Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good luck Arsenal, we all want Pep to come to England to play in the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

RobertKK wrote: »
    Good luck Arsenal, we all want Pep to come to England to play in the Europa League.

It would be funny I'll admit, but equally so if Mourinho were to suffer the same fate. Top 4 and an FA Cup and can Gaal is probably yours for another season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Really hope we beat Man City today. Would be nice to put them in the Europa league and would probably keep Van Gaal at United and Mourinho away. Win all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Good Luck lads and lassies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So it seems that Alexis stormed into the dressing room and out of the stadium before the match had ended last week after being substituted.

I know loads of people will use this as a stick to beat Wenger with but that behaviour is just not on at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    So it seems that Alexis stormed into the dressing room and out of the stadium before the match had ended last week after being substituted.

I know loads of people will use this as a stick to beat Wenger with but that behaviour is just not on at all.

There were rumours though of Wenger losing the dressingroom and players not being happy with team selections, substitutions and tactics. Nobody wants to see that especially as Wenger is sure to stay for another 3 years. I wonder if we'll see Alexis on the team-sheet today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Good to see he genuinely cares about his football though instead of being happy to just pick up his pay cheque every week.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Good to see he genuinely cares about his football though instead of being happy to just pick up his pay cheque every week.

He took him off in the 85th minute when we were leading 1-0.

Pretty over the top tbh. Passion isn't an excuse.

I'm sure that Dembele was very passionate when he gouged a olayer last week.

There were rumours though of Wenger losing the dressingroom and players not being happy with team selections, substitutions and tactics. Nobody wants to see that especially as Wenger is sure to stay for another 3 years. I wonder if we'll see Alexis on the team-sheet today.

Were the rumours started in this thread? :pac:

I don't understand players not being happy with team selections or tactics. Team selection and tactics aren't what have cost us from winning matches that we should have won of late. As I didn't read about the rumours, which players would be aggrieved enough to make an issue of this?

I can understand players being unhappy with not being selected, but I also don't think there are any amazing players that aren't being selected or getting playing time. Maybe Joel Campbell could feel a bit aggrieved, but he's the only one I can think of.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Were the rumours started in this thread? :pac:

I don't understand players not being happy with team selections or tactics. Team selection and tactics aren't what have cost us from winning matches that we should have won of late. As I didn't read about the rumours, which players would be aggrieved enough to make an issue of this?

I can understand players being unhappy with not being selected, but I also don't think there are any amazing players that aren't being selected or getting playing time. Maybe Joel Campbell could feel a bit aggrieved, but he's the only one I can think of.

Those rumours were all around London for some time. I didn't see anything on here about it either. But it would explain why Alexis chose to storm out. As i said nobody wants to see that.

• Advertisement

Those rumours were all around London for some time. I didn't see anything on here about it either. But it would explain why Alexis chose to storm out. As i said nobody wants to see that.

Of all people, Alexis should be happy. Wenger switching him to the right has given him a new lease of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I wonder did he needlessly cut inside one last time before he stormed out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Of all people, Alexis should be happy. Wenger switching him to the right has given him a new lease of life.

I know what you're saying but none of our players should be happy about the way the season has panned out. They have messed up another season collectively, so I hope the players are unhappy.

He took him off in the 85th minute when we were leading 1-0.

Pretty over the top tbh. Passion isn't an excuse.

I'm sure that Dembele was very passionate when he gouged a olayer last week.

This is the same player that says he feels sad when training is over. Maybe it was just a heat of the moment kind of thing I think you're making a bit much of it.

Mad looking back on the season at different points and what we imagined would be riding on this match.

After our poor season they should all be happy to still be playing at all.
    I can't pick out too many players who has an excellent season.
    But maybe the manager is their scapegoat as the buck stops with him.
    I'd say we will see a few of them on the transfer list in the summer.

I know what you're saying but none of our players should be happy about the way the season has panned out. They have messed up another season collectively, so I hope the players are unhappy.

Oh yeah, of course. Poor season all around. I don't think the players can be that unhappy at tactics and selections though, we have often put out a team that is more than capable of winning a match, and they haven't done the business.

Interesting thing is that at the halfway stage of this season, we were at the top of the table, and I think everyone was feeling pretty positive. The reality is that even if we performed as well as the first half of the season through the remainder, we still wouldn't have won the league. We still needed an extra gear to go to that just isn't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Seems we're being linked to 20-year-old Bolton defender Rob Holding. Sounds like a Wenger signing.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/bolton-defender-left-out-as-arsenal-rumours-intensify/

This is the same player that says he feels sad when training is over. Maybe it was just a heat of the moment kind of thing I think you're making a bit much of it.

Yeah possibly.

Hopefully it was a generally pissed off thing rather than storming out.

• Advertisement

Seems we're being linked to 20-year-old Bolton defender Rob Holding. Sounds like a Wenger signing.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/05/bolton-defender-left-out-as-arsenal-rumours-intensify/

Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if that was Wengers "answer" to our obvious problems at the back.

Wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if that was Wengers "answer" to our obvious problems at the back.

Our obvious problems at the back aren't nearly as obvious as our problems at the front.

Our obvious problems at the back aren't nearly as obvious as our problems at the front.

Our problems at the back have to be fixed nevertheless.
    It's no good having clean sheets against the smaller clubs if you are going to concede silly goals against the better ones.
    We do need a good striker though who will get 25 goals a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We already have Chambers for the future, unless this guy is better than him then I don't see what the point of signing him would be. We need a cb that's the finished article not another kid.

No but there's not much between them. Striker should be the priority for this summer though.

@Arsenal: The starting XI is out for #MCFCvAFC... pic.twitter.com/3cACkfGNWF

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/729310017850097664

No Ozil. Giroud and Welbeck both starting. Interesting.

Ozil has slight hip injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just need to win by 14 today to go back to second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Just knew Spurs would drop points today.

Unfortunately Newcastle may have nothing to play for against Spurs next weekend.

Over to us now. COYG

greendom wrote: »
    I think in the main they do. Not 100% of the time though and that's the problem

Anything less then 100% is not enough so im afraid, in the main they dont

Our bench has some decent players, but it's definitely a bunch of lightweights.

Ah Jaysus, Niall feckin Quinn :mad:

or Mother Teresa to some.

• Advertisement

Ah Jaysus, Niall feckin Quinn :mad:

Bellerin is the best fullback in the league, dontcha know? :pac:

Welbeck needs to wake up already. Gave the ball away twice already in good positions of attack.

Do any of our team know the match has started? Ridiculous.

Same ol same ol. Crap defending.

Same ol same ol. Crap defending.

City trying their best to outdo us there

Making city look good as only we can.

Then he scores....!

GIROUD!!!!!

Ha ha Giroud with a great header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

You handsome bastard Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

1-1 Giroud header from corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

We're all over the place

We need a big bully of a CB badly.

Ffs Sanchez, losing the ball so easy

Jack coming on to cement his England place??

Poor Danny.

There is absolutely no control in our play. It's painful to watch.

Shambolic defending there. The Marx Brothers.

The pitch must be like an ice rink with players slipping all the time.

Jack goes in hard despite just back from long injury and the Euros coming, fair play.

• Advertisement

Has Giroud controlled any passes to him yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement