Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/alexiwobi/status/724259894518525952?lang=en

An honest statement instead of the usual "we need to bounce back" bullsh1t. And he wasn't even our worst performer. Some senior members of the squad could learn something from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Quazzie wrote: »
    I thought it was closer to £140k, but maybe that's the figure in euros.

Arseblog said £140k this morning. Disgracefully overpaid player, needs to be sold this summer.

I think Wenger is giving Walcott minutes lately to see if he can prove he's worth keeping around any longer because even he seems unsure about Walcotts future at this stage.

http://arseblog.com/2016/04/sunderland-preview-wenger-walcotts-future/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ugh.

8 wins in the last 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

What a dismal end to the season this is turning out to be. Was watching this out of the corner of my eye while I was out for late lunch. I think half the team are already on the beach. Why is Walcott even on the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Another thing that's mental is we haven't lost since Swansea. That's seven games unbeaten in the league. Which under normal circumstances isn't that terrible. But it's just so hard to feel anything other than...meh. It's actually kind of boring right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

He should be docked his wages this week for this tbh.

https://streamable.com/q3mq?t=10.9

I suppose he didn't want to get injured ahead of the Euros/his move to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Another thing that's mental is we haven't lost since Swansea. That's seven games unbeaten in the league. Which under normal circumstances isn't that terrible. But it's just so hard to feel anything other than...meh. It's actually kind of boring right now.

Sadly in that run, we have only 3 wins and 4 draws.

Sadly in that run, we have only 3 wins and 4 draws.

It's weird though. Feels like we're losing every second game.

This season is b*llocks.

I can't wait for the Euros, for a break from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'll be watching Leicester for the rest of the season, sick and tired of looking at players that duck/jump over/turn their back on the ball. If they don't give a sh1t, then why should we?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It's weird though. Feels like we're losing every second game.

This season is b*llocks.

Watch Ireland lose every 2nd game lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's all so stale.

I was screaming at the screen when he did that. It sums up so much of this season. It's there for the taking, just grow some ****in balls and take it. That applies to the league and the cup as much as the ball in that clip.

I'm sorry Theo. You seem like a great lad, but that's just not good enough. And I'm really, really forgiving with sh*t like this.

mansize wrote: »

At least it'll be something else to whinge about. I'm worn out with this. I'm actually tired from watching us.

At least Ireland don't make you think they might actually win something!

gandalf wrote: »
    At least Ireland don't make you think they might actually win something!

Ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

When wenger does leave (hopefully next summer) then my over riding emotion will be relief that he has gone. That shouldn't be the case with what he did in the first 10 years but the staleness that has been the last few years has turned the vast majority against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

We've three group games so if we only lose the second one I'll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Was in croke park for the afternoon and didn't even feel the need to check the score at any stage which is unlike me. Anyway saw the result when I got home and barely batted an eyelid. I won't even ask how we played......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

omega man wrote: »
    Was in croke park for the afternoon and didn't even feel the need to check the score at any stage which is unlike me. Anyway saw the result when I got home and barely batted an eyelid. I won't even ask how we played......

Exactly the same myself. Gimme the Dubs any day over that other shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Exactly the same myself. Gimme the Dubs any day over that other shower.

Nice watching a team you love winning lots of trophies too ;-)

sorry for the off topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just typifies the club under Monsiuer Wenger. Absolutely gutless. He should be fined for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Pretty feeble again today.

I think at this stage I don't care if we get better or worse when Wenger leaves. Just need a change Of some sort.

Hopefully it will be the end of this season and it will be a change for the better!

Good squad there. They just need some motivation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

What must Joel Campbell feel seeing Walcott constantly been selected ahead of him. My god. I actually cant believe I am beginning to dislike Wenger.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What must Joel Campbell feel seeing Walcott constantly been selected ahead of him. My god. I actually cant believe I am beginning to dislike Wenger.

As bad as things are ill never be able to bring myself to hate Wenger. He frustrates the absolute hell out of me and is an extremely stubborn man dont get me wrong. What is happening at the moment is heartbreaking to endure and its hard to fathom what the hell is going on in Wengers head but his loyalty to flimsy lightweights is starting to come back to haunt him.

Walcott is an absolute disgrace. GET HIM THE FÚCK OUT OF OUR CLUB! :mad:

Look at this video from 1998 and the intensity in some of our tackles. We were the Leicester of that year with extra flair (Bergkamp, Vieira and Overmars). Tremendous team spirit, leaders, courage, intensity.... And now think of Walcott avoiding that challenge today. Amazing to think the same manager was in charge of the two completely different teams.

The whole 97/98 season review for those who want to escape to the past as they cry into their drink and lament of the days when we were kings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4c_lm_sy90&list=PLnB1yVhd2PFEBGOGKfwXiYoWklvgn-zIR&index=41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

As bad as things are ill never be able to bring myself to hate Wenger. He frustrates the absolute hell out of me and is an extremely stubborn man dont get me wrong. What is happening at the moment is heartbreaking to endure and its hard to fathom what the hell is going on in Wengers head but his loyalty to flimsy lightweights is starting to come back to haunt him.

Walcott is an absolute disgrace. GET HIM THE FÚCK OUT OF OUR CLUB! :mad:

I don't know its getting so close to me really hating him. As long as he stays at our club I can't see it getting better, his legacy has took a massive hit this year with a lot of fans. I don't see him going out and spending crazy money even under constant pressure from all sides plus changing his tactics and actually been ruthless towards players that aren't cutting it anymore. If he stays another year or if he gets another 3 years, it's going to get nasty and Wenger will sadly end up a broken man.

Walcott looks like a guy making sure he ain't getting injured cause he wants to go to the Euro's and get his summer move away from Arsenal. The fact Ramsey and Giroud can walk back into the squad ahead of Welbeck and Coq, plus how slow do we look with them in our side. Poor Campbell can't do anything right for Wenger to pick him.

But the worse thing for me is we are boring to watch, and Arsenal under Wenger have never been boring but this season we have been awful.

I don't think most of us would ever hate Arsene. At this stage I pity him which is worse. Every additional day he stays in charge now damages his legacy more and more!

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    I don't think most of us would ever hate Arsene. At this stage I pity him which is worse. Every additional day he stays in charge now damages his legacy more and more!

I dont hate Arsene Wenger the man, i just really dislike the manager he has become

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I went to the zoo yesterday with the kids rather than watch the match.

Defo the correct choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gosplan wrote: »

Defo the correct choice.

I only caught the last half hour, that was bad enough. i can't imagine having to sit through the whole thing! They need 7/9 to guarantee top 4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Theo and Ramsey are lightweights and can be slightly forgiven for pulling out of tackles but I also saw Monreal and Kos not going 100% into tackles yesterday which is unforgivable. Has the squad become so lightweight that even our stalwarts are softening up or do they have one eye on the Euros?

With regards to Giroud, I really did like and rate him at one stage but since he's had his kid he's gone to ****. It's not rocket science that the teams above us have strikers that can get you 20-30 goals a season or grab that last minute goal you need when things aren't going your way. Unfortunately, we haven't got a world class striker and bar the Welbeck goal against Leicester we haven't got someone that will pop up and get us that last minute winner.

I can't see things changing under AW and until he goes we'll just have to accept this.

Roaster wrote: »
    Theo and Ramsey are lightweights and can be slightly forgiven for pulling out of tackles

If you are earning £130k a week the least you can do is try and win the ball. Walcott yesterday was a disgrace the way he jumped over the ball. In one person he is everything that is wrong with the club

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

wawaman wrote: »
    If you are earning £130k a week the least you can do is try and win the ball. Walcott yesterday was a disgrace the way he jumped over the ball. In one person he is everything that is wrong with the club

I agree but I'm not one bit surprised. When I saw Walcott sprinting in and then Kaboul coming towards him, there was only ever going to be one result.

• Advertisement

Defo the correct choice.

I bet the meerkats didn't scurry away as quick as Theo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

This season has been a car crash and is only going to get worse when wenger refuses to make any signings in the summer and Sanchez and Ozil decide they’ve had enough.

I think the manager is genuinely hurting the club now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I agree but I'm not one bit surprised. When I saw Walcott sprinting in and then Kaboul coming towards him, there was only ever going to be one result.

The infuriating thing is tho that had Walcott showed any commitment he would have been away with it with the defender nowhere near it. It wouldn't have been a 50:50 even. I could understand gettin out of a crunching tackle but if he isn't going for THAT what is he doing on the pitch st all?

Boskowski wrote: »
    The infuriating thing is tho that had Walcott showed any commitment he would have been away with it with the defender nowhere near it. It wouldn't have been a 50:50 even. I could understand gettin out of a crunching tackle but if he isn't going for THAT what is he doing on the pitch st all?

Imagine Ray Parlour in his hungover state was still able to muster a motm performance in arguably the biggest game in Arsenal's history.

Even further puts Walcott's cowardice to shame.

In other news, Wolfsburg terminate Bendtners contract. Its shocking to think he was at Arsenal so long. A waster.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/wolfsburg-terminate-nicklas-bendtners-contract-731262.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

In other news, Wolfsburg terminate Bendtners contract. Its shocking to think he was at Arsenal so long. A waster.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/wolfsburg-terminate-nicklas-bendtners-contract-731262.html
    And now we have Sanogo. :(

And now we have Sanogo. :(

Is Sanogo even getting his game with a truly dreadful Charlton side?

I know they have no excuse, but both Theo and Ramsey have had major injuries. Must have a big impact on an already mentally weak player. I had ACL reconstruction over 15 years ago, and I still often find myself being careful in the back of my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Basil3 wrote: »
    I know they have no excuse, but both Theo and Ramsey have had major injuries. Must have a big impact on an already mentally weak player. I had ACL reconstruction over 15 years ago, and I still often find myself being careful in the back of my mind.

They get the best of treatment and recovery, and are paid serious Money, if they're not willing to put a tackle in maybe they should find another profession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Imagine Ray Parlour in his hungover state was still able to muster a motm performance in arguably the biggest game in Arsenal's history.

Even further puts Walcott's cowardice to shame.

Bendtner has just been lingering around top clubs for years now. Completely mind boggling because he's just a worse version of Giroud.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    They get the best of treatment and recovery, and are paid serious Money, if they're not willing to put a tackle in maybe they should find another profession

Point is that Theo was never a good tackler even before his injury.

Why the hell would he find another profession when he gets paid over £5m/year to be average at his current one? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Basil3 wrote: »
    Point is that Theo was never a good tackler even before his injury.

Why the hell would he find another profession when he gets paid over £5m/year to be average at his current one? :pac:

Ill rephrase that, he should be made find a new club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Watching the 97/98 thing there its absolutely terrifying how far we've fallen that team would have died on its arse for Wenger even Manninger the sub keeper was brilliant every player would kick there own mother for the ball.

Where as now..........most of them would let there mother have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I bet the meerkats didn't scurry away as quick as Theo

Big cats. I realised arsenal are like the big cats. Everyone knows what they're capable of and they look amazing but in the end people pay high ticket prices to watch them sit around all day doing **** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Big cats. I realised arsenal are like the big cats. Everyone knows what they're capable of and they look amazing but in the end people pay high ticket prices to watch them sit around all day doing **** all.

And every now and then a dead carcass is thrown at them and they tear it apart and look full of energy again. West Brom on a Thursday night for example.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement