Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Title is gone now...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Title is gone now...

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

And this is us playing with no real pressure ffs.

Lucky we didn't still have a chance as this would have been a nightmare result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Haha we really are a poor team. Like proper poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

More dog shyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Average as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

The club as it is right now is a complete embarrassment. That's how I feel about it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Wasn't sure if the fans were saying come on arsenal or same old arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I look at Arsenes stupid iratating face and I just feel anger and dislike.

Destroying our club

I once hoped he'd leave before it got to this and he could walk away but he is too stubborn a fool.

I can't wait until he goes I'll have two bottles of red wine that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Cech should have saved the goal,but we were bad in the final 3rd,Bellerin had a dozen chances to pick the right pass and hit the defender everytime

Result has no real meaning just playing out the last few games

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Haha we really are a poor team. Like proper poor.

That wasn't bad. We didn't play well but played professionally. Totally kept them at arm's length. Not a sniff and then a speculative shot from way out and a howler by Cech.

That should be a routine home win. Huge mistake by Cech.

A thoroughly pathetic performance. Shambolic. The club is a fcuking joke. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Shocking game really. It's been a shambles of a season. No ****ing harm if it just ended right now and save us the embarrassment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ozil, Koscielny, Cazorla, Coquelin, Cech, Monreal.
    Keep.

Any of the rest leaves, I really couldn't care and could only see it as a positive move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

gosplan wrote: »
    That wasn't bad. We didn't play well but played professionally. Totally kept them at arm's length. Not a sniff and then a speculative shot from way out and a howler by Cech.

That should be a routine home win. Huge mistake by Cech.

It was terrible. Toothless is attack. And vulnerable in defence. It's shocking.

Wenger has ruined his legacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Quazzie wrote: »
    Keep.

Any of the rest leaves, I really couldn't care and could only see it as a positive move.

Think you need to calm down

Soups123 wrote: »
    I look at Arsenes stupid iratating face and I just feel anger and dislike.

Destroying our club

I once hoped he'd leave before it got to this and he could walk away but he is too stubborn a fool.

I can't wait until he goes I'll have two bottles of red wine that night.

I think Arsne should shoulder a huge amount of the blame for many things those season and he should be thinking seriously about resigning.

But today wasn't on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Result has no real meaning just playing out the last few games

I know many here dont care but I still want to be in the champions league next year so today was far from meaningless. Only 4 points ahead of Utd with 5 to play is skating on thin ice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Woo-hoo, at least another season of this utter, utter shyte to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Keep.

Don't be ridiculous. Sanchez? Not playing especially well but he would be a devastating loss. Bellerin, Barcelona will want him in a few years. No, lets just get rid of him.

• Advertisement

I think Arsne should shoulder a huge amount of the blame for many things those season and he should be thinking seriously about resigning.

But today wasn't on him.

Today is all him he has brought us here, he has built this shambles of a team and year after year gets nothing out of them

Giving him a free pass for a day like today is what too many do

wonga77 wrote: »
    I know many here dont care but I still want to be in the champions league next year so today was far from meaningless. Only 4 points ahead of Utd with 5 to play is skating on thin ice

I think the only way to get through to that thick board is to take a hit in the pocket at this stage. Were rubbish in Europe anyway

JustTheOne wrote: »
    It was terrible. Toothless is attack. And vulnerable in defence. It's shocking.

Wenger has ruined his legacy.

We could have been better in attack but defensively we were grand. Not like last week at all tbh. No big chances for Palace.

We didn't bomb forward leaving huge gaps.

We didn't take risks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Did hennessey even have a proper save to make? I honestly can't remember. 72% possession but nothing done with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Sanchez getting a bit of a slating from a few here - crazy talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Don't be ridiculous. Sanchez? Not playing especially well but he would be a devastating loss. Bellerin, Barcelona will want him in a few years. No, lets just get rid of him.
    Sanchez, is showing the exact reasons why Barcelona got rid of him. He can't hold possession and is terribly one dimensional. He is so easy to defend against. Bellerin had a good run of games (4/5??) about half a season ago and he hasn't been anywhere near that form since. Looking at current evidence, it would suggest that the run of form was out of character and influenced heavily by other factors and the current level he is playing is the norm. If that's the case then Debuchy is as good, or better. There is no one outside the ones I've named who couldn't be replaced by better players brought in. Obviously I'm not saying sell everyone, but I am saying I'd be accepting any good offer.

Staring to dislike Wenger now, never thought I'd see the day.

Anyway he said to judge him at the end of the season. 4 games left but my report is already written.

Today is all him he has brought us here, he has built this shambles of a team and year after year gets nothing out of them

Giving him a free pass for a day like today is what too many do

No, you have to keep perspective. If any and every dropped point is all down to Wenger, then you're not respecting the opposition or the reality of sport.

Last week was ridiculous

Swansea was ridiculous

Today was bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Arsene wenger just leave please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

If we finish outside top 4 will Wenger get the sack?

He is everything that's wrong with the club, overpaid, indulged and not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

He will never get the sack.

Nope you don't sack yourself and that's how it works at this club

No, you have to keep perspective. If any and every dropped point is all down to Wenger, then you're not respecting the opposition or the reality of sport.

Last week was ridiculous

Swansea was ridiculous

Today was bad luck

Today was bad luck. I'm almost afraid to ask but you are joking?

• Advertisement

Nope you don't sack yourself and that's how it works at this club

If we got relegated he still wouldn't be sacked

Keep.

Id include Ramsey and Sanchez in that and remove Coquelin. Very good squad player but easily improved upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Last week was ridiculous

Swansea was ridiculous

Today was bad luck

Arsenal seem to go hand in hand with bad luck dont they

omega man wrote: »
    Today was bad luck. I'm almost afraid to ask but you are joking?

No.

We restricted them to virtually no chances and covered our defenders well.

Different to last week. They weren't in the game and we weren't going to take silly risks.

Then Cech lets a 35 yard bouncer in.

West Ham caused us huge problems. Palace caused us none

No.

We restricted them to virtually no chances and covered our defenders well.

Different to last week. They weren't in the game and we weren't going to take silly risks.

Then Cech lets a 35 yard bouncer in.

West Ham caused us huge problems. Palace caused us none

Disagree. Wasnt bad luck, just incompetence.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Disagree. Wasnt bad luck, just incompetence.

From Cech.

But he's good so I'm putting it down as unfortunate.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Arsenal seem to go hand in hand with bad luck dont they

No. In general we deserve what we get.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

It'd be bordering on hilarious if the year we're all set to go on to finally win the title - one that none of our "title rivals" are contesting - ends with us finishing fifth.

x PyRo wrote: »
    It'd be bordering on hilarious if the year we're all set to go on to finally win the title - one that none of our "title rivals" are contesting - ends with us finishing fifth.

It really says so much about the culture at the club.

We accept less than the best so often that we just can't see ourselves as winners.

Doesn't matter if it's Leicester and Spurs or Utd and City or Chelsea and Pool.

Other teams finish ahead of us because that's what we do at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Guess who screwed up my 7 team accumulator today? Yep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If I can give a quick observation...

There is little problem with the quality of the team, mostly. The issue is the lack of urgency.

The only player who looked at 1-0 to be driving the game forward was Sanchez, and at 1-1, it was the same. Iwobi has it too in spurts.

There's just nobody (bar Sanchez) who will run at a defence and make it happen. No urgency. No desperation to get a result.

There is a rut. And it's been there a long time. Everything is too comfortable. And that's because there is no pressure on the manager, and no comeuppance if he gets it wrong.

Even though it's another failure, the manager will be there next season, and will basically get to choose when he leaves. That's not healthy. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Coquelin at fault for the goal also, should never have allowed Bolaise (?) to get the shot off.
    Coquelin panics and sits too deep ontop of the back 4 who end up been prevented from seeing the play develop cos Coq is so deep. Plus Coquelin lunges in too much, he is quite a small mid-fielder so has a preference to do that. Anyone remember his red card last month, same problem lunging in. It looks great in the middle of the park, like hes a demon tackler but on the edge of the 18 yard box its letting the attacker feint a shot and then get a yard of space to shoot.
    Alot of goals this season you will see Coqueling doing nothing just caught in a no mans land between the shooter and in front of a central defender.
    And the slip thru ball Coquelin messed up to Sanchez was atrocious in the first half, you could see Sanchez frustration , a 3 yard pass, Coquelin overhit otherwise Sanches was in on goal.

Arsenal wont win a major trophy like the PL or CL with Coquelin as the main defensive midfielder.
    The modern European games needs a defensive mid-fielder who can play a weighted 3 yard forward pass , and doesnt just run around the middle lunging in.

Other than that it was nice of the TV producer to show so many shots of the Arsenal pensioners sitting on the sideline watching the match.

Pathetic.

Coquelin at fault for the goal also, should never have allowed Bolaise (?) to get the shot off.
    Coquelin panics and sits too deep ontop of the back 4 who end up been prevented from seeing the play develop cos Coq is so deep. Plus Coquelin lunges in too much, he is quite a small mid-fielder so has a preference to do that. Anyone remember his red card last month, same problem lunging in. It looks great in the middle of the park, like hes a demon tackler but on the edge of the 18 yard box its letting the attacker feint a shot and then get a yard of space to shoot.
    Alot of goals this season you will see Coqueling doing nothing just caught in a no mans land between the shooter and in front of a central defender.
    And the slip thru ball Coquelin messed up to Sanchez was atrocious in the first half, you could see Sanchez frustration , a 3 yard pass, Coquelin overhit otherwise Sanches was in on goal.

Arsenal wont win a major trophy like the PL or CL with Coquelin as the main defensive midfielder.
    The modern European games needs a defensive mid-fielder who can play a weighted 3 yard forward pass , and doesnt just run around the middle lunging in.

Other than that it was nice of the TV producer to show so many shots of the Arsenal pensioners sitting on the sideline watching the match.

Excellent post man. Coquelin is good enough to chase top four but elite teams have ball playing holding midfielders. His technique is average and not nearly good enough to start for us.

SlickRic wrote: »
    If I can give a quick observation...

There is little problem with the quality of the team, mostly. The issue is the lack of urgency.

The only player who looked at 1-0 to be driving the game forward was Sanchez, and at 1-1, it was the same. Iwobi has it too in spurts.

There's just nobody (bar Sanchez) who will run at a defence and make it happen. No urgency. No desperation to get a result.

There is a rut. And it's been there a long time. Everything is too comfortable. And that's because there is no pressure on the manager, and no comeuppance if he gets it wrong.

Even though it's another failure, the manager will be there next season, and will basically get to choose when he leaves. That's not healthy. At all.

Wilshere brings it to a certain extent as well.

At the end of the day, we had over 20 'attempts' on goal, but I can't remember the keeper being troubled.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement