Just the usual.

A win for West Ham would've at least made 4th place exciting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Nice to see the fans focusing their anger at Kronke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Walcott in his whole time on did nothing besides lose the ball, hes seems to regress every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ozil looks disinterested. It's like he's already decided this is all a waste of time so doesn't give a ****.

Or you know.. That's how he always looks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Is Walcott a professional footballer still?? That last move of the game exemplifies his on pitch mood lately!
    I'll take the draw, tough place to go, but we did throw that away. We need Utd to do us a favour tomorrow now in the race for 2nd.

I don't think I'll ever understand why a manager will play anything other than his best starting XI.

Man for man we are better than this West Ham team by a long way. Payet being probably the only question mark on that. Yet again though our "better" team were largely outplayed and bossed around the park.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Is Walcott a professional footballer still?? That last move of the game exemplifies his on pitch mood lately!
    I'll take the draw, tough place to go, but we did throw that away. We need Utd to do us a favour tomorrow now in the race for 2nd.

Don't give a **** about 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

At least we fought back for the draw.

But for Andy Carroll to score a hat trick!!
    Hindsight but Mertsacker should surely have played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Do we have the dumbest squad in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

West ham away was always gonna be a hard game but there's no excuse for fúcking away a 2-0 lead within 5 minutes. Lucky to get the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Where was Joel Campbell today?

I don't think I'll ever understand why a manager will play anything other than his best starting XI.

Man for man we are better than this West Ham team by a long way. Payet being probably the only question mark on that. Yet again though our "better" team were largely outplayed and bossed around the park.

There's a 'best on paper' 11 and a 'form' 11 IMO.

Lots of people tend to think that if the team is playing well, you should keep that 11 together, and it's up to other players to play their way back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Don't give a **** about 2nd.

I bloody well do, if we finish behind Spurs then this season is a complete and utter disaster. At the very least we need to get ahead of Spurs. Unfortunately after today even that is beyond us unless they collapse. So yes I bloody do care about 2nd.

I think Leicester will definitely win the league now. It is so frustrating being an Arsenal fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Give over will ye for fcuk sake

I cant believe some of ye though we still had a chance before today?

il ask again, where was Campbell today? He must be injured because if Walcott made the squad ahead of him then somethings seriously wrong

wonga77 wrote: »
    I cant believe some of ye though we still had a chance before today?

il ask again, where was Campbell today? He must be injured because if Walcott made the squad ahead of him then somethings seriously wrong

Maybe Wenger was pissed off that Campbell was doing well and proving him wrong that he decided to drop him altogether

gandalf wrote: »
    I bloody well do, if we finish behind Spurs then this season is a complete and utter disaster. At the very least we need to get ahead of Spurs. Unfortunately after today even that is beyond us unless they collapse. So yes I bloody do care about 2nd.

I think Leicester will definitely win the league now. It is so frustrating being an Arsenal fan!

We hardly need a spurs collapse!
    Dont give a **** about finishing above spurs,i just want 2nd for automatic CL spot.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Maybe Wenger was pissed off that Campbell was doing well and proving him wrong that he decided to drop him altogether

Campbell played well for a few games, then average for a few. Either way, I don't care if he's in the squad or not. Don't think he makes a big impact, solid bench option.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Campbell played well for a few games, then average for a few. Either way, I don't care if he's in the squad or not. Don't think he makes a big impact, solid bench option.

You know i was alluding to a ridiculous statement that was made here previously?

well or average is a million miles above what Walcott is offering up the last few months,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Arsenal really are the gift that keeps on giving.

• Advertisement

And people still support him. Club is a ****ing disgrace, we're falling back into a battle for 4th if City and United get results.

And people still support him. Club is a ****ing disgrace, we're falling back into a battle for 4th if City and United get results.

Assuming united win, we would be up by a win with a match in hand.

Assuming united win, we would be up by a win with a match in hand.

Wrong. We're 5 and 6 ahead of City and United, they each have a game in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Utter garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I want United to win tomorrow! God I feel dirty....

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

gandalf wrote: »
    I want United to win tomorrow! God I feel dirty....

Ditto. But looking at the table, a win for Utd brings them closer to us so it's hard to say what would've did the best tbh, what with us dropping points and all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have been saying all season that we have a useless defence. We need new CB's badly. Shocking weak today. Our fullbacks have gone off the boil too.

Don't really agree with Ty when he goes on about Wenger but Claude shouldnt have interrupted him all the same.

I have been saying all season that we have a useless defence. We need new CB's badly. Shocking weak today. Our fullbacks have gone off the boil too.

I think Gabriel was exposed by Bellerin today who was caught up the field on several occasions.

Don't really agree with Ty when he goes on about Wenger but Claude shouldnt have interrupted him all the same.

Both are an utter embarrassment

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Both are an utter embarrassment

Claude is a head the ball but it is hard to disagree with him on a few points he has made. AW is done for one.

Ty is living in fairy land.

• Advertisement

Its kind of wrong that they keep interviewing Ty, he's quite obviously a few cans short of a sixpack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

What the f*ck is that bollocks?

Silly wind up troll b*llocks tv?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Its kind of wrong that they keep interviewing Ty, he's quite obviously a few cans short of a sixpack

I suppose we all see the world differently at the end of the day.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    What the f*ck is that bollocks?

Silly wind up troll b*llocks tv?

I think Claude is funny tbh. :D Mad as a box of frogs but can make good points too

I suppose it's pretty telling how little anyone here is getting wound up about today. Beyond a joke at this stage. 2 ahead of City and still have to play them. Just a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jeysus that's an tough watch!

Also, how many sets of headphones does that one chap need?

I suppose it's pretty telling how little anyone here is getting wound up about today. Beyond a joke at this stage. 2 ahead of City and still have to play them. Just a disgrace.

Yeah, Lord only knows how we're anywhere near them on the table. It was Arsenal's god even right to crush all before them and win the league this year. Disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah there really is no point getting wound up about them anymore. We just aren't good enough and it pains me to say that. I'm usually optimistic about our chances, but yet again we are going to finish 3rd or 4th like we do every season, regardless of the strength of the league.

That game was just a joke, getting bullied by Andy Carroll, our defence was a disgrace. Gabriel and Koscielny are a terrible partnership. We all knew what West Ham were going to do with Andy Carroll in the side and we still weren't prepared for it.

I'm as pessimistic now about Arsenals immediate future as I've ever been. This finishing 3rd and 4th every season is getting very old and boring tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

All through the game I thought what was needed with Andy Carroll around was Per mertesacker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

We won't finish 3rd, and positions 4-6 are interchangeable for me at this point. They're all easily avoidable failures. Sad thing is, I have a feeling that if we were to finish 3rd (can't see us beating City), the board would give Wenger a new contract.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement