Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Right now, no he's not the atmosphere sucks, but there are many reasons for that and most of them fall back on Wenger...

Please do show me where I have attacked him or made something up about him. You won't be able to.

I can't speak for everybody but I don't recall anyone putting words In his mouth either and personal attacks? Come on man we're on a little forum here no professional football manager Is getting personally attacked.

Only the first part of the post was directly aimed at you.

The second part was more about pundits and reporters using very selective quotes to build whole articles based on one or two comments during a media event. See what he actually said on arseblog and you will see that the articles being published now are on two consecutive sentences, whereas earlier in the interview he admits that he and the rest of the team are frustrated and disappointed and that he understands the frustration of the fans.

The personal attacks aren't really seen on here but are fairly visible without looking too hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only if we were performing better. If he was doing all those things and we were in the same position in the league, it wouldn't be any different.

If he was doing all those things we would be performing better... that's the whole point.
    farna_boy wrote: »
    Only the first part of the post was directly aimed at you.

The second part was more about pundits and reporters using very selective quotes to build whole articles based on one or two comments during a media event. See what he actually said on arseblog and you will see that the articles being published now are on two consecutive sentences, whereas earlier in the interview he admits that he and the rest of the team are frustrated and disappointed and that he understands the frustration of the fans.

The personal attacks aren't really seen on here but are fairly visible without looking too hard.

My questions were regarding the first part of your post, I very rarely say anything about Wenger and I certainly don't attack him or say anything mindless.

As for posters, I don't think I attack them either, I just get fed up reading the same stuff everyday and seeing people jump to Arsenal and Arsene's defence at any opportunity. I understand If people are making reasonable points but for the most part they don't. So please don't label me unless you have something to back It up with.

That's the way the media works I'm afraid, It's always been that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

wonga77 wrote: »
    "Away from home we are the title winners." Bizarre comment as Leicester and Spurs have picked up more points on their travels than us

He said some very daft things this morning and took a few potshots at the fans which is incredibly stupid considering they were already planning a protest tomorrow. Just giving them more ammo as if it was needed

Hard to believe he's actually said that!

384622.png

If he was doing all those things we would be performing better... that's the whole point.

Yeah, theoretically. As we've seen with the performances of a lot of teams this season, it doesn't guarantee anything.

In any case, Wenger doesn't help himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

L'prof wrote: »
    Hard to believe he's actually said that!]

Indeed. Does he not realise stats are easily attained to prove him wrong. We lost twice to Chelsea. Took 1pt against West Ham. We actually have a good record against the smaller teams. Its nowhere near the reason for our underachievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Yeah, theoretically. As we've seen with the performances of a lot of teams this season, it doesn't guarantee anything.

In any case, Wenger doesn't help himself.

It guarantee's a better of chance of the players and team as a whole performing better and more to their potential In turn being better for the club the fans and everyone Involved.

Even the Pro Wenger people on here or the people who love him and don't want people bitching about him know he should go and agree he should go so I'm not going to ramble on about him but as you say, he does himself no favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

In regards to replacements for Wenger, obviously Simeone would be the dream replacement but not likely to happen, although i'd have no issue with Koeman or Bilic managing Arsenal. 2 young enough managers still hungry for trophies who are clearly more than capable of managing in the premier league. Wengers hunger isnt there any more like it was 15 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He actually said the team has character. Hilarious. Teams with character don't fall apart and capitulate when they go first in the league, they go on and win it. And players with character don't jump out of 50/50 challenges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't know any of those foreign managers as i don't watch continental football. Those names mean little to me.
    I just want a motivator who is not one-dimensional. Someone who can adjust styles to whoever we are playing. I want someone who is confident, good tactically and not up the Board's ar*e all the time, someone who will actually talk to the fans and keep them informed of what's happening, not continually lie to them and not look down his nose at them.
    I'd say there's plenty of suitable candidates on the up around who would jump at the chance for a lot less than 7 million a year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Our attitude has been impeccable from day one this season."

I really take issue with this. He surely cant think that in private.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wenger saying we lost it at home and that we were champions away is another example of his delusion.

These were some of the away results I saw posted over on Arsenal Mania. Make up your own mind....

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal
    WBA 2-1 Arsenal
    Norwich 1-1 Arsenal
    Southampton 4-0 Arsenal
    Liverpool 3-3 Arsenal
    Stoke 0-0 Arsenal
    Man Utd 3-2 Arsenal
    Spurs 2-2 Arsenal
    West Ham 3-3 Arsenal
    Sunderland 0-0 Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

omega man wrote: »
    Wenger saying we lost it at home and that we were champions away is another example of his delusion.

i dont know which is worse: The fact that he believes this or that he thinks other people will believe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

wawaman wrote: »
    wenger blaming the fans this morning. thats a sure fire way to get everyone back on board

If he cant blame oil money, blame the fans. The man always has an excuse for under performing. Tomorrows protest inside the stadium should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Part of me still wants him to turn it around, we know he's going to see out his contract. But he's not going to do anything different this summer, or next season, sane old guff. Honestly we'll finish sixth or seventh next season.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Part of me still wants him to turn it around, we know he's going to see out his contract. But he's not going to do anything different this summer, or next season, sane old guff. Honestly we'll finish sixth or seventh next season.

This is said after every season. Not that I'd be surprised if we actually do, but somehow he always manages to do just enough.

Either he spends big this summer, or he doesn't and the incoming manager the following year has plenty of cash to play with. One can only hope.

This is said after every season. Not that I'd be surprised if we actually do, but somehow he always manages to do just enough.

Either he spends big this summer, or he doesn't and the incoming manager the following year has plenty of cash to play with. One can only hope.

He won't turn it around. It will get worse.
    He manages to do just enough to get fourth and that's not enough for me. I want to win the EPL. I know where he can stick his fourth.

He won't turn it around. It will get worse.
    He manages to do just enough to get fourth and that's not enough for me. I want to win the EPL. I know where he can stick his fourth.

I'm referring to us finishing 6th or 7th. We all want to win the league....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

In kind of unrelated news this popped up on my facebook feed today

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/04/29/picture-stupid-arsenal-stopper-wojciech-szczesny-shares-photo-of-goalkeeping-gaffe/

A really lazy article which heavily criticized Chesney for an Instagram post he made, obviously written by someone who is not a fan.
    A while late and after a fair bit of abuse they sack the guy who wrote the article

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2016/04/29/official-caughtoffside-sack-writer-bernard-thompson-after-unfair-abuse-of-arsenal-goalkeeper/

Hopefully we beat Norwich today I wanna see them and Sunderland go down. There's something about Alex Neil and his post match interviews that makes me want Norwich relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Hopefully we beat Norwich today I wanna see them and Sunderland go down. There's something about Alex Neil and his post match interviews that makes me want Norwich relegated.

The question is a draw or a loss today for Arsenal? We appear to have forgotten how to win.

• Advertisement

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    The question is a draw or a loss today for Arsenal? We appear to have forgotten how to win.

Last Prem defeat was 8 matches ago. Maybe they've forgotten how to lose? :p

He appears more rattled this season. Perhaps it is beginning to sink in? I think he will go one more season with Arsenal. As far as spending big, no chance. He may buy 2-3 players, but not necessarily the right fit to give us the edge, as he himself is not the right fit anymore, IMO

Last Prem defeat was 8 matches ago. Maybe they've forgotten how to lose? :p

I said how to win, not lose

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    I said how to win, not lose

But what I said has more logic. They draw one match, and they've forgotten how to win?

They haven't lost in 8 matches, so why is that a logical expectation from today?

But what I said has more logic. They draw one match, and they've forgotten how to win?

They haven't lost in 8 matches, so why is that a logical expectation from today?

In the last 4 matches, three draws and one win. So the probability on that, is another draw?

Anyway the team is so unpredictable, we could win well or be hammered.

We will win our last two home games easily enough.
    We are up against poor opposition as these two will drop.

It will not paper over the obvious cracks though. We are not good enough under Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

I don't want to see Norwich go down. If for no other reason than the national team would have two less players in top flight competition.

Interesting game today - any team news?

sonic85 wrote: »
    I don't want to see Norwich go down. If for no other reason than the national team would have two less players in top flight competition.

Interesting game today - any team news?

Apart from Santi and Ox being available again, not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Isn't this the first game of the season where everyone is fit?

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »

If so I fully expect at least 2 injuries for us today

You have to be fit and ready for the summer holidays surely.

Unchanged starting 11 today. Santi on the bench.

Great looking bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Is Wenger wrong? Atmosphere is ****e, and it's generally pretty important in home games.

Atmosphere is ****e in most stadiums in England not just the Emirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Santi back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've always liked Arsenal you know. ;)

13 hours without a goal for Giroud. Pretty crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's mental alright. Is he starting today?

I want some revenge on Norwich. The away game was one of the low points this season.

2 nil to the Arse

It's mental alright. Is he starting today?

I want some revenge on Norwich. The away game was one of the low points this season.
    Yes

• Advertisement

Fairly poor pre match protest apparently

Fewer than 100 Arsenal fans congregating on the roundabout opposite the Armoury for their #TimeToChange protest.

https://twitter.com/goonertalk/status/726444872920666113

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger calling on fans to put things in perspective, he's fcuking delusion

He treats Arsenal fans like they are think with constant comments like this

Perspective is lacking I feel

mansize wrote: »
    Fairly poor pre match protest apparently

Fewer than 100 Arsenal fans congregating on the roundabout opposite the Armoury for their #TimeToChange protest.

https://twitter.com/goonertalk/status/726444872920666113

I think that's proof if it was needed that nothing will change at the club for the forseeable future. The majority are obviously still happy enough with things

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

mansize wrote: »
    Perspective is lacking I feel

It sure is with Arsene

sonic85 wrote: »
    I think that's proof if it was needed that nothing will change at the club for the forseeable future. The majority are obviously still happy enough with things

I don't know if they're happy, just not unhappy enough to protest.

Unfortunately, Arsenal need a season as bad as some of the other 'big clubs' for something to happen.

Jesus we do so much messing around the box it's unreal. Create a couple of yards and have an effing go

Fairly mealy mouthed "protest"

Co commentator - "be very careful what you wish for" and "all Arsenal need is two or three more players in the summer". We've been waiting years for two or three more players mate

how many championships has Ranieri won???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement