Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

You could argue using any team. We've lost to them all.
    You could also buy the 11 best players on the planet and Wenger still couldn't win the league now with them. He's lost anything he had and is becoming the focus of fun with many waiting for his excuses.Just go through the thread. He's turning into a Brian Clough in that he was good once but it ends badly.

The comment stated that he can't inspire them to beat Watford which we did 4-0, maybe he should have used a different match to argue his point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We lost to Watford at home in the cup...I think everybody knows that's the game tayto is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

pudzey101 wrote: »
    reading back through a few comments made me laugh :D do ye really think a new manager will win us silverware ?

signed cech .. world class
    monreal...consistent left back
    Bellerin... IMO best young RB around
    Krystian Bielik ... guy is looking like a machine at only 18 already
    coquelin... no words needed.
    elneny for 5m ... turning out to be great and will be given time
    ozil .... best in the league on his day
    sanchez... no words needed .

Could almost predict if we brought a new manager in for next year(whoever it may be) will almost 100% F##K things up .

We cant expect to win EVERY single game , and maybe should be doing better against some of the lower teams , Less pressure off Wenger , .... Who at the start of the season said Ranieri would be top with Leicester in Mid-April ??

so lets keep the current manager who isnt winning any silverware..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

FixitFelix wrote: »
    The comment stated that he can't inspire them to beat Watford which we did 4-0, maybe he should have used a different match to argue his point

Doesn't matter which team i used he has lost to all of them at one stage or another when we shouldn't have. This season all the cards fell right for him and he still couldn't motivate the team to take the chance.I know he has certain faithful support here and i always said that i couldn't care who managed the team as long as we got plenty of effort and pride in the jersey from them. We don't get that with any consistence now under Wenger so it's time for him to go BUT i doubt he will as he's a company man.

We lost to Watford at home in the cup...I think everybody knows that's the game tayto is referring to.

ACTUALLY THE WATFORD RESULTS SUM UP THE WENGER DEBATE!
    When you hear Arsenal V Watford 2016 .. what do you think off..

Those who think Wengers time is up, probably think of Watford beating us 1-2 at home and knocking us out of the FA Cup.

Those who still believe Wenger is the man talk about Arsenal beating Watford 4-0 in a nothing game for Watford whose mind is on the FAcup semi.

Doesn't matter which team i used he has lost to all of them at one stage or another when we shouldn't have. This season all the cards fell right for him and he still couldn't motivate the team to take the chance.I know he has certain faithful support here and i always said that i couldn't care who managed the team as long as we got plenty of effort and pride in the jersey from them. We don't get that with any consistence now under Wenger so it's time for him to go BUT i doubt he will as he's a company man.

I hold no strong feelings for Wenger either way,but saying he can't motivate the players?! If the players cant motivate themselves and eachother and fight for each other they need to shoulder some of the blame, they're not 11 yr old kids

If you're not playing for the manager play for yourselves

I hold no strong feelings for Wenger either way,but saying he can't motivate the players?! If the players cant motivate themselves and eachother and fight for each other they need to shoulder some of the blame, they're not 11 yr old kids

Agree but it doesn't work that way at Arsenal. We've seen the same situation under Wenger for a long time i.e. he is faithful to players and their position is rarely threatened when they are playing crap. He still picks them for the next game. There is little or no fight in our team. I still can't get the 6 - 0 against Chelsea out of my head or losing the 4 - 0 lead at Newcastle.Those kind of results happen to us far more often than any other so-called big team.

Agree but it doesn't work that way at Arsenal. We've seen the same situation under Wenger for a long time i.e. he is faithful to players and their position is rarely threatened when they are playing crap. He still picks them for the next game. There is little or no fight in our team. I still can't get the 6 - 0 against Chelsea out of my head or losing the 4 - 0 lead at Newcastle.Those kind of results happen to us far more often than any other so-called big team.

I agree is turned into a bit of a holiday camp for lads,apart from the odd time he drops someone after a few bad games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

so lets keep the current manager who isnt winning any silverware..:rolleyes:

I'm not against you, but if you're going to make an argument, make it current. We won 2 FA cups in the last 3 years. Wenger deserves a bit more credence than the hyperbole and vitriol served up here.

I want him to go, but if you are going to contribute to this debate, please be factual, and respectful to a great servant to our club!

• Advertisement

I think that debate has gone full circle. Just decide which bracket your in.

Manager buys players > players do great > manager a genius .
    Manager buys players > players play **** > players fault .
    Manager buys players > players play **** > managers fault .

Arsenals just a ****ing buisness at this stage, 7th richest club in the world, the highest match day revenue (100M in 2015) of any club in the world.
    The board and Wenger couldnt give a **** about the fans, Wenger would rather blame the guy selling the programes than take any blame for a decade of ineptitude.

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/24/tactical-philosophy-thomas-tuchel/

From an article about the current Dortmund manager and how he operates:

"Throughout the last years, Tuchel has become a coach who is highly revered for a reason. Especially his pre-game preparation stands out. Using information gathered on the other teams by extensively watching video material, he regularly changes formations and details regarding group tactical set-ups. Moreover, this approach does not end when the referee blows the opening whistle. During the ninety minutes, Tuchel shows his inner Guardiola, effortlessly changing formations and individual positions taking the course of the game into account. Particularly the clashes with Bayern Munich unleashed Tuchel’s very best, as his teams carried the superior opponent to the limit on multiple occasions."

This is where football is at now and Wenger's "trust the players, never mind the opposition" philosophy is outdated. It might get you wins against the lesser teams in the league but at the highest level against better technical players and tactically astute managers, you're not going to win anything with it.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'm not against you, but if you're going to make an argument, make it current. We won 2 FA cups in the last 3 years. Wenger deserves a bit more credence than the hyperbole and vitriol served up here.

I want him to go, but if you are going to contribute to this debate, please be factual, and respectful to a great servant to our club!

Wengers has no respect for the fans. The guy gets paid 7 million a year and then blames the fans for HIS teams performance.

Respect is something thats earned . Its not something you dish out just cos someone has a title.
    And respect can be lost as easily as it can be earned. Wenger has lost all respect in my book .

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/07/24/tactical-philosophy-thomas-tuchel/

From an article about the current Dortmund manager and how he operates:

"Throughout the last years, Tuchel has become a coach who is highly revered for a reason. Especially his pre-game preparation stands out. Using information gathered on the other teams by extensively watching video material, he regularly changes formations and details regarding group tactical set-ups. Moreover, this approach does not end when the referee blows the opening whistle. During the ninety minutes, Tuchel shows his inner Guardiola, effortlessly changing formations and individual positions taking the course of the game into account. Particularly the clashes with Bayern Munich unleashed Tuchel’s very best, as his teams carried the superior opponent to the limit on multiple occasions."

This is where football is at now and Wenger's "trust the players, never mind the opposition" philosophy is outdated. It might get you wins against the lesser teams in the league but at the highest level against better technical players and tactically astute managers, you're not going to win anything with it.
    AGAIN.

I want AW out now, but PLEASE STOP. He has proven he can beat the "top teams" in the BPL this year and last. This is lazy and unjust comment!

AW is a top coach, but not top enough for our ambitions anymore!

Wengers has no respect for the fans. The guy gets paid 7 million a year and then blames the fans for HIS teams performance.

Respect is something thats earned . Its not something you dish out just cos someone has a title.
    And respect can be lost as easily as it can be earned. Wenger has lost all respect in my book .

Blames the fans? He didn't as far as I recall

Has he not earned respect??? Guffawww!!! Now you're really extrecting the urine!

He has lost respect in some of the more fickle folk, and fair play to you. I want him to go, but I'll pay all due respect to a legend of our club!

AGAIN.

I want AW out now, but PLEASE STOP. He has proven he can beat the "top teams" in the BPL this year and last. This is lazy and unjust comment!

AW is a top coach, but not top enough for our ambitions anymore!

His record against the top teams has improved in the last 2 years no doubt but the damage was already done after years of humilations like the 8-2. We became a laughing stock and are still considered soft and naive. Don't see what's lazy about my comment. I gave a example of a younger coach and how he analyses the opposition and adjusts his gameplans accordingly when needed, which Wenger showed again on Saturday that he incapable of doing. Do you think the likes of Guardiola would have let Andy bloody Carroll run riot like that? Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

pudzey101 wrote: »
    reading back through a few comments made me laugh :D do ye really think a new manager will win us silverware ?

signed cech .. world class
    monreal...consistent left back
    Bellerin... IMO best young RB around
    Krystian Bielik ... guy is looking like a machine at only 18 already
    coquelin... no words needed.
    elneny for 5m ... turning out to be great and will be given time
    ozil .... best in the league on his day
    sanchez... no words needed .

Could almost predict if we brought a new manager in for next year(whoever it may be) will almost 100% F##K things up .

We cant expect to win EVERY single game , and maybe should be doing better against some of the lower teams , Less pressure off Wenger , .... Who at the start of the season said Ranieri would be top with Leicester in Mid-April ??

Or we might actually win the league, who the hell knows but its something I would like to see. We need a change and have done for years now. Are you afraid of change and happy to settle for bottle jobs, failures and mangers messing with their zippers instead of tying to get the best out of their players

We should be winning nearly every game considering the team we have, to be 10 points behind Leicester and behind that lot isn't good enough and the fact he's still in the job shows how unambitious we are, you think he last at Munich or Barca if he performed like that. A complete joke at this stage.

His record against the top teams has improved in the last 2 years no doubt but the damage was already done after years of humilations like the 8-2. We became a laughing stock and are still considered soft and naive. Don't see what's lazy about my comment. I gave a example of a younger coach and how he analyses the opposition and adjusts his gameplans accordingly when needed, which Wenger showed again on Saturday that he incapable of doing. Do you think the likes of Guardiola would have let Andy bloody Carroll run riot like that? Not a chance.

So my comment was correct? Thanks!

Looper007 wrote: »
    Or we might actually win the league, who the hell knows but its something I would like to see. We need a change and have done for years now. Are you afraid of change and happy to settle for bottle jobs, failures and mangers messing with their zippers instead of tying to get the best out of their players

We should be winning nearly every game considering the team we have, to be 10 points behind Leicester and behind that lot isn't good enough and the fact he's still in the job shows how unambitious we are, you think he last at Munich or Barca if he performed like that. A complete joke at this stage.

Again, I want change... But if you're quoting his zipper difficulties, you're just a tabloid/red-top follower! Make your own mind up and stop with the hyperbole and type-set
    He and the club deserve more than that!

So my comment was correct? Thanks!

About proving he can beat the top teams this and last year? He beat City, United and Bayern at home this season, that's it as far as I can recall. Better than previous seasons I suppose when we were getting hammered by them all. Not much good beating the top teams though if you can't beat the likes of Swansea at home.

Agreed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Again, I want change... But if you're quoting his zipper difficulties, you're just a tabloid/red-top follower! Make your own mind up and stop with the hyperbole and type-set
    So instead of debating the argument, you decided to pick up on one throwaway comment in the middle of his argument. It sure looks from here you know you're wrong and you can't refute any of the rest of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Starting XI v Palace?

Wenger is very poor tactically. Someone mentioned he was a tactical genius on here.. thats rubbish .
    His overall record aginast the top teams in both Europe and the PL in the last 12 years is abysmal. The last 2 years are a blip, anyone who says Wengers great against top teams cos of recent results against Chelsea and Man U who both have their own issues, is just pathetic

And to prove how poor tactically he is , here is a list of our CL record. Have a look at the list of teams that knocked us out, not all heavy weights.
    When it comes to big games, particularily in Europe he is constantly being shown up.
    Even in his early career we were not standing up to mid-top flight European teams.
    And one can argue the reason we had to face 'great' teams in the knockout stages in the last few years is cos we struggled coming out of our group.

1996 BORUSSIA MONC. UEFA CUP IST ROUND
    1997 PAOK UEFA CUP 1ST ROUND
    1998 KO LENS GROUP STG
    1999 KO FIORENTINA GROUP STG
    2000 GALATASARY UEFA CUP FINAL LOST
    2001 Valencia QTR
    2002 Deportivo GROUP
    2003 VALENCIA/AJAX GROUP
    2004 KO BAYERN LAST 16
    2005 BARCA FINAL
    2006 PSV LAST 16
    2007 LIVERPOOL QTR
    2008 MAN UTD SEMI
    2009 BARCA QTR
    2010 BARCA LAST 16
    2011 MILAN LAST 16
    2012 BAYERN LAST 16
    2013 BAYERN LAST 16
    2014 MONACO LAST 16
    2015 BARCA LAST 16

Wenger lucked out when first arriving at Arsenal , he inherited a team with a defensive spine, he introduced European players into the PL, Arsenal were the first team to play a full 11 with no English player. At a time when he was facing post war British managers like Wilkinson with a team of English players he had a 70 % international team. Of course Arsenal thrived and fair play to Wenger for introducing those players and playing style.
    But the Pl has evolved and now all teams have alot of foreign players , and look to the continent for their managers and that has evenend out the playing field.

Wenger was a big fish in a predominantly British (managers and players) playing pool , now that the pool is full of managers and players from across the globe Wenger has been found out.

Ive seen it happening for years, you could see from team sheets, squad players he kept and the performance on big nights and big occasions even 10 years ago that Wenger just didnt have it. But its taken 10 years of this repeated tactical failing for some people to realise his faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

It's Arsenal Football club not Arsene Fc.

Oh stop it you don't want change you sound like a P.R for the board and Wenger. Wenger has got plenty of respect for years now its his time to stand up and say he can't handle it anymore and step aside. He's been disrespectful to fans all year long and his arrogance is there to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

This Is so tedious now, something needs to change In here or everyone will just lose Interest and not post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

This Is so tedious now, something needs to change In here or everyone will just lose Interest and not post at all.

Yep -this is my philosophy these days. Couldn't be bothered as it just always reverts back to a couple of people fighting among themselves

Looper007 wrote: »
    It's Arsenal Football club not Arsene Fc.

Oh stop it you don't want change you sound like a P.R for the board and Wenger. Wenger has got plenty of respect for years now its his time to stand up and say he can't handle it anymore and step aside. He's been disrespectful to fans all year long and his arrogance is there to see.

Give it up will ye? I know what I want and a sigmund wannabe isn't able to read my mind over the Internet!!! This place really is full of stirrers. Have a read if my latest posts! I'd put a "rolls eyes" emoticon in, but that's reserved for the Wenger haters.

I have great respect for the man, but it's time for change. He should be treated with respect though, I'm adamant about that!

Quazzie wrote: »
    So instead of debating the argument, you decided to pick up on one throwaway comment in the middle of his argument. It sure looks from here you know you're wrong and you can't refute any of the rest of it.

So why put the zipper thing in at all? It's just another stick to beat him with that the tabloids use. You do your argument no service at all. The rest has been debated to death on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Starting XI v Palace?

Id say there'll only be 1 or 2 changes from the weekend, Mert in for Gabriel and Cech in for Ospina.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It’s not really. Wenger’s record against the bigger sides is very poor in recent years. He may manage the occasional win but the bigger games are definitely a weak spot for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

1998 KO LENS GROUP STG
    1999 KO FIORENTINA GROUP STG
    2000 GALATASARY UEFA CUP FINAL LOST
    2001 Valencia QTR
    2002 Deportivo GROUP
    2003 VALENCIA/AJAX GROUP
    2004 KO BAYERN LAST 16
    2005 BARCA FINAL
    2006 PSV LAST 16
    2007 LIVERPOOL QTR
    2008 MAN UTD SEMI
    2009 BARCA QTR
    2010 BARCA LAST 16
    2011 MILAN LAST 16
    2012 BAYERN LAST 16
    2013 BAYERN LAST 16
    2014 MONACO LAST 16
    2015 BARCA LAST 16

1 Final (2 including UEFA Cup)
    1 Semi
    3 Quarters
    8 Last 16
    5 Group Stage (4 excluding UEFA Cup)

Am i the only one that thinks for a team that have never won a European cup in their history, that's a phenomenal record.

L'prof wrote: »
    1 Final (2 including UEFA Cup)
    1 Semi
    3 Quarters
    8 Last 16
    5 Group Stage (4 excluding UEFA Cup)

Am i the only one that thinks for a team that have never won a European cup in their history, that's a phenomenal record.

Yes Prof, I would say you are the only one here who thinks Arsenal have never won a European cup in their history :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Starting XI v Palace?

I thought Welbeck was poor against West Ham and that Giroud deserves to start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

It's all so depressing.

Even if Wenger signs a load of players I don't think he could deliver a title. Particularly as City, Chelsea, Utd, pool and Spurs will all be stronger.

It's not like when he was winning titles and there was really only Utd to better. I just can't see him topping all of the above teams next season.

This season has turned into an absolute nightmare. At least the last few years we had FA cup glory and big signings which gave us real hope for the future. Sadly now Wenger has been utterly exposed. He can't even fall back on the money excuse.

The embarrassment of Leicester winning the title will be nothing compared to the wrath he and the club will receive IF Spurs were to somehow catch Leicester. It could still happen.

There is absolutely nothing for me right now that will interest me when it comes to Arsenal. Even a big summer transfer window won't excite me as with Wenger in charge I know what will happen next season. This was the year. We blew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

In fairness it's not exclusive to here, apparently this split is worldwide and amongst the match day fan base too. Its no worse than the bickering that happens in the Man Utd and Liverpool threads on a daily basis IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

The 21 years pre Wenger here are our final league positions.

17th, 8th, 5th, 7th, 4th 3rd, 4th, 10th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 4th, 6th, 1st, 4th, 1st, 4th, 10th, 4th, 12th, 5th.

Below is Wengers record

3rd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd,

Not to mention 5 FA cups and the "invincible's" season

I think that's a remarkable record considering we simultaneously financed one of the best stadiums in the world and had to compete with clubs that had the benefit of massive financial doping. The reason Arsenal are the powerful club they are today is because of Arsene Wenger.
    Some people have very short memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

17th, 8th, 5th, 7th, 4th 3rd, 4th, 10th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 4th, 6th, 1st, 4th, 1st, 4th, 10th, 4th, 12th, 5th.

Below is Wengers record

3rd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd,

I think that's a remarkable record considering we simultaneously financed one of the best stadiums in the world and had to compete with clubs that had the benefit of massive financial doping. The reason Arsenal are the powerful club they are today is because of Arsene Wenger.

I don't!

I'd just love us to have the potential to be a bolter. Like Liverpool with Suarez or when they won the CL.

They've had more failures but more successes than us in the last decade.

I just want to see Arsenal do better than we have been.

It's hard to support a team when they do exactly the same every year. There's no hope in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think we all agree he has done wonders for the club. The point is that now is the time to hand the reigns over to someone a bit more modern and who can push us onto the next level.
    Pointing out the finishing league positions back in the 80's and 90's has little relevance to whats going on today, unless we've all morphed into Liverpool fans

Below is Wengers record

very selctive how you presented those numbers..

1. You left off 2 League Cups, 2 FA Cups and a European Cup Winners Cup in the list for the 21 years before Wenger.

Or if you just took it for a 10 years period which is a lifetime in modern management
    The 10 years pre Wenger heres our record
    4th, 6th, 1st, 4th, 1st, 4th, 10th, 4th, 12th, 5th.
    1 FA Cups
    2 League Cups
    European Cup Winners Cup

Below is Wengers record for the last 10 years
    4th, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd,
    3 FA Cups

Luckily some of us actually have a very long memory and can remember the great occasions before Wenger arrived.

Was a time when 'Powerful Club' meant a club competed at the top table and put a fear into other top teams when they came to face them plus 'powerful club' meant they were regularly tasting silverware.

I guess now it just means you have a fancy stadium , are the 7th richest turnover of any club in the world and have a higher match day revenue than Barcelona. Thats what floats some supporters boat.

Personally always been a football supporter and Im not impressed iwth balance sheets. Its called The Beautfiul Game... not The Beautfiul Balance Sheet.

• Advertisement

I guess now it just means you have a fancy stadium , are the 7th richest turnover of any club in the world and have a higher match day revenue than Barcelona. Thats what floats some supporters boat.

The scary thing is I think you actually believe what you wrote there.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The scary thing is I think you actually believe what you wrote there.

Sure I do whats not to believe.

Heres another thing I believe,
    Unlike some teams (sports teams) Arsenal cant just rock into town and get away with being offside constantly, be guaranteed not to have any penalties given against time in important matches like a final when they are under pressure, or even get to retake penalty kicks that they have missed. :D:D

Yes Prof, I would say you are the only one here who thinks Arsenal have never won a European cup in their history :rolleyes:

They won the league cup of European cups, they haven't won The European Cup that we were talkin about! :rolleyes: Here's another one for good measure :rolleyes:

Was the Inter-Cities fairs cup the old Europa League or something different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Below is Wengers record

It's six FA cups. Most of any manager ever.

Unfortunately these games don't count anymore, unless you lose at home to Watford, in which case you should be fired.

Tough gig, I know.

L'prof wrote: »
    They won the league cup of European cups, they haven't won The European Cup that we were talkin about! :rolleyes: Here's another one for good measure :rolleyes:

Was the Inter-Cities fairs cup the old Europa League or something different?

why didnt you say that so..
    first you said ... a European cup..
    now your talking about The European Cup. Whats The European Cup.. is that the old European Cup, or are you talking about what we call The Champions League. Or are you referring to the Rugby European Cup or something ....

make up your mind prof..

Childish

• Advertisement

I see Man U have brought Fellaini back into the side for their FA Cup replay with West Ham tonight. Wonder who he will pick up at set pieces.

Who ever heard of a manager making a tactical decision to counteract the aerial threat of West Hams front man.. daft carry on. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

gosplan wrote: »
    I don't!

I'd just love us to have the potential to be a bolter. Like Liverpool with Suarez or when they won the CL.

They've had more failures but more successes than us in the last decade.

I just want to see Arsenal do better than we have been.

It's hard to support a team when they do exactly the same every year. There's no hope in it.

WHAT! Liverpool more successes than us in the past decade. They've won 1 FA cup and have only finished ahead of us once in the league. They haven't won a title for 26 years and you want us to be more like them. They are a joke.

The whole argument boils down to whether Wenger is past it or not. I think he's well past it. As the famous banner said "thanks for the memories Arsene but it's time to go".

We have become the butt of peoples jokes.
    Man U 2-0 up to West Ham and the Man U posters are coming up with

"Important we don't arsenal'd it up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We have become the butt of peoples jokes.
    Man U 2-0 up to West Ham and the Man U posters are coming up with

"Important we don't arsenal'd it up"

Mate get a grip.
    Pretty much every team is the source of a joke at some point.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement