Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't think it's as much to do with form as to do with the fact that we don't have a 20 goal a season striker to finish all the chances we create. That makes the difference, as Kane and Vardy have shown.

Lets be fair. There wasn't anybody out there in the summer that could of really improved our squad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Surely Liverpool will throw a few quid at us for him. Id snap the hand off anybody if they offered 10 million. I hate criticising any of our players but he is one of the most over rated we have ever had and Oxlade Chamberlain seems to be going the same way.

Hate to have to agree with this, but it's true.

Although Ox might still come good.

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I think he is too injury prone and inconsistent to have any impact at the club. We cant be waiting around for another few seasons for him to come good like we have done with Walcott, not only has he not improved since signing I think he has actually regressed.

I think he is too injury prone and inconsistent to have any impact at the club. We cant be waiting around for another few seasons for him to come good like we have done with Walcott, not only has he not improved since signing I think he has actually regressed.

His attitude is woeful too. A spoilt indulged brat. Whatever about Wenger falling on the sword, Ox, Wilshere and Walcott should be canned first thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Anyone think Wenger will step down in summer?

• Advertisement

I'd say the Arsenal board will have him.as long as he wants. Even another shït season will see him offered another contract next season regardless of the fans wishes. In fact if he had 10 yrs left he would probably see out all 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I'd say the Arsenal board will have him.as long as he wants. Even another shït season will see him offered another contract next season regardless of the fans wishes. In fact if he had 10 yrs left he would probably see out all 10

Things are very stale at arsenal its all come to a head this season.
    Will ozil Sanchez be still with us come august?
    I don't know there contract situations but to be fair they are waisting their careers at arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What has happened at United will give them pause about pulling the trigger on Wenger. Only way is if he walks.......which he wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

mansize wrote: »
    Can we sell Walcott??

Be tough with the wages he's on, I'm sure he have many suitors especially from other big clubs but he probably be in the same situation he is in at Arsenal, been used from the bench. I can't see Walcott leading the line at nay big club. Maybe a year or two at a mid table side will do him a world of good. He looks like a guy who's far too comfortable at our club and who's stealing a living.

I think the OX is the same, I think going by the way he's played this season he looks unhappy at Arsenal and looks like he's not enjoying his football. Like Walcott maybe a few seasons in the mid table of the PL will do him a world of good. I think the big club thing is a weight on his shoulders. I think under Klopp or someone of that breed would probably suit him more. I think maybe under a new manager at Arsenal he might improve.

I think those two be on their way out this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

No way he is going anywhere, the man is stubborn as hell and will want to finish off his contract. He probably spend a little more then usual to keep his detractors off his back but the same tactics and team bottling it will still be there. He will try to get top 4 and maybe win the league cup or FA Cup. We won't win the title under him even though I think in his own mind he really gives it a go but he's sadly past his best.

He should have left two years ago after the FA Cup win at Hull but I think his ego got the best of him.

• Advertisement

His attitude is woeful too. A spoilt indulged brat. Whatever about Wenger falling on the sword, Ox, Wilshere and Walcott should be canned first thing

What is this based on? You have some inside knowledge? Any interview I've seen, he seems very level-headed. He undoubtedly has talent, but lets his head drop too easily, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Not even the slightest chance!
    Will ozil Sanchez be still with us come august?
    I don't know there contract situations but to be fair they are waisting their careers at arsenal

They both have a couple of seasons left at the club and will be in talks this summer to extend that. Wasting their careers? Özil has won 2 FA Cups and Sanchez 1. If anything, they came to the cub at the right time. For a bit of perspective, Özil only won 1 league and 1 cup in his 3 years at Madrid. Similar too for Sanchez with the Club World Cup added in. Surely that was far more wasteful at a club of that stature and with the talent at their disposal? Only time will tell how wise their decision to join Arsenal was. Hopefully they stay for years to come whether that's under Wenger or a new manager.

L'prof wrote: »
    Not even the slightest chance!

They both have a couple of seasons left at the club and will be in talks this summer to extend that. Wasting their careers? Özil has won 2 FA Cups and Sanchez 1. If anything, they came to the cub at the right time. For a bit of perspective, Özil only won 1 league and 1 cup in his 3 years at Madrid. Similar too for Sanchez with the Club World Cup added in. Surely that was far more wasteful at a club of that stature and with the talent at their disposal? Only time will tell how wise their decision to join Arsenal was. Hopefully they stay for years to come whether that's under Wenger or a new manager.

The difference is that Real Madrid and Barcelona go into a Champions Lge campaign as one of the most likeliest winners, we are just there to make up the numbers it sadly seems. They also have ambition to win league titles, which obviously we do too but dont seem to reflect that in the transfer market or with our onfield crumbling when the pressure is on. Its all about intent and we have very little of it.

The difference is that Real Madrid and Barcelona go into a Champions Lge campaign as one of the most likeliest winners, we are just there to make up the numbers it sadly seems. They also have ambition to win league titles, which obviously we do too but dont seem to reflect that in the transfer market or with our onfield crumbling when the pressure is on. Its all about intent and we have very little of it.

I get what you're saying. They're competitive on multiple fronts but at the end of the day, all that matters is medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ol' Donie wrote: »

This summer we have to buy the finished article when we buy players.
    We don't have time to wait for "hopefuls" to develop.
    We need world-class players like Ozil, not 16 year old hopefuls. We are being overtaken by other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Great to see Sanchez hitting some form and getting himself in shape for Copa America, which is obviously his priority. Not unlike a lot of well paid players.

This summer we have to buy the finished article when we buy players.
    We don't have time to wait for "hopefuls" to develop.
    We need world-class players like Ozil, not 16 year old hopefuls. We are being overtaken by other clubs.

I agree we have to buy quality, but if you look at the (two) teams that have overtaken us, they're not exactly buying world class proven talent :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Arsenal m8's

Will Giroud retain his place or will Welbeck be brought back in?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Arsenal m8's

Cheers

Nobody knows

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Arsenal m8's

Cheers

Did he do enough last night to retain his place? I think not. Has Welbeck been in good enough form to displace him? I also think not. Toss a coin there sure!

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Did he do enough last night to retain his place? I think not. Has Welbeck been in good enough form to displace him? I also think not. Toss a coin there sure!

Theo to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

There isn't a forward at the club who's good enough to be our top striker.

Giroud really should be sold back to French football, Theo is just not a striker and Welbeck is great at being in a squad.

That for me is exactly where our strikers stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Interesting/unusual thing from last night.

I thought Giroud was poor in the first half but excellent in the second, really troubling the centre halfs with knock-downs lay-offs and headers.

However I don't remember him getting a single pass in the box (couple of over-hit ones) from Sanchez or Ozil. Yet Campbell was only on for 5 minutes and managed it 3 times. Co-incidental or is something else going on ?

Basil3 wrote: »
    What is this based on? You have some inside knowledge? Any interview I've seen, he seems very level-headed. He undoubtedly has talent, but lets his head drop too easily, IMO.

His atrocious effort on the pitch. Interviews mean Jack shît

Edit: oh and iwobi hung ox out to dry on the program recently and said his timekeeping was the worst at the club. Has turned up late on a few occasions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Hard to disagree with any of that, I think he's especially right about Tottenham V West Brom, they will destroy them at whl

His atrocious effort on the pitch. Interviews mean Jack shît

Edit: oh and iwobi hung ox out to dry on the program recently and said his timekeeping was the worst at the club. Has turned up late on a few occasions

Sorry, mate, but you're talking out your a*se.

It's fine not liking a player, or not thinking they put in enough effort, but I have no idea why you feel the need to trash-talk him like that.

Not in the board room they are not. The day David Dein walked out of Arsenal we became stale and unambitious and it took a hold at the club. Wenger has been under no pressure since Dein went. And Danny Fiszmans death into the bargain then. Both were true fans but those directors that remain at Arsenal are corporate business men with no knowledge or interest in football and stooges going along with them

Not in the board room they are not. The day David Dein walked out of Arsenal we became stale and unambitious and it took a hold at the club. Wenger has been under no pressure since Dein went. And Danny Fiszmans death into the bargain then. Both were true fans but those directors that remain at Arsenal are corporate business men with no knowledge or interest in football and stooges going along with them

Wenger has been under pressure, just a different kind of pressure.

• Advertisement

Sorry, mate, but you're talking out your a*se.

It's fine not liking a player, or not thinking they put in enough effort, but I have no idea why you feel the need to trash-talk him like that.

Because he's shìte and not trying a leg in a season where we had a huge opportunity to win the premier league. Couldn't care less how he comes across in an interview to be honest, him and his rot need to be sent packing. If he is turning up late for training ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION that shows further how bothered he actually is. Your talking out of your own arse with your defence of the undefendable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The Ox isn't good enough for Arsenal right now. He's one of the many players offering no end product which has been our biggest problem this season. Maybe he could do with a season out on loan to give him a boot up the arse.

Hasn't worked for Chesney though he's breaking my heart at roma :p

Because he's shìte and not trying a leg in a season where we had a huge opportunity to win the premier league. Couldn't care less how he comes across in an interview to be honest, him and his rot need to be sent packing. If he is turning up late for training ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION that shows further how bothered he actually is. Your talking out of your own arse with your defence of the undefendable

Of course I can defend him against being called a spoilt indulged brat. Do we know how hard he works in training? Do we know his general attitude around the club through the week? No.

The way I see his attitude on the pitch is not one of a player not putting in effort, or not caring. I've seen him put in loads of work tracking back and getting around the pitch. In my eyes, his main problem is that his head drops when something doesn't go his way, and that's something he needs to work on.

If you guys had your way, so many players would be out of the club that we couldn't even field a starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Of course I can defend him against being called a spoilt indulged brat. Do we know how hard he works in training? Do we know his general attitude around the club through the week? No.

The way I see his attitude on the pitch is not one of a player not putting in effort, or not caring. I've seen him put in loads of work tracking back and getting around the pitch. In my eyes, his main problem is that his head drops when something doesn't go his way, and that's something he needs to work on.

If you guys had your way, so many players would be out of the club that we couldn't even field a starting 11.

Delusional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The injury really seems to have knocked Theo sideways. He was on fire before then - brilliant against Man U in the league game and I think he was our player of the month in September/October? No reason to think he can't return to those levels (probably after we've sold him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah I have had enough of Walcott too and yes ofc he will come back to haunt us but the reality is he just doesn't do it enough and you know what? He doesn't even nearly ever do it enough!

Ox I would give another season too, referring to earlier poster who said it was our forwards that let us down ...he seem's to forget how fragile we are at the back .

We need a proper leader on the pitch, a real hard man with bottle and fight.

And I agree with a different earlier poster who said we only need one def midfielder in the 'lesser' home games, I agree 100%

I would also have Elneni ahead of Coq at this time and I really think and hope that Elneni will really be a very good player next season once he has this half season under his belt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah I have had enough of Walcott too and yes ofc he will come back to haunt us but the reality is he just doesn't do it enough and you know what? He doesn't even nearly ever do it enough!

Ox I would give another season too, referring to earlier poster who said it was our forwards that let us down ...he seem's to forget how fragile we are at the back .

We need a proper leader on the pitch, a real hard man with bottle and fight.

And I agree with a different earlier poster who said we only need one def midfielder in the 'lesser' home games, I agree 100%

I would also have Elneni ahead of Coq at this time and I really think and hope that Elneni will really be a very good player next season once he has this half season under his belt.

Walcott just doesn't suit us and we just don't suit him. Plain to see.

Teams let us have the ball and play in front of them. Walcott is rubbish at this.

We should be defending deep and hitting long balls over the top to Walcott but we don't do that.

Agree with the rest. We're not good enough to play with a pure DMF and Elneny yet still win all our games. A world class striker would change this too though.

gosplan wrote: »
    Walcott just doesn't suit us and we just don't suit him. Plain to see.

Teams let us have the ball and play in front of them. Walcott is rubbish at this.

We should be defending deep and hitting long balls over the top to Walcott but we don't do that.

Yeah, I don't think we actually have a plan for when Theo is on the pitch. When he first comes on, you often see him make a few runs in behind, but he never gets a through ball, so he just gives up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

All along, Walcotts biggest attribute was his speed, now i dunno if he has bulked up too much or is doing the wrong type of physical training but we havent seen a burst of speed from him for the longest time, hes still a young man but his pace seems to have disappeared

wonga77 wrote: »
    All along, Walcotts biggest attribute was his speed, now i dunno if he has bulked up too much or is doing the wrong type of physical training but we havent seen a burst of speed from him for the longest time, hes still a young man but his pace seems to have disappeared

Look at the physique of a sprinter. He's a long way off being too bulked up for speed. He does look a little sluggish, though. He supposedly still tops the sprint timings (if only just edged out by Bellerin)

Welcome to boards Arsene

• Advertisement

Welcome to boards Arsene

You guys always have to resort to the same b*ll****. Well done.

The players are good enough, the manager is good enough. This is what we hear but no other reason is given as to why we do the same **** every year, either start well and **** up or else start with **** results, pressure and roar through to a glorious 4th place. There's a reason we have a couple of recent calendar year titles.

The players are good enough, the manager is good enough. This is what we hear but no other reason is given as to why we do the same **** every year, either start well and **** up or else start with **** results, pressure and roar through to a glorious 4th place. There's a reason we have a couple of recent calendar year titles.

And we are still in the running for the 2016 calendar title. Don't give up hope, button!!

And we are still in the running for the 2016 calendar title. Don't give up hope, button!!

Yup, would expect most teams above us to be weaker next season http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2015-2016/between-dates
    It would be some achievement to win two in a row without winning the league.

You guys always have to resort to the same b*ll****. Well done.

Your taking very valid criticism of a millionaire footballer very personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Maybe money shouldn't be part of your reply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wenger getting a three year extension? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger getting a three year extension? :o

Really hope your joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Fair play to him, he has made the club what it is. Its up to him when he wants to leave

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement