Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Yikes really need a win, United on a rich vein of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jaafa wrote: »
    After how this season has turned out I've finally accepted the fact that Wenger needs to move on. But reading this makes me so sad that he does. For gods sake lads give him the respect he deserves when he does go: http://arseblog.com/2016/04/when/

Just tonight, my 8 year old son came to me excited because he traded for the Arsene Wenger Match Attacks (Topps) card. He asked me about him because he hasn't really taken to football (yet). I told him that Wenger was Arsenal's manager, and I left it that, because I didn't feel he deserved anything more said. That feeling was brought on by my current feelings about Wenger. I hate that his stubborness and unwillingness (inability?) to change is costing us title(s). This year was the year for us, and he screwed us over. I hate him for that.

After reading that article though, I'm ashamed of myself. Arsene Wenger, despite his current standings in my heart, is still the greatest manager to ever grace our club, and we have had some great ones down the years. He deserves more than just a curt and glib response, and tomorrow I'm gonna go through that article with my son, and show him all the clips, and explain how special it all was. Then I'll explain how it was all down to one man. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

mansize wrote: »
    Yikes really need a win, United on a rich vein of form

Not really bothered about top 4, I'm that annoyed with the whole set up. The way this season has gone we'll finish 4th with city 5th but winning the CL and pool the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't forget to tell him that he's the highest paid manager in the EPl (7m a year) and is not delivering too.
    We must keep our perspective.

Don't forget to tell him that he's the highest paid manager in the EPl (7m a year) and is not delivering too.
    We must keep our perspective.

I'm probably the first on here to want him out You can search my history to prove that if you like.

None of it changes the past though and the fact that this man has brought us years of enjoyment with this club. Some of us were here before Wenger. I myself started supporting the club when George Graham was at the helm. Some were here long before that, yourself Tayto included. For a few though their only memories of Arsenal, are of days of glory and passion provided by Monsieur Wenger. We can't deny him that, and neither should we. We can be as critical of his current status in the club, and a lot of other things beside, but lets not allow us to forget the glory, passion and love that he created for the club in so many fans for years and years over. Let's not allow his current failings rewrite the past.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm probably the first on here to want him out You can search my history to prove that if you like.

None of it changes the past though and the fact that this man has brought us years of enjoyment with this club. Some of us were here before Wenger. I myself started supporting the club when George Graham was at the helm. Some were here long before that, yourself Tayto included. For a few though there only memories of Arsenal, are of days of glory and passion provided by Monsieur Wenger. We can't him that, and neither should we. We can be as critical of his current status in the club, and a lot of other things beside, but lets not allow us to forget the glory, passion and love that he created for the club in so many fans for years and years over. Let's not allow his current failings rewrite the past.

Ah i'm only messing really. He was great and fair play to him for that. Unfortunately he has become institutionalised and has lost his mojo. He should have gone a few years ago. Now he is only ruining his own legacy.

He is the club's most successful manager.

He is the club's most successful manager.

Yes. He's there a lot longer than George Graham was.

Yes. He's there a lot longer than George Graham was.

Yep, didn't break the rules like George,

Yep, didn't break the rules like George,

Didn't really matter to the fans though. "one nil to the Arsenal".:D

• Advertisement

Didn't really matter to the fans though. "one nil to the Arsenal".:D

His football was awful. Who needs a midfield?

His football was awful. Who needs a midfield?

I was a defender. I loved it. " give the ball to Georgie Armstrong on the wing".

I was a defender. I loved it. " give the ball to Georgie Armstrong on the wing".

So you loved the old offiside trap trick??? Good times!

Luckily his permanent successor signed our best ever player!

So you loved the old offiside trap trick??? Good times!

Luckily his permanent successor signed our best ever player!

There would be a big debate over who was our best ever player i'd say.
    For me it was Bergkamp who was signed by Bruce Rioch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just tonight, my 8 year old son came to me excited because he traded for the Arsene Wenger Match Attacks (Topps) card. He asked me about him because he hasn't really taken to football (yet). I told him that Wenger was Arsenal's manager, and I left it that, because I didn't feel he deserved anything more said. That feeling was brought on by my current feelings about Wenger. I hate that his stubborness and unwillingness (inability?) to change is costing us title(s). This year was the year for us, and he screwed us over. I hate him for that.

After reading that article though, I'm ashamed of myself. Arsene Wenger, despite his current standings in my heart, is still the greatest manager to ever grace our club, and we have had some great ones down the years. He deserves more than just a curt and glib response, and tomorrow I'm gonna go through that article with my son, and show him all the clips, and explain how special it all was. Then I'll explain how it was all down to one man. :o

It's a bit like the add on TV about the car crash 'don't lose a lifetime looking back'

We've lost enough seasons now with Wenger looking back at past glories, it's time to go end of

So we agree on something!

So we agree on something!

I'd say we agree on a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ray Parlour, for me.

Well, not really, but i'd give my right arm to have him in the team this season.

Dennis or Henry for me. Probably Dennis. No, wait, Henry. No, wait...

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ray Parlour, for me.

Well, not really, but i'd give my right arm to have him in the team this season.

Henry's sulk prior to Barca move tarnishes it for me

Ray Parlour, for me.

I don't think a lot of those players (Parlour) would make it in the current BPL

very mediocre English players with no international pedigree

• Advertisement

Henry's sulk prior to Barca move tarnishes it for me

The one on one he missed in the CL final...aaargh, jesus...

Then of course Dennis missing a peno against United in 99...ugh i feel sick thinking about how different it could all be...

Why am i thinking about this??

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's a bit like the add on TV about the car crash 'don't lose a lifetime looking back'

We've lost enough seasons now with Wenger looking back at past glories, it's time to go end of

/grabs guitar...

I don't think a lot of those players (Parlour) would make it in the current BPL

very mediocre English players with no international pedigree

He didn't have international pedigree, but he did have studs. Ask any of his opponents.

The one on one he missed in the CL final...aaargh, jesus...

Then of course Dennis missing a peno against United in 99...ugh i feel sick thinking about how different it could all be...

Why am i thinking about this??

Never mind the English players. Liam Brady, one of our own, was up there with the best.

He didn't have international pedigree, but he did have studs. Ask any of his opponents.

It would be like Flamini - doesn't work nowadays- he'd be always suspended if he could catch up to them!!!

Never mind the English players. Liam Brady, one of our own, was up there with the best.

I was in nappies at that time

It would be like Flamini - doesn't work nowadays- he'd be always suspended if he could catch up to them!!!

Ah, here!

He was better than Flamini in every aspect of the game!

D'ya see what you started now Quazzie?? :pac::pac:

Ah, here!

He was better than Flamini in every aspect of the game!

It's only Ray Parlour...

• Advertisement

D'ya see what you started now Quazzie?? :pac::pac:

Let us all join hands and remember the glory days

*kumbaya me lord, kumbaya*

Let us all join hands and remember the glory days

*kumbaya me lord, kumbaya*

Remember '98!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Remember '98!

Ah '98, when i got accused of only being an arsenal fan because they were winning stuff.

Noo wrote: »
    Ah '98, when i got accused of only being an arsenal fan because they were winning stuff.

Ah, it's a while since anybody asked me how long I've been an Arsenal fan. :(

Now all you get is pity... from a guy in a Chelsea... City scarf...

remember when all those united heads started supporting RK Sunderland cos fergie hadn't won the league in 3 years...

Now all you get is pity... from a guy in a Chelsea... City scarf...

Pity from those guys? F*ck them!

• Advertisement

Pity from those guys? F*ck them!

I throw shade at them

It's only Ray Parlour...

I'm so angry we lost that cup game to Watford. Obviously i wanted the league, but I love cup final day when we're in it. And it was there for the taking. F***in eejits. Gabriel cost us by defending like someone you have to talk into playing when you're short of numbers for 5 a side, and Welbz missing an absolute sitter.

I'm so angry we lost that cup game to Watford. Obviously i wanted the league, but I love cup final day when we're in it. And it was there for the taking. F***in eejits. Gabriel cost us by defending like someone you have to talk into playing when you're short of numbers for 5 a side, and Welbz missing an absolute sitter.

I just expected us to win that game - I was shocked when we hadn't! I expected Arsenal to contest their third FA cup final in 3 years!!!

That was a sure sign the wheels had come off the wagon

It'll cost me 40 bastard quid if we fail to stay ahead of United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

I just expected us to win that game - I was shocked when we hadn't! I expected Arsenal to contest their third FA cup final in 3 years!!!

That was a sure sign the wheels had come off the wagon

You think thats bad....im over in australia so its very easy to be forgetful when it comes to matches, i didnt realise the hull replay and the watford game were so close and i completely missed the watford game! Up until last week i assumed we were still in the fa cup!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

So Giroud tonight lads.

Likely starter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Texas Jack wrote: »
    So Giroud tonight lads.

Likely starter?

Who cares at this stage? Welbeck not playing great but still nowhere near as bad as Giroud was before he was dropped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I see on a Arseblog article that Wenger has stated again that he always sees out a contract. So he isn't going to do the honourable thing and we already know the owners won't move against him either unless we drop the CL spot. If that happens then we will be a far less attractive proposition for the calibre of manager that is needed. I hate living in interesting times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gandalf wrote: »
    I see on a Arseblog article that Wenger has stated again that he always sees out a contract. So he isn't going to do the honourable thing and we already know the owners won't move against him either unless we drop the CL spot. If that happens then we will be a far less attractive proposition for the calibre of manager that is needed. I hate living in interesting times!

I don't believe this part is true at all. van Gaal to United and Klopp to Liverpool, Conte to Chelsea being 3 recent examples of highly regarded managers moving to English clubs without CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arsene is on 8 million a year, their ain't many managers on more than him so id argue that his job would be hugely sought after.

Arsene is on 8 million a year, their ain't many managers on more than him so id argue that his job would be hugely sought after.

I doubt a new manager will expect to be paid the same as Arsene.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

L'prof wrote: »
    Who cares at this stage? Welbeck not playing great but still nowhere near as bad as Giroud was before he was dropped!

I brought Giroud into my Fantasy team as a possible differential so hoping he'll start

Texas Jack wrote: »
    I brought Giroud into my Fantasy team as a possible differential so hoping he'll start

Come back to me at 6:45pm :pac:

Seriously though, he'll probably get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The financial restraints (or lack of) will have a huge part to play in who we can attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

such a dead club.

apparently there are loads of spare tickets left for tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement