Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

A bit of pressure tonight to keep in place for the top 4. It's a pity Palace did not show such apathy against us last Sunday, as they did against United last night. Then again maybe they did and the apathy came from Arsenal as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

such a dead club.

apparently there are loads of spare tickets left for tonight

I really don't think a disappointing end to a season and the apathy that naturally goes along with that makes the club a dead one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

such a dead club.

Not surprised. Fans not sure what they will get or if the team turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It’s a rescheduled fixture on a Thursday night that’s on TV at the end of a disappointing season against the most boring team in the league. Of course there’ll be seats available.
    It doesn’t mean the club is dead, jesus Christ that’s just so so ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard on here in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

This new site is weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I like the m site best. Stripped back and clutter free

The match is on tv tonight- oh this could be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

bad2dabone wrote: »
    It’s a rescheduled fixture on a Thursday night that’s on TV at the end of a disappointing season against the most boring team in the league. Of course there’ll be seats available.
    It doesn’t mean the club is dead, jesus Christ that’s just so so ridiculous. One of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard on here in a while.

This is one of the ridiculous comments, you are worse then Wenger. You honestly think this wouldn't have been sold out if they were going for the title even if it was a Thursday night. Even if we were a point behind the Spuds this would have been a sell out. The fact it's the same old rubbish just a different year without the excuse of the oil money to fall back on, fans are fed up having to pay big money to see a bunch of bottlers on the field and in the dugout.

The club ain't dead but it's seriously in the mire right now, the worse it's been for years. So don't make the excuse like Wenger that cause it's a Thursday night that's the reason the stadium be half empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

such a dead club.

Expect a lot of empty seats for the rest of the home games this season. The excuses from the pro wenger lot that it's cause it's a Thursday that's why it hasn't sold out :rolleyes: Silly talk, this would have sold out if they didn't bottle the league again like we always seem to do under Wenger over the last ten years or so.

The Villa game at home at the end of the season will be interesting, especially during the end of Season walk around the field. I would love for it to be empty. Wenger and the players need a shock to the system. That fans are not pleased with either's performances this season. I doubt Wenger would give a crap what we think about him lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looper007 wrote: »
    you are worse then Wenger.

hilarious :D

thanks for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jesus, our goal difference Is embarrassing by our standards. Although we've the FOURTH best In the league, suppose I should be used to that by now.

Does it reflect well on the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mansize wrote: »
    Does it reflect well on the fans?

Our goal difference?

L'prof wrote: »
    Our goal difference?

The attendance figures

We have fantastic fans. Sick of people saying sh1t about the fans.

• Advertisement

What makes them fantastic?

What makes them fantastic?

They pay more money than any other fans do to see their team play, they support and stick by a club who went from being PL Champions on a regular basis to winning 4th each year, they stick by a club who sacrificed success and glory In order to build a new stadium which most fans didn't want anyway.

They stick by a club who have lacked ambition for many years and who always seem to fall short, they sing songs when we're 8-2 down to Man United, they appreciate everything our once great manager did for this club so much so that It's taken nearly 10 years of frustration for anyone to even remotely protest him at a game. Etc etc etc what a stupid ****ing question.

It's hardly the most difficult team to support and compared to most other clubs they have been relatively successful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I used to believe this. One thing I learned this season is that it's not always the case.

Same as every other team.

They pay more money than any other fans do to see their team play, they support and stick by a club who went from being PL Champions on a regular basis to winning 4th each year, they stick by a club who sacrificed success and glory In order to build a new stadium which most fans didn't want anyway.

They stick by a club who have lacked ambition for many years and who always seem to fall short, they sing songs when we're 8-2 down to Man United, they appreciate everything our once great manager did for this club so much so that It's taken nearly 10 years of frustration for anyone to even remotely protest him at a game. Etc etc etc what a stupid ****ing question.

The most expensive ticket is dearer not all tickets are. They are based in North London, property costs are huge.

They won the league 3 times under Wenger. Before that it was 91,89 and 71!

They needed a bigger stadium to accommodate the fan base 38500 is very small for a club at the top of English football

There were protests before they won the FA cup two years ago

Emarites can be like a graveyard by times - I didn't hear the singing at 8-2 and that result was very much an outlier

Imagine supporting Villa, Leeds or even Liverpool- 26 years since a league title and over 10 since their European Cup success- they have spent millions with so little to show since then!

Grass is always greener, but not always on the same patch

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I used to believe this. One thing I learned this season is that it's not always the case.

Same as every other team.

I really don't see that- it's an easy plaudit for the fans to self congratulate themselves with

1953-1989 that's 46 years the time it took before Wenger to win the previous 4 titles

The most expensive ticket is dearer not all tickets are. They are based in North London, property costs are huge.

They won the league 3 times under Wenger. Before that it was 91,89 and 71!

They needed a bigger stadium to accommodate the fan base 38500 is very small for a club at the top of English football

There were protests before they won the FA cup two years ago

Emarites can be like a graveyard by times - I didn't hear the singing at 8-2 and that result was very much an outlier

Imagine supporting Villa, Leeds or even Liverpool- 26 years since a league title and over 10 since their European Cup success- they have spent millions with so little to show since then!

Grass is always greener, but not always on the same patch

They are extremely expensive and difficult to get a hold of, you're just nit picking.

Precisely why my point about 10 years of nothing Is valid.

They didn't NEED a bigger stadium and that's a fact.

Of course there were, but how many years of winning nothing did It take for that to happen?

Yeah It can because our performance can be dire at times. I heard the singing very clearly, watch It again If you like.

Imagine supporting Villa? A team that hasn't won the league since 1981, well needless to say my expectations If I was a Villa fan would be slightly different than that of an Arsenal fan.

You can't just say oh you have It good because you could support Exeter, well yeah I could but I wouldn't expect Exeter to win the Premier League... It's all relative. You can say oh we could be them them them but we're not but you can also say well we could be Barcelona, Bayern or Real.

You questioned Arsenals fan base I'm simply telling you we have a great fan base that I'm proud to be a part of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I really don't see that- it's an easy plaudit for the fans to self congratulate themselves with

It's also easy to be great fans when you're winning all the time.

Really, really easy.

They are extremely expensive and difficult to get a hold of, you're just nit picking.

Precisely why my point about 10 years of nothing Is valid.

They didn't NEED a bigger stadium and that's a fact.

Of course there were, but how many years of winning nothing did It take for that to happen?

Yeah It can because our performance can be dire at times. I heard the singing very clearly, watch It again If you like.

Imagine supporting Villa? A team that hasn't won the league since 1981, well needless to say my expectations If I was a Villa fan would be slightly different than that of an Arsenal fan.

You can't just say oh you have It good because you could support Exeter, well yeah I could but I wouldn't expect Exeter to win the Premier League... It's all relative. You can say oh we could be them them them but we're not but you can also say well we could be Barcelona, Bayern or Real.

You questioned Arsenals fan base I'm simply telling you we have a great fan base that I'm proud to be a part of.

Yes but they are the exception, not rule. Only 1 team can win the league each year!

You say we didn't need a bigger stadium - what need is that based on? Why are Spurs, Liverpool, Wesh Ham and Everton all looking for bigger stadiums if their current capacity exceeds Highbury?

So people were protesting before now, contrary to your earlier statement

If you support a club surely you support it through thick and thin?

This to me sounds like a spoilt child who isn't getting all the sweets it used to and is throwing a tantrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bit of talk about a walk out tonight.

No way can I see that happening.

Yes but they are the exception, not rule. Only 1 team can win the league each year!

You say we didn't need a bigger stadium - what need is that based on? Why are Spurs, Liverpool, Wesh Ham and Everton all looking for bigger stadiums if their current capacity exceeds Highbury?

So people were protesting before now, contrary to your earlier statement

If you support a club surely you support it through thick and thin?

This to me sounds like a spoilt child who isn't getting all the sweets it used to and is throwing a tantrum

We didn't need a bigger stadium, nor do any of them clubs need one, they want one to increase revenue. What's the capacity of the King Power?

Sure, people protest all the time, It's not a reflection of an entire fan base If someone brings a sign Into a stadium.

I do, hence why I watch every game buy all the jerseys talk bollix In a forum etc etc

Then get your ears checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Source? :)

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Eh, ya 'nuff saidt

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

Eh, ya 'nuff saidt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/723206144676663299

Giroud and Ramsey with starts

Ooooh and Mert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Prince and chyna both dead today.

Ramsey to get a hat trick

Prince and chyna both dead today.

Ramsey to get a hat trick

Really....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Very curious to see Elneny and Rambo together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

1953-1989 that's 46 years the time it took before Wenger to win the previous 4 titles

A little misleading. Graham alone won 2 titles in 3 years. I know the style of football was light years away from wengers league winning teams but that was some achievement. They also were very close to winning the league unbeaten in 90-91 with just one defeat (2-1 away to Chelsea).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

gosplan wrote: »

Be interesting to see if Ramsey bombs forward thinking he's a striker leaving Elneny as exposed as he did Coq

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »

Yeah that's probably the only bit about this match that intrigues me. With the way Pulis is likely to set up it'll be good to have both of them there more than willing to hit them from range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Coquelin not playing. Might enjoy this so.

omega man wrote: »
    A little misleading. Graham alone won 2 titles in 3 years. I know the style of football was light years away from wengers league winning teams but that was some achievement. They also were very close to winning the league unbeaten in 90-91 with just one defeat (2-1 away to Chelsea).

Look back to when I showed that that's a bit misleasing, we don't hit the same goal difference nor goals scored as we did with his "boring" style.

Lots and lots of empty seats.

Fúck me that's some amount of empty seats. Will this open the boards eyes? Will it fúck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lots and lots of empty seats.

Prob London traffic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Trying to watch this with some enthusiasm but it's just too depressing.

Too easy

Well taken by Sanchez. Thought Foster could have saved it though.

Quality. Where has that Alexis been??

liam7831 wrote: »
    Prob London traffic

There's three more after coming in. :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement