Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Well, here we are. A most likely third behind the plucky cheap team Leicester (which we used to be touted as) and the young starlets team Tottenham (which we also used to be touted as).

I think more than anything, more than this being a 'freak year', this is what stands out the most. Yes, City should be doing better with their bagillion euro team, but at the same time they are a (slightly) ageing squad who are in dire need of a refresh of talent, and focussing all resources at winning the champions league at the behest of their owners. Chelsea, well yep that was a freak occurence but Mourinho is a toxic bastard so somewhat forseeable. Van gaal at united, well even though he plays ****e football and his player purchases haven't come off, they are still 5th in the league.

Arsene decided last Summer that all of these teams had worse players than us, IN EVERY POSITION BAR GK. That every team in the top 7 this year needed more reinforcements than us because they weren't up to our level. There were no better strikers out there than Giroud, Welbeck or Walcott. There were no better wingers out there than Walcott, Iwobi or Ramsey. There were no better central midfielders than Wilshere, Coquelin, Cazorla, Arteta and Ramsey (until Christmas). There were no better defenders than Mertesacker, Gabriel, Gibbs or Debuchy.

We are not the underdogs anymore. We are not financially constrained. We are not behind the big money teams. We are not behind teams playing torrid, defensive football. We are behind two teams playing with pride, heart, zeal and confidence. And we are paying Theo Walcott £140,000 a week - and he is a sub.

Arsene's loyalty is admirable, but it is not effective. His gameplans again are admirable, but ineffective. And his composure - completely admirable, but christ almighty rip the head off your players when they play as **** as they do (not that I know what happens in the dressing room, but the fact the Theo Walcott still actually plays football like he does shows he's not afraid of being dropped in any way).

Nothing about West Ham was a surprise, bar that these players can keep letting themselves down time after time and decide 'nect week will be different'. Right now we need leaders. Players with confidence in their ability. Players who don't drop their heads, knowing their world-class skill that sets them apart from the other team will prevail if put to use.

In Short -

#BringBackBendtner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

People need to forget about Spurs.

As if some stupid collapse from them now would make our season less mediocre.

This is the third year that the financial shackles have been off, we haven't been selling players, and we haven't moved forward at all.

I was always behind him because top 4 on negative spend wasn't something that anyone else could do. But now we're keeping all our best players, adding a world class one each year and doing exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

In an ideal world where Wenger and the board are happily to spend money, who should be bought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

In an ideal world where Wenger and the board are happily to spend money, who should be bought?

Id take no signings if we could get rid of deadwood like Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott.

Pay me £500k and give me a budget of a couple of million for travel and other expense and employees and I'll get back to you in 6 months.

Just looking around and we have 2 players who've scored more than 5 goals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Id take no signings if we could get rid of deadwood like Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Wilshere and Walcott.

Not sure if joking

Not sure if joking

Would be nearly 400k a week off the wage bill. At least we wouldn't be wasting resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Pay me £500k and give me a budget of a couple of million for travel and other expense and employees and I'll get back to you in 6 months.

Ok.

Arsenal TV should be ashamed of themselves, both of these lads have various problems in their lives but they are being exploited by Robbie for publicity & revenue. :mad:

Ty lives local & walks around dressed in club gear all the time, locals say he has personal issues & doesn't work whilst Claude was reported to have had a breakdown a while back.

These guys are just being exploited by Arsenal TV & many Gooners won't watch this carcrash rubbish. :(

At the end of the day they are grown men and their personal lives are their own business. Should Robbie screen every supporter before he interviews him? Are Arsenal exploiting them for selling them match tickets by your logic as you know the excitement might push them over the edge? The boys willingly give their input every match day and give Claude his credit, if you would have actually heard the last interview he made some great points. If everyone who had some form of personality disorder to some degree was disqualified from appearing on tv or in the media then there probably would be no such thing as the media.

• Advertisement

Really? I'd much rather signings than savings.

gosplan wrote: »

Would you want Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky hanging around again next season?

Id love signings but know realistically we arent going to get what we want. So would rather clear up wage bill and make sure the resources we are currently using are maximised. Would help the next manager too if he didnt have to get rid of a load of deadwood in his first transfer window in the following summer hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Is this an ideal world anyone?

Or is this one of those "but they aren't available" who can we buy?

If Wenger and the scouting team can't find a better striker, central defender, central defensive midfielder than our current lot, they should be shot.

Arteta, Rosicsky and Flamini are all past it. Flamini never had it up be fair. They all need replacing.

As does Mert and Gabriel.

As does Walcott and Gibbs.

I'd keep Giroud as a 3rd striker option.
    I'd give Jack one last season but if injuries persist cut and run.

The rebuilding is huge and give. Wenger always said he doesn't like to sign more than 2/3 any one window I don't think he is up to it.

But the short comings have been obvious for a few years now.

Would be nearly 400k a week off the wage bill. At least we wouldn't be wasting resources.

You sound like the board you like ripping into. I don't care about the money. What sort of squad depth would we have if we did that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Can anyone tell me if Giroud will come in for Welbeck?

You sound like the board you like ripping into. I don't care about the money. What sort of squad depth would we have if we did that?
    Rosicky, Arteta and Wilshere between them haven't started a league game all season. Get rid of them and it's enough to pay any player in the world bar a handful. Pointless talking about depth with players who can't play.

Rosicky, Arteta and Wilshere between them haven't started a league game all season. Get rid of them and it's enough to pay any player in the world bar a handful. Pointless talking about depth with players who can't play.

We have the money to pay them anyway. Getting rid of players without replacing them is utterly pointless.

I'm fully onboard with replacing most of those players (not Wilshere, not yet) btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if Giroud will come in for Welbeck?

YES/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Arsenal TV should be ashamed of themselves, both of these lads have various problems in their lives but they are being exploited by Robbie for publicity & revenue. :mad:

Ty lives local & walks around dressed in club gear all the time, locals say he has personal issues & doesn't work whilst Claude was reported to have had a breakdown a while back.

These guys are just being exploited by Arsenal TV & many Gooners won't watch this carcrash rubbish. :(

Is Arsenal Fan TV not independent of Arsenal TV and the club?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Quazzie wrote: »
    YES/

I hope you're right and that Giroud DOES start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

No, because calendar year titles and being near the top in February is enough for people like you.

This sums up 90% of this thread. The "this is not good enough for ME" attitude.

You could replace most of what's said here with the words "waaaaa waaaa waaaa".

Ol' Donie wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

People need to forget about Spurs.

As if some stupid collapse from them now would make our season less mediocre.

This is the third year that the financial shackles have been off, we haven't been selling players, and we haven't moved forward at all.

I was always behind him because top 4 on negative spend wasn't something that anyone else could do. But now we're keeping all our best players, adding a world class one each year and doing exactly the same.

And that's exactly how I feel. Wenger deserves credit for all he achieved with limited resources, but now with the shackles off... Meh. So disappointed with this year. More than any of the last 12. Now, I'd like him to move on, but if he did a most un-Wenger like thing, brought in some WC players to fill the voids in this squad, then I'd give him another shot... But I'm not holding my breath!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger willlll nootttt gooo.
    He'll be carried out in a straight jacket.
    Money men like money men around them.

PS
    Anyone who thinks we'll win a league again under Wenger needs their heads examined.
    The man hasn't a clue anymore.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

From both sides tbh.

This thread needs a big dose of cop on.

People support Arsenal.

Some are optimists and hopeful about the future. They should be allowed express this without being abused and told they're accepting mediocrity - they're ****ing not! They're just optimistic.

Others are pessimistis and think it's not going to go well and that major change is needed at the club. They are allowed say this without being told they're constantly whinging because the only constant they see is ****ing failure. They don't see a positive future.

What is wrong with people that they have to go for each other in here so often.

From both sides tbh.

This thread needs a big dose of cop on.

People support Arsenal.

Some are optimists and hopeful about the future. They should be allowed express this without being abused and told they're accepting mediocrity - they're ****ing not! They're just optimistic.
    They're wrong. They've been saying the same thing for 10+ years and nothing has changed. The same **** happens and they go on as though it's something new.
    Others are pessimistis and think it's not going to go well and that major change is needed at the club. They are allowed say this without being told they're constantly whinging because the only constant they see is ****ing failure. They don't see a positive future.

What is wrong with people that they have to go for each other in here so often.
    I used to be pretty optimistic, then I started noticing patterns and wised up. I don't like to play this card, but look back over the threads to maybe the start of last year and see how right I was. I was right about Coquelin being in a hot run of form (he may come back strongly), I'm being proven right about Gabriel (some still haven't come around yet but they will), relying on Bellerin hasn't worked out, I was right about our lack of options up front. People argued against me (and still will on those points despite it being clear to anyone with semi-functioning eyes) and willfully ignore the evidence.

We signed no outfield player last summer. "It'll be fine!" they screamed, it hasn't been. We signed a no-name in January who some have been happy with yet we've won precisely 2 matches with him playing. But sure it's grand.

They're wrong. They've been saying the same thing for 10+ years and nothing has changed. The same **** happens and they go on as though it's something new.

I used to be pretty optimistic, then I started noticing patterns and wised up. I don't like to play this card, but look back over the threads to maybe the start of last year and see how right I was. I was right about Coquelin being in a hot run of form (he may come back strongly), I'm being proven right about Gabriel (some still haven't come around yet but they will), relying on Bellerin hasn't worked out, I was right about our lack of options up front. People argued against me (and still will on those points despite it being clear to anyone with semi-functioning eyes) and willfully ignore the evidence.

We signed no outfield player last summer. "It'll be fine!" they screamed, it hasn't been. We signed a no-name in January who some have been happy with yet we've won precisely 2 matches with him playing. But sure it's grand.

Elneny has been outstanding and credit to Wenger he looks a top class player. AW got alot of things wrong but he spotted a real gem in this lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Elneny has been outstanding and credit to Wenger he looks a top class player. AW got alot of things wrong but he spotted a real gem in this lad.

You're confident saying that after such a short period of time?

Let's see. As far as I can see he's started 7 games for us.

D 0-0 with Hull.
    D 2-2 at Spurs.
    L 2-1 with Watford.
    L 3-1 at Barcelona.
    W 2-0 Everton.
    W 4-0 Watford.
    D 3-3 West Ham.

He certainly looks good and seems to do the right things. How much influence he's actually had is very much open to argument. Losing to Watford and conceding 3 against West Ham doesn't scream "excellent CM/DM on the pitch" to me. Coquelin was on with him in both matches as well. So as good as he looks and Coquelin is meant to be, the results don't seem to follow.

• Advertisement

The biggest issue I have with Arsenal at the moment is the lack of leadership.

You had Bellerin continuously going astray up the field and the West Ham peppering our box with crosses (from both sides it has to be said but at least Monreal wasnt wandering). Not one player let a roar at Bellerin to cop himself on and get himself back to where he should be. He made a sprint up the field and lost the ball at another stage and hadnt the gas to chase back when he did lose it. Do you think he would do this with Tony Adams on the pitch? Or Martin Keown? Steve Bould? Sol Campbell? Like fúck he would. He'd have been boll0cked and rightly so.

West Ham harmed us through the wing yesterday. We were more than competitive in the centre. Wenger got a warning with that offside goal and chose to ignore it. Regardless of our 2 nil lead, we were very easy to penetrate out wide and especially down that left wing.

And there was no one too bang heads together :(

On the plus side, i thought we would collapse after going 3-2 down but we did keep at them and almost snatched a winner. Sanchez should have hit his chance first time

Let's see. As far as I can see he's started 7 games for us.

D 0-0 with Hull.
    D 2-2 at Spurs.
    L 2-1 with Watford.
    L 3-1 at Barcelona.
    W 2-0 Everton.
    W 4-0 Watford.
    D 3-3 West Ham.

He certainly looks good and seems to do the right things. How much influence he's actually had is very much open to argument. Losing to Watford and conceding 3 against West Ham doesn't scream "excellent CM/DM on the pitch" to me. Coquelin was on with him in both matches as well. So as good as he looks and Coquelin is meant to be, the results don't seem to follow.

He done his own part in all of those games. Scored v Barca. Was excellent against Spurs until idiot Coquelin got sent off. Excellent v Everton, Excellent last week v Watford. Excellent yesterday but West ham harmed us out wide. We arent been walked through down the centre since he came in. Your just looking at the results when you should be looking at his actual performances. There is 10 others on the pitch alongside him.
    He has done feck all wrong. A steal for 5m. Not sure we need to spend big on a CDM either to be honest. Kante who is incredible was bought for 6m.

Money isnt the issue, its tactics and personnel. The personnel from the suits, to the manager, to the majority of wimps we have are wrong. No one was devastated by Ox's injury. That's how bad he has been this season. Not one person gave a shít that he was injured.

You're confident saying that after such a short period of time?

100%. Have been very impressed with him. No fancy bullshít, keeps it simple, strong, direct. His stats have been impressive too. Couldnt fault him.

He done his own part in all of those games. Scored v Barca. Was excellent against Spurs until idiot Coquelin got sent off. Excellent v Everton, Excellent last week v Watford. Excellent yesterday but West ham harmed us out wide. We arent been walked through down the centre since he came in. Your just looking at the results when you should be looking at his actual performances. There is 10 others on the pitch alongside him.
    He has done feck all wrong. A steal for 5m. Not sure we need to spend big on a CDM either to be honest. Kante who is incredible was bought for 6m.

Money isnt the issue, its tactics and personnel. The personnel from the suits, to the manager, to the majority of wimps we have are wrong. No one was devastated by Ox's injury. That's how bad he has been this season. Not one person gave a shít that he was injured.
    He's looked good but a 3-3 to West Ham with both him and Coquelin is very poor. One or both should've been able to see what happened, dropped back to help the CBs and bollock the FBs into doing their job. You didn't mention the 2-1 against Watford (Elneny & Coquelin) funny enough. :pac:
    Unfortunately stats, passes, possession and looking good don't count at the end of the season. He looks good but the best DMs aren't noticed much until it's realised what results are being generated with them on the pitch. Since Coquelin's injury and since Elneny's signed our results have been garbage. I'd like to see him make it but I've a funny feeling Coquelin will be gone by the start of 2018 and we're back to square 1 looking for a pure DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The biggest issue I have with Arsenal at the moment is the lack of leadership.

You had Bellerin continuously going astray up the field and the West Ham peppering our box with crosses (from both sides it has to be said but at least Monreal wasnt wandering). Not one player let a roar at Bellerin to cop himself on and get himself back to where he should be. He made a sprint up the field and lost the ball at another stage and hadnt the gas to chase back when he did lose it. Do you think he would do this with Tony Adams on the pitch? Or Martin Keown? Steve Bould? Sol Campbell? Like fúck he would. He'd have been boll0cked and rightly so.

West Ham harmed us through the wing yesterday. We were more than competitive in the centre. Wenger got a warning with that offside goal and chose to ignore it. Regardless of our 2 nil lead, we were very easy to penetrate out wide and especially down that left wing.

And there was no one too bang heads together :(

On the plus side, i thought we would collapse after going 3-2 down but we did keep at them and almost snatched a winner. Sanchez should have hit his chance first time

Agree. And it stems from the top. The centre backs were given no instructions yesterday. Nobody took responsibility for Carroll. The second goal was a shambles. I mean, he was right behind them and neither of them had a clue. It's not even schoolboy stuff, because that's a disservice to kids who can follow basic defensive instruction. We haven't had a leader since Vieira.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Agree. And it stems from the top. The centre backs were given no instructions yesterday. Nobody took responsibility for Carroll. The second goal was a shambles. I mean, he was right behind them and neither of them had a clue. It's not even schoolboy stuff, because that's a disservice to kids who can follow basic defensive instruction. We haven't had a leader since Vieira.

Both Koc and Gabriel deserve criticism for this. What kills Arsenal fans more than anything is that in the right care, the sky is the limit. However, the powers that be, Wenger included, are determined that they are happy to go as far as the glass ceiling and look out.

He's looked good but a 3-3 to West Ham with both him and Coquelin is very poor. One or both should've been able to see what happened, dropped back to help the CBs and bollock the FBs into doing their job. You didn't mention the 2-1 against Watford (Elneny & Coquelin) funny enough. :pac:
    Unfortunately stats, passes, possession and looking good don't count at the end of the season. He looks good but the best DMs aren't noticed much until it's realised what results are being generated with them on the pitch. Since Coquelin's injury and since Elneny's signed our results have been garbage. I'd like to see him make it but I've a funny feeling Coquelin will be gone by the start of 2018 and we're back to square 1 looking for a pure DM.

Elneny does cover the centre halves but dont forget if he gets sucked back there then it leaves one of their central midfielders (i.e Noble) free for the shot. Against Watford in the cup, they scored one goal from a long throw in which our centre halves failed to deal with. Not a CDM issue. the second goal he was in nooo way the fault for. Your using Elneny as a scape goat with very little stats or evidence to prove your theory.

The fact that no one is bollocking the full backs or those meant to be covering the full backs i agree with. The fact we haven't a vocal leader could be more down to Wengers 'anti negativity-pro calm' ideology as opposed our an actual lack of leaders. I simply cannot fathom that not one of the players he has signed does not have the urge to roar at the others when they fúck up and there has been many of those. Cech to his credit barks orders but he is only one man.

We were guilty of conceding many goals down the middle and Elneny has helped to prevent that. I said at the time vs Everton that we were impregnable down that middle. Himself and Coq worked excellently in tandem.

Fact is, even the best CDM in the world would not have prevented those goals yesterday. Our central defenders are woeful but our full backs are not much better. Monreal isnt bad at times but Bellerin is a silly twat who is getting way too much credit for his pace. he has been bad more than he has been good. He could be a very good full back only there is no one to whip him into shape. There is a 'Love one another' culture at the club

With due respect, I think you don't appreciate other's points.

Many people here, me included were willing to stick with Wenger till the financial shackles came off.

The reality seems to be that he does just as well selling his best players and cobbling together as he does keeping his best players and adding the odd world class talent.

If you say it's about players then my point is that many of us believed that if we didn't have to sell, you'd get Nasri, RVP, Fab etc all playing on the same team to their optimal level.

Now we have Ozil, Sanchez etc, we're keeping everyone but we're getting exactly the same results as we did then.

It is not about the players.

I thought it was. I thought that when Wenger was allowed keep the squads he built that we'd do better.

It's like people are saying Wenger's not good enough simply because he refuses to spend. That's not true - we can't hold on to a lead and we don't come back very often. It's organisation and spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

A lot here dont realise that 10 years ago, me and some here wanted wenger out because we knew back then wenger is not the man for the job.

finishing in top 4 is simply not good enough and i dont think many here will disagree with that.

I wish wenger will go this summer.

I think he means that Johnny will have to wait till he reads something somewhere else that someone else said then he might copy and paste in here to answer you.

what are you talking about? i dont copy and paste and call it my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

A lot here dont realise that 10 years ago, me and some here wanted wenger out because we knew back then wenger is not the man for the job.

finishing in top 4 is simply not good enough and i dont think many here will disagree with that.

With his ego I very much doubt he will, he's in the most comfortable job in world football. He's under no pressure from the board even if he finishes below Leicester and Spuds. He's the most stubborn man I ever seen, he's not ruthless enough with this side and his tactics are so easy to read its sickening.

Even if Wenger went out and spent hundreds of millions (which he won't even under fan pressure), it won't matter cause his tactics are old hat and they will still be there. We could be really struggling next season, anyone thinking we won't have their head in the clouds. Really worrying times ahead.

Looper007 wrote: »
    With his ego I very much doubt he will, he's in the most comfortable job in world football. He's under no pressure from the board even if he finishes below Leicester and Spuds. He's the most stubborn man I ever seen, he's not ruthless enough with this side and his tactics are so easy to read its sickening.

Even if Wenger went out and spent hundreds of millions (which he won't even under fan pressure), it won't matter cause his tactics are old hat and they will still be there. We could be really struggling next season, anyone thinking we won't have their head in the clouds. Really worrying times ahead.

I agree with much of this.

Eboue was not the problem, Bellerin is not the problem.

Your wing back bombing forward in the last 5 minutes of the first half when you're 2 goals up is the problem.

Clearly they're not instructed otherwise.

I think Gallas' sit down at the end of the match that time shows how frustrated he was with the attitude and mentality.

I don't agree with what he did but clearly he just couldn't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think the financial state the club was in 10 years meant that it would have taken a very special manager to improve on what Arsene Wenger did over the last decade. He has also helped to leave the club in a very healthy situation for whoever takes over..

It is time for him to go know but that shouldn't detract from what he achieved in his tenure at the club.

I agree with much of this.

Eboue was not the problem, Bellerin is not the problem.

Your wing back bombing forward in the last 5 minutes of the first half when you're 2 goals up is the problem.

Clearly they're not instructed otherwise.

I think Gallas' sit down at the end of the match that time shows how frustrated he was with the attitude and mentality.

I don't agree with what he did but clearly he just couldn't take it.

Yep, the problem is not personnel, its coaching. Its no coincidence that Arsenal have had season after season of almost identical mediocrity and hilarity, despite very different players representing the club.

Its something the fans who advocate "give him another summer with loads of money" need to realise. We could buy anyone in the world. We're still going to see the same familiar failings because the manager is at fault.

i forgot to mention another reason why wenger is not a good manager anymore.

When Ozil said that the team blew there title hopes, Wenger went on to criticise Ozil instead of actually agreeing with him or not bother commenting on it.

What will wenger say now today after the dreadful draw against West Ham and Leicester and Spurs winning?

He still thinks we can win it? lol

A better manager would admin we blew it and work on why we blew it and try to rectify those mistakes in the next season. But the exact same mistakes have happened over and over again for the last 10 years which are:

Lack of leadership
    Always 2-3 players short at the start of a season(be it a new DM, GK, striker etc)
    Lack of talent
    Lack of strength
    Afraid to sell and drop medicore players.

List can go on to be fair.

Think about it, if your boss tells you what your doing is fine and we will succed, why would you improve and up your game? Its the same here with Arsenal players. They think at present they can walk all over most of the Premier league sides. Thats how over the course of the second half of this season, the team has shown lack of effort because they think they can just turn up and thats it.

Wenger has to go. His had 10 chances to fix the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

There is no in game management from Wenger or from anyone on the pitch. 2-0 up with a few minutes left until half time and we are still bombing forward instead of just seeing out the half. And Wengers comments about not expecting Carroll to play are typical of his arrogance. Doesnt pay any attention to the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

So it's Wengers fault that Carroll played?? Maybe I'm not reading that right??

Nobody expected Carroll to play, especially the pre match analysis!

emmetlego wrote: »

The goals he scored where gifts.

we could make up a 11 a side team now and beat this arsenal team tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

The goals he scored where gifts.

we could make up a 11 a side team now and beat this arsenal team tomorrow...

In fairness that would have to be a serious ****ing Boards team...

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »

He would have seen West Ham's team sheet when it was released an hour before kick off. Plenty of time to pull the back 4 aside and assign responsibility of who picks Carroll up at set pieces etc. Setting up to counter the opposition is a well known weakness of Wenger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement