Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gosplan wrote: »
    Big cats. I realised arsenal are like the big cats. Everyone knows what they're capable of and they look amazing but in the end people pay high ticket prices to watch them sit around all day doing **** all.

Little cats too. Well, pussys.

Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

GET IN THE WEST BROM!!

YEOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

We'll catch them yet lads! :pac:

Let's get Ranieri.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Even we beat west brom!

Let's get Ranieri.

Aside from.this season, Raneiri's track record is hardly out of this world. Don't get me wrong he's done a phenomenal job with Leicester in fairness but there is better out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Has to be the greatest sporting achievment I have ever seen in my lifetime. Leicester City Premier League Champions. Let that sink in. Wow.

Just goes to show if you have the team spirit, passion and heart you can go very far in the game. Amazing stuff.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Has to be the greatest sporting achievment I have ever seen in my lifetime. Leicester City Premier League Champions. Let that sink in. Wow.

Just goes to show if you have the team spirit, passion and heart you can go very far in the game. Amazing stuff.

Congrats to them on their magnificent achievement. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of buachaillì

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To quote one of our greatest ever enemys .....LADS ITS SPURS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Congrats to them on their magnificent achievement. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of buachaillì

Delighted for them. They've been absolutely fantastic all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Congrats and all but nice bunch? Far far from it. Scummy enough on the pitch and several racist incidents off it. Forgive me if I don't buy into the fairytale.

Aside from.this season, Raneiri's track record is hardly out of this world. Don't get me wrong he's done a phenomenal job with Leicester in fairness but there is better out there

I was being mostly sarcastic :p Always had a soft spot for him after the way things went at Chelsea and he comes across like a decent guy and all.

AdamD wrote: »
    Congrats and all but nice bunch? Far far from it. Scummy enough on the pitch and several racist incidents off it. Forgive me if I don't buy into the fairytale.

Fair enough. i like the hard work they put in and the way they fight for each other. Id hardly say they were the scummiest team in the league to be honest. Compare them to Chelsea for example

Was the absence of Santi the biggest part of our collapse folks? I'm inclined to think it was.

He was working ferociously on the pitch for us doing alot of tracking back in particular against Man United at the Emirates. At the other end he was a creator of many of our attacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Couldn't care less about Leicester to be honest. It's grand and all that a team other than the traditional top 5 teams is up there but if Arsenal aren't winning it then I couldn't give a toss.

The best thing about the Foxes winning the league is it shows organisation and strong team spirit and work ethic will get you far. If Arsenal could marry those traits to a bit of class then we'd be fighting for the title every year. Wenger needs to learn a bit from them instead of harping on about beating them twice this season

Was the absence of Santi the biggest part of our collapse folks? I'm inclined to think it was.

He was working ferociously on the pitch for us doing alot of tracking back in particular against Man United at the Emirates. At the other end he was a creator of many of our attacks

I think his absence has been way overplayed. He's a good player and all but he's had his fair share of below par performances. We've had a bad season and I think people are just looking for any kind of an excuse or explanation.

Don't get me wrong - he was definitely a loss but I think him being fit wouldn't have won us the league or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

He was a big big loss but it's like we're always missing a jigsaw piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Meh, happy for Leicester - Genuinely...but it should have been us.

Meh, happy for Leicester - Genuinely...but it should have been us.

It's criminal we weren't properly fighting for the title this season. It was a golden opportunity. Almost a sacking offence for Wenger - at the very least he should be brought in to explain himself to the board. But I suppose thats dependant on somebody actually caring!

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    It's criminal we weren't properly fighting for the title this season. It was a golden opportunity..........

Just on that note for a second: Golden opportunity - I don't think so - we never had a chance.

We're currently sitting on 64 points with 3 games to play, say we win two and lose one of our remaining fixtures...(optimistic)...so 70 points. So you say we've had a particularly bad season this year...?

Look at our points totals for the last ten seasons.

2005–06-67pts-4th place
    2006-07-68pts-4th place
    2007-08-83pts-3rd place
    2008-09-72pts-4th place
    2009-10-75pts-3rd place
    2010-11-68pts-4th place
    2011-12-70pts-3rd place
    2012-13-73pts-4th place
    2013-14-79pts-4th place
    2014-15-75pts--3rd place

10 years worth of points = 730

730 divided by 10 seasons = 73 (our average)
    Statistically we're not having a bad year at all, win our three remaining fixtures and we're exactly where we always are, 73 points and 3rd or 4th place. It's not Leicester or Spurs who have taken this from us, we were never in it. We will finish where we always finish.

Put that against Leicester having already gotten to 76 points with three games left. Say they get 4 points from their remaining 3 games that's a total of 80. In only one season of our last ten we have surpassed 80 points.

We were never actually in the running for the title because of being severely handicapped by our manager. We have to accept that this is his level now. We also have to accept there is at least one more year of this.

You can only take each season on its merits and we did have a golden opportunity this season that we might never have again.

I'm as big a critic as anyone else at this stage but we were top of the table for a while and should've pushed on

sonic85 wrote: »
    You can only take each season on its merits and we did have a golden opportunity this season that we might never have again.

I'm as big a critic as anyone else at this stage but we were top of the table for a while and should've pushed on

I heard a stat yesterday that we were on top of the table at some point every season bar one over the last ten years, means nothing. There was a big deal made a few seasons ago that we were the best team over a "calender year"... who cares, who gives a shyte. It's about being top at the end of the season. We're exactly where we always finish, we're not going to magically get better after 10 seasons of mediocrity. Points totals are points totals, they're a true reflection of a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

If Spurs finish below arsenal, Poch deserves the sack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Haha given how we're playing I'd say that's impossible. Although it would bring a small smile to our faces to finish ahead of spurs

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I wouldn’t say he’s the biggest part of our collapse, that honour lies with Wenger. Santi has been badly missed though this season, his injury has hit us harder than any other. He is very underrated in general, mostly by those who tend to have very, er, ‘English’ preconceptions of how a central midfielder should play. The quality of our play and our ability to control games drops off so much when he’s absent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Considering I fully expect to finish 5th with United ahead of us, I really don't understand how anyone thinks it's even possible for Spurs to finish below us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And if he was sacked I'd hope we'd snap him up.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Considering I fully expect to finish 5th with United ahead of us, I really don't understand how anyone thinks it's even possible for Spurs to finish below us.

Highly unlikely, but hey.....people were saying Spurs were going to crush West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Gringo180 wrote: »

For alot of people that'll probably be the case, however, in my lifetime I still think Nottingham Forests achievement is greater, league champions & then back to back european cup winners... Should Leicester repeat that, well, let the debate commence.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Fair play to them. I'd be right behind that if I was going to the game.

Oh and also would like to throw this in there

**** Leicester this should have been our league but our inept Manager ****ed it away

Oh and also would like to throw this in there

**** Leicester this should have been our league but our inept Manager ****ed it away

You forgot the :P

If you're serious, then that's equally wrong and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Quazzie wrote: »

If it happens, it might galvanise some action at stale Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Kronke is useless I think. I hope I’m proved wrong but KSE’s record regarding other teams they own is not good.
    They own:
    Denver Nuggets – owned them for 16 years – no nba titles ever. 3 divisional titles in 16 years. No divisional titles in 6 years. Only ever gotten past the first round of the playoffs ONCE. Pathetic.
    Colorado Avalanche in ice hockey. Same as the nuggets. 16 years. They were actually a top team when he took over ownership, that continued for the first couple of years, with a Stanley cup in 2001 and divisional titles in 02 and 03. Once the contracts of the star players ran out though, Kronke-rot set in, no success since 2003. 2 playoff appearances since 2008. Absoultely pathetic. Destroyed the avalance to be honest.
    Colorado Rapids: bought them in 2004, won the MLS cup once, in 2010. But since 2007 have only gotten into the playoffs 3 times. Since 2004 only gone into the CONCACF champs league ONCE. Another pathetic outfit.
    And the infamous St. Louis, LA rams.

Ah I’m annoyed now.

I'm a Rams fan as well. I feel like he's doubly screwing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Basil3 wrote: »

When are you going to get off your ****ing high horse and stop belittling people?

When are you going to get off your ****ing high horse and stop belittling people?

Sorry, mate....I forgot the imho :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well of course it's in your opinion. You wrote it. The only one that posts someone elses opinion around here is Johnny :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Yeah no seriously though It's getting tiresome all you do Is defend everything and anything Arsenal no matter how ridiculous and then just make a joke of people's opinions cause they're not the same as yours.

At least Greendom Is classy you're just a... well, I'm sure you know.

I was serious ? Why what's wrong about it ? who else threw it away for us then ? yes the players did aswell but the manager is the one who buys,picks and tells them how to play

and if what I said is sad...Then you're in the wrong forum mate best head off to the chelsea/liverpool/ 5year olds thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gazidis has been very very quite for a while now.

Hopefully he's arranging for a new manager to take over.

Yeah no seriously though It's getting tiresome all you do Is defend everything and anything Arsenal no matter how ridiculous and then just make a joke of people's opinions cause they're not the same as yours.

At least Greendom Is classy you're just a... well, I'm sure you know.

Sorry if I don't agree with sensationalist bollix to make a point. I can understand why people want Wenger to leave, I wouldn't mind if he did myself. To say that it's entirely his fault for our failings this year is.....well, I'm sure you know.

I was serious ? Why what's wrong about it ? who else threw it away for us then ? yes the players did aswell but the manager is the one who buys,picks and tells them how to play

and if what I said is sad...Then you're in the wrong forum mate best head off to the chelsea/liverpool/ 5year olds thread

Ah, so it was the players as well.

Nice to see that if I don't agree with expletive rants, then I can **** off. Lovely.

• Advertisement

Excuse me you're the one that belittled my post ...I said nothing about you'res I simply defended my own post

Excuse me you're the one that belittled my post ...I said nothing about you'res I simply defended my own post

I was having a go at your post, you are having a go at me. I didn't tell you to go to another forum, you're fully entitled to post what you want :)

Yeah okay fare enough lets just leave it at that I apologize for over reacting I'm just sick of people gushing over Leicester (in here included) when we so royally blew our 1st massive (And realistic) chance in a long time and have no excuse this time either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We need our own forum like the Spurs crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

This thread alone can be mindnumbing at times, a whole forum and we'd all be on yellows...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement