Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

10 unbeaten in the league, what a team.

Thank god its Villa next week. I mean surely we aren't that septic that we'd f*ck it up against Villa?

Kinda scary that we can still miss top 4.

Hammers v United is gonna be a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Their manager going has what to do with their performance?

It shows there more passionate about there manager whos off in the summer than our lads are about ours who will be in his 19th season in charge next season. We are going nowhere under Wenger.

10 unbeaten in the league, what a team.

Where are we in the calendar year table? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lots of love for Arsenal from United fans.

The team never gave up when behind.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    It shows there more passionate about there manager whos off in the summer than our lads are about ours who will be in his 19th season in charge next season. We are going nowhere under Wenger.

No, it doesn't show that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not a glittering performance but plenty of fight and grit to grind out the draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

3rd Guaranteed

I hope

Basil3 wrote: »

Whats the difference anyways whether we finish top 4? It will still be the same ****e next season, rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement

No, it doesn't show that at all.

Really? They were the only team that were looking like they actually wanted to win the game.

Whats the difference anyways whether we finish top 4? It will still be the same ****e next season, rinse and repeat.

I quite like watching Champion's League football. I prefer watching Arsenal in it, to not watching Arsenal in it. Call me crazy.

Where are we in the calendar year table? :D

Up to 7th!

Are you for real?? With all due respect thats a retarded comment?
    You honestly think they were playing for him?

Really? They were the only team that were looking like they actually wanted to win the game.

Errrr.....they really really needed to win that match to leave their destiny in their own hands. Did you not get the memo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Hammers v United is gonna be a big one.

If we lost at home to Villa to allow that we'd have no excuses and would deserve it.

Fancy West Ham to beat Utd anyway.

• Advertisement

I quite like watching Champion's League football. I prefer watching Arsenal in it, to not watching Arsenal in it. Call me crazy.

Exactly,its a crazy way of looking at it but im the same as you

Are you for real?? With all due respect thats a retarded comment?
    You honestly think they were playing for him?

Yes. Hes the man in charge the last time I looked.

We really missed Ozil's vision today but the accusations that this team has no bottle or fight were well wide of the mark today

I would prefer watching it too if we could actually compete in the latter stages of it. We have zero chance of winning it until there is a change in management. We got the result today but we are absolutely pathetic yet again.

Yes. Hes the man in charge the last time I looked.

Jesus i have to leave this argument you're contradicting yourself

• Advertisement

Ethiad empty for end of season walk about. Feel for Pellegrini

Have to say City fans are disgusting for not staying behind to thank Pellegrini. Once upon a time they needed heroics from paul dickov and Nicky weaver to get them promoted from what is now league 1.

I'm as fed up as anyone with Wenger but I'd definitely thank him for his huge contribution to the club. Granted both respective manager has had different tenure lengths and different pressures

Plastic fans, shown up today. Remember this when they are winning things with pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

omega man wrote: »
    Ethiad empty for end of season walk about. Feel for Pellegrini

Disgraceful, he deserved better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Meh, I thought that was OK.

Not enough cohesion but a midfield of Ramsey, Elneny, Iwobi, Sanchez is always going to struggle at the posession game.

Thought we were snappy enough around the pīch in the second half though. Fought for the ball a lot.

Thought Jack brought a lot today, great to see him back.

Would have loved to have seen Santi back too but when we levelled at 2 all Wenger changed his mind.

Hopefully Sunderland don't win mid week so Newcastle give Spurs a game of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Very sad times to be a Arsenal fan, just a total poisonous attitude around the place in the stands and on the forums. Infighting certainly at a all time high. If Wenger does stay another year, he needs to go out and spend like he's never spent before. change the tactics around and sell off a few of the duds in the squad. He can't come out with the same old tired clichés and he needs to cut the B.S out. I don't see anything changing, sure he spend a bit but I see the same old mistakes turning up. I think Wenger should step down but we know he won't.

The game was very much a game of two massively underachieving sides. City were the better team and deserved to win. Augero and De Bruyne were excellent but City's defence without Kompany is as bad as ours. I thought Wilshire was our best player today, he brings that extra quality in us. Ramsey is shocking, clearly jumping out of tackles so he won't miss out on the Euro's. Giroud worked hard but he's not a First team striker. Elneny played well and he's the best thing about our Season. Iwobi, I think has faded a bit in the last few weeks. He turn good in the future. Alexis aside from the goal was in and out. Poor Welbeck, feel for the lad.

The Ozil thing is interesting, I think their is more behind it then a simple injury. He has over the last two to three months hasn't looked interested at all. He cuts a forlorn figure on the pitch at times. Can't blame him. Wouldn't be surprised if wanted out, hope it's not true but I fully expect one of Alexis or Ozil to leave this summer.

Would like to see us take it bloody serious and go all out to win it. No point been in it if you ain't wanting to win it. I'm fed up seen us been dumped out by Barca and Bayern.

greendom wrote: »
    We really missed Ozil's vision today but the accusations that this team has no bottle or fight were well wide of the mark today

They don't have any bottle or fight, they blew their best chance of winning the PL and never showed any fight or bottle when they were in the title chase. Couldn't care less if they showed it today, City should have put us to the sword. The side in Wenger prime years had bottle and fight, this is a bunch of bottler we have today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

How many times has Cech been beaten at the near post this season? Terrible

this is from 7amkickoff. after the palace at home - 4 games & 3 cleans sheets ago now.
    i can't remember the goals, so not sure if it's a weakness in his game or a outlier this season
    10 – Goals Arsenal have conceded from outside the 18 yard box this season (2nd worst in the League)
    9 – Number of those goals conceded by Cech
    3 – Goals Arsenal conceded from distance in 2014/15 (best in the League)
    5 – Goals Arsenal conceded from distance in 2013/14 (2nd best in the League)
    2 – Goals Chelsea conceded from distance that season (13/14) with Cech as their keeper
    50 – Shots on target Cech has faced from distance this season
    18 – Percent of shots on target from distance Cech is conceding this season
    8 – Percent of shots on target from distance that Arsenal conceded with Szczpina last season
    8 – Percent of shots on target from distance that Szczesny conceded in 2013/14
    6 – Percent of shots on target from distance that Cech conceded in 2013/14
    202 – Shots Arsenal have faced from distance this season (Arsenal’s defense is set up to limit the opposition to shooting from distance because it is a low percentage shot)
    5 – Percent of those shots the opposition is scoring
    3.5 – Percent of shots from distance that the opposition is scoring in all games in the Premier League this season
    http://news.arseblog.com/2016/04/arsenal-1-1-cry-pal-by-the-numbers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Great assist and goal from Giroud.
    Can't see us catching Spurs though, Newcastle will be relegated by Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

mansize wrote: »
    Great assist and goal from Giroud.
    Can't see us catching Spurs though, Newcastle will be relegated by Sunday.

If they can beat Villa 13-0 they'll have a 65% chance :p

L'prof wrote: »
    If they can beat Villa 13-0 they'll have a 65% chance :p

Yeah I was looking at the Goal Difference.

Not many goals scored in the league this year, was there?

mansize wrote: »
    Yeah I was looking at the Goal Difference.

Not many goals scored in the league this year, was there?

Not enough by Arsenal anyway. Funny thing is, overall Giroud and Sanchez have been no worse than in previous seasons when fit. Obviously not getting enough goals from the rest of the team though and Giroud doesn't get enough to be our 1st choice striker. They make up for almost 43% of our league goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Looper007 wrote: »
    Very sad times to be a Arsenal fan, just a total poisonous attitude around the place in the stands and on the forums. Infighting certainly at a all time high. If Wenger does stay another year, he needs to go out and spend like he's never spent before. change the tactics around and sell off a few of the duds in the squad. He can't come out with the same old tired clichés and he needs to cut the B.S out. I don't see anything changing, sure he spend a bit but I see the same old mistakes turning up. I think Wenger should step down but we know he won't.

The game was very much a game of two massively underachieving sides. City were the better team and deserved to win. Augero and De Bruyne were excellent but City's defence without Kompany is as bad as ours. I thought Wilshire was our best player today, he brings that extra quality in us. Ramsey is shocking, clearly jumping out of tackles so he won't miss out on the Euro's. Giroud worked hard but he's not a First team striker. Elneny played well and he's the best thing about our Season. Iwobi, I think has faded a bit in the last few weeks. He turn good in the future. Alexis aside from the goal was in and out. Poor Welbeck, feel for the lad.

The Ozil thing is interesting, I think their is more behind it then a simple injury. He has over the last two to three months hasn't looked interested at all. He cuts a forlorn figure on the pitch at times. Can't blame him. Wouldn't be surprised if wanted out, hope it's not true but I fully expect one of Alexis or Ozil to leave this summer.

To be honest I don't think ozil has ever looked truly happy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

JustTheOne wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think ozil has ever looked truly happy here.

Well it's like hiring a master sculpture and giving him cheap own brand tools to work with then complaining when they don't produce another David.

He is surrounded by too many mediocre players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

All he needs is one proper out and out finisher to work with, he'd have about 25 assists a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

anyone know much about Jansen that we have been linked with. Scoring goals for fun in the erdivisie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Il leave this here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

HJlHnzn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I really, really wish I hadnt watched that.

wawaman wrote: »
    anyone know much about Jansen that we have been linked with. Scoring goals for fun in the erdivisie

Joining that illustrious club with Alfonso Alves, Jan Vennegor of Hesselink or ''Hatricky' von wolfswinkel :pac:

We'll hope he is more of a van persie though if he signs

Drexel wrote: »
    Il leave this here

The fūck was that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

The fūck was that?!

He is supposed to be a comedian. :pac:

• Advertisement

What holey hell of shít was that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

wawaman wrote: »

Looked great for Netherlands against England a couple of months back, got himself a goal and an assist. Looks a great prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Looper007 wrote: »

Possibly being stupidly optimistic, but did Ozil not speak in the last week and say he was happy at Arsenal and still had things he wanted to achieve here?

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Possibly being stupidly optimistic, but did Ozil not speak in the last week and say he was happy at Arsenal and still had things he wanted to achieve here?

Ozil was close to getting the record no of assists in premier league history this season. You don't get that if you're surrounded with dross. He was setting up Giroud fairly regularly earlier on in the season. I'm at a loss as to why that seemed to come to end over the last couple of months but I'm sure there are plenty on here who can put me right!

greendom wrote: »
    Ozil was close to getting the record no of assists in premier league history this season. You don't get that if you're surrounded with dross. He was setting up Giroud fairly regularly earlier on in the season. I'm at a loss as to why that seemed to come to end over the last couple of months but I'm sure there are plenty on here who can put me right!

Dunno about putting you right about anything, but Giroud's goal yesterday was his 1st since 8th March. That's 2 months of football! That's just criminal and if we can't find a top top (hate that term :p) striker then we're in for another disappointing season next year!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement