Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm not happy for another season like this one. Just because I don't constantly moan, doesn't mean that I'm happy.
    If we will be about the same or worse, then I'll stick.

Sorry, you seem to be implying that you're happy to stick with Wenger if we are going to be the same next season. Did I misread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

keano_afc wrote: »
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. No point putting it up to Bayern and Barca once a season if you're going to make Monaco look like 1970 Brazil.

They're his players, and its up to him to make them better. If he cant do that, they should be sold. Lets face it, its not just this season that Walcott and Giroud have been pish. Giroud is a fine player, but he's one dimensional and you wont win a league with him leading your line. Wenger has had ample time to being in an alternative/replacement. The less said about Walcott the better. Sanchez is suffering because he's all we have. He's been overplayed and got injured as a result.

If a player is that important to the team you dont leave yourself short if he picks up an injury. We brought in no outfield players last summer. Did Wenger sit down at any point and think "what do I do if Cazorla gets hurt?" Not signing an outfield player last summer will go down as the biggest mistake of his managerial career, in my opinion.

You're asking a guy who gave Abou Diaby contract after contract to be ruthless with the squad. A guy who got injured kicking a football.

Again, its admirable to stand by him. But he's had chance after chance. I want Arsenal competing again. A team with our resources should not be out of a title race led by Leicester and Spurs. We can only get there with a change in management.
    I want Wenger gone but can we stick to the truth please? Diaby got a long term contract THEN got his mad spell of injuries.

Sorry, you seem to be implying that you're happy to stick with Wenger if we are going to be the same next season. Did I misread?

Yes, to explain what I said so that you may understand. I don't want change if it means being worse. I'm not happy with where we are, so I'd be even less happy with being worse. Crazy, huh?

Yes, to explain what I said so that you may understand. I don't want change if it means being worse. I'm not happy with where we are, so I'd be even less happy with being worse. Crazy, huh?

But you said if we were going to be the same, you'd stick with Wenger. That reads to me that you're happy to keep Wenger if next year means another underwhelming season.

If thats not the case, what did you mean by "if we're the same I'd stick"?

But you said if we were going to be the same, you'd stick with Wenger. That reads to me that you're happy to keep Wenger if next year means another underwhelming season.

If thats not the case, what did you mean by "if we're the same I'd stick"?

Because I don't think we will do as badly next year with Wenger....therefore if we perform about the same with another manager, then it is worse than what I think Wenger will do. Understand?

Because I don't think we will do as badly next year with Wenger....therefore if we perform about the same with another manager, then it is worse than what I think Wenger will do. Understand?

No, not really. Saying "if we're the same I'd stick" intimates to me that another season like this one is perfectly fine for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fear of change is normal but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go for it. I'd rather try it and fail than stick with the same medriocrity.

No, not really. Saying "if we're the same I'd stick" intimates to me that another season like this one is perfectly fine for you.

Well thank god I've clarified that for you.

Well thank god I've clarified that for you.

Clear as mud mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It Is that clear cut and easy, problem Is the club doesn't want him gone, the men with the money and power have no Interest In winning anything or improving our teams performance on the pitch. As long as Wenger Is keeping the books In good order that's all that matters. I thought this was discussed at length on a regular basis?

If you want something new and revelatory, I don't think this is the best place to find it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Story in the Times today about Ozil and Sanchez being difficult with regard to contract negotiations.

it's ideal actually. They both have 2 years left so if they don't sign this summer we have one year to convince them.

Whatever way you look at it I think the next year will be a big one in terms of Arsenal's future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

gosplan wrote: »
    Story in the Times today about Ozil and Sanchez being difficult with regard to contract negotiations.

it's ideal actually. They both have 2 years left so if they don't sign this summer we have one year to convince them.

Whatever way you look at it I think the next year will be a big one in terms of Arsenal's future.
    Contracts mean jack shít these days unfortunately. If either one of those wants out of Arsenal they'll leave. But I don't think they will.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Contracts mean jack shít these days unfortunately. If either one of those wants out of Arsenal they'll leave. But I don't think they will.

No but I think it's up to Arsenal to convince them to stay.

Hopefully they'll need more than a bit of talk and a slight pay rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Ive learened alot the last few days about the posters on here.

Its clear some posters on here are 'Hobby Arsenal' fans , happy to be able to wind up their friends (Man U, Pool fans) in work about Arsenal being in the CL. Happy to look at a shiny stadium and have the odd big star wearing an Arsenal shirt.
    Happy to not be as good as Chelsea or Man U in the PL, but happy to be better than Everton and Stoke year in year out.
    Happy to not be as good as Athletico, Porto or inter Milan in the CL, but happy to be better than the likes of Zenit, Lyon, etc year in year out.

The you have hard core Arsenal fans who want the team to be progressing , who dont see success as just filling the gap on a Wed night in winter when theres nothing else on TV.

Thats okay , some people are afraid of change and some people are not.
    Sure theres an old fella in an anorak i know and he is so afraid of change he has gone years and years without any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Trying too hard, getting tiresome now.

Its clear some posters on here are 'Hobby Arsenal' fans , happy to be able to wind up their friends (Man U, Pool fans) in work about Arsenal being in the CL. Happy to look at a shiny stadium and have the odd big star wearing an Arsenal shirt.
    Happy to not be as good as Chelsea or Man U in the PL, but happy to be better than Everton and Stoke year in year out.
    Happy to not be as good as Athletico, Porto or inter Milan in the CL, but happy to be better than the likes of Zenit, Lyon, etc year in year out.

The you have hard core Arsenal fans who want the team to be progressing , who dont see success as just filling the gap on a Wed night in winter when theres nothing else on TV.

Sure theres an old fella in an anorak i know and he is so afraid of change he has gone years and years without any.

Seriously, where do you come up with this dribble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Seriously, where do you come up with this dribble?

says the man who came up with this classic ...

Wenger will have won another PL , before any one can figure out what that means.

says the man who came up with this classic ...

Wenger will have won another PL , before any one can figure out what that means.

Just stick to being 'hardcore', man. You've got a gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What the hell is actually going on in here recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Wenger sacked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Well this season hasn't been ideal eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

So which one are you pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So which one are you pal?

Hardcore don't you know

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Hardcore don't you know

Thanks just needed that clarified

greendom wrote: »
    We're in April and players have been playing for 9 months solid. I have no issue with players having s day off.

Can you imagine the headlines had the opposite had happened.

"Ozil injury following intense training schedule"

I think Wenger has entered the period of his career where damned if you do, damned if you don't is in full effect.

Winning would give him more deserves slack.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Next thing it'll be Wenger's fault other teams are failing.

Bit like Stoke yesterday.

What do you put our home record against London teams this year down to?

Unhinged, that's the word.

Or just deluded.

There is me, the 'hardcore fan'.

Everyone else is happy just plodding along. I see the truth!

Falling+Down+2.jpg.cf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Can anyone tell me why ozil and sanchez would want to stay at arsenal?

It's becoming clearer why cole, nasri, ade, van persie, Henry, fabregas all left to me.

I don't hate them like I used to. They just wanted to win titles and that they did once they left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Is an outdated manager to easy an answer!?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why ozil and sanchez would want to stay at arsenal?

It's becoming clearer why cole, nasri, ade, van persie, Henry, fabregas all left to me.

I don't hate them like I used to. They just wanted to win titles and that they did once they left.

Yup. We need to change the script and give them a reason to stay.

I'm even viewing Gallas' sit down as not that bad now. He was like ColonialBoy with the inside track to it years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

So how about that third place then...

Come on Newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tickets going on general sale for the West Brom game such is the lack of interest. Says a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, while I'm far from happy with this season as a whole, I will say that at least Spurs and West Ham are pretty good this season.

We acted like pr*cks against Chelsea, to be fair, and should have beaten Palace (but didn't I know, I know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Tickets going on general sale for the West Brom game such is the lack of interest. Says a lot.

Not shocking at all, if the players and manager don't give a crap why should the fans. I doubt the board will care as they already got the money. I'm sure it will hurt Wenger, but he's been asking for this for years with his arrogance and lack of transfers. Some of our star players will be questioning is this the right club for them but I think a lot of them have already signed out for this season.

I really wonder what that team celebration at the end of the last home game of the season will be like, I reckon some tourists and pro Wenger lot will stick around but I reckon it be like a ghost town.

Wilshere, Coq, Arteta.

Ramsey, Elneny, Flamini .

Ozil, Carzola, Rosicky.

Which three make your midfield? I know different combinations for different styles and gameplans etc but just generally speaking If you had to pick 3 who would you pick and If you were to buy a CDM who would It be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I would go with

Elneny/Coq

Ramsey/Wilshere Cazorla/Rosicky?

Ozil Sanchez

welbz/Giroud

I would go with

Elneny/Coq

Ramsey/Wilshere Cazorla/Rosicky?

Ozil Sanchez

welbz/Giroud

I am so painfully confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wilshere, Coq, Arteta.

Ramsey, Elneny, Flamini .

Ozil, Carzola, Rosicky.

Which three make your midfield? I know different combinations for different styles and gameplans etc but just generally speaking If you had to pick 3 who would you pick and If you were to buy a CDM who would It be?

Ozil is a given.

From there, depends on the match and fitness of the players. One or both of Coquelin/Elneny, if not both then put Wilshere or Cazorla beside one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I am so painfully confused.

:) here's the midfield three

Elneny

Ramsey Cazorla

and top three

Ozil Sanchez

Welbz...

I think we have a decent midfield but by playing Ozil in their we're disrupting the balance as Ozil doesn't stick there. I would move him up, along with Sanchez he would have a free role. But if there's a midfielder available would like a ball player similar to Cazorla...but our top priority has to be a striker...and feckin change our playing style to be more direct...have become sick of this "you pass to me" I pass to you" style.

:) here's the midfield three

Elneny

Ramsey Cazorla

and top three

Ozil Sanchez

Welbz...

I think we have a decent midfield but by playing Ozil in their we're disrupting the balance as Ozil doesn't stick there. I would move him up, along with Sanchez he would have a free role. But if there's a midfielder available would like a ball player similar to Cazorla...but our top priority has to be a striker...and feckin change our playing style to be more direct...have become sick of this "you pass to me" I pass to you" style.

I understand what you mean about Ozil not sticking but I think he's wasted on the wing, we need width and fast wingers who are actually wingers. So sick of seeing Ramsey and Co on the wings where they don't belong or guys who could be called wingers but just don't cut It like the Ox.

Ozil has to stay for me and while I think Cazorla would be a better fit there Ozil Is just too good not to play. I'd love to see Elneny and Wilshere together In the middle, something about that pairing just seems right.

Wenger saying today that he has no intention of stepping down this season.
    Looks like we're in for another year of dross. I didn't really expect him to go anyway.

I understand what you mean about Ozil not sticking but I think he's wasted on the wing, we need width and fast wingers who are actually wingers. So sick of seeing Ramsey and Co on the wings where they don't belong or guys who could be called wingers but just don't cut It like the Ox.

I think if he had any sort of end product the Ox would be a quality winger. He's great at beating his man and gets into great areas but he couldn't finish his dinner and he's a woeful crosser and generally has no vision.

I think if he had any sort of end product the Ox would be a quality winger. He's great at beating his man and gets into great areas but he couldn't finish his dinner and he's a woeful crosser and generally has no vision.

Agreed, reminds me of most of our players :pac:

Ozil has to stay for me and while I think Cazorla would be a better fit there Ozil Is just too good not to play. I'd love to see Elneny and Wilshere together In the middle, something about that pairing just seems right.

Ozil

One of Wilshire/Caz behind

One of Elneny/Coq behind them

Can't see an obvious fit for Ramsey right now.

gosplan wrote: »
    Ozil

One of Wilshire/Caz behind

One of Elneny/Coq behind them

Can't see an obvious fit for Ramsey right now.

Would you have Wilshere starting if everyone was fit?

Would you have Wilshere starting if everyone was fit?

I don't really know what a fit Wilshire is like.

At the moment I'd have Caz but I think a player that can get out if a tough space and drive forward past a player is great for us.

Elneny's been good but it's all been fairly one dimensional.

Caz creates a huge amount of space for others. Wilshire could do that if he ever got his **** together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

After how this season has turned out I've finally accepted the fact that Wenger needs to move on. But reading this makes me so sad that he does. For gods sake lads give him the respect he deserves when he does go: http://arseblog.com/2016/04/when/

• Advertisement

Jaafa wrote: »
    After how this season has turned out I've finally accepted the fact that Wenger needs to move on. But reading this makes me so sad that he does. For gods sake lads give him the respect he deserves when he does go: http://arseblog.com/2016/04/when/

Hopefully but he's fast running out of respect with the fans. Expect loads of empty seats tomorrow night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement