Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rumours also of Sanchez being off to Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Rumours also of Sanchez being off to Juve

I like Sanchez but not irreplaceable,would rather keep Özil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'd rather keep both...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FixitFelix wrote: »

Yes but it would still be a bit of a kick in the nuts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Not surprised if Sanchez and ozil leave.

Why would they stay?

All of the great players we have had the last few years had to leave to win proper trophies.

No different this time around.

• Advertisement

Maybe we could go after Martial after all we'll have CL next season United won't. He looks very like TH when he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'm hoping Arteta stays. We've been letting vastly experienced players go for years that could add something in a coaching capacity. Henry and Viera are the two big ones but Tony Adams Emmanuel Petit Ray Parlour and Gilberto are examples of players who I'd love to see being involved in the club in some capacity. The advice they could give to some of the younger players would be priceless.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Not surprised if Sanchez and ozil leave.

Why would they stay?

All of the great players we have had the last few years had to leave to win proper trophies.

No different this time around.

Both won't be allowed leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Both won't be allowed leave

If big enough bids came in would the club not listen to them though? I'd say both could leave if the right money was on the table.

sonic85 wrote: »
    If big enough bids came in would the club not listen to them though? I'd say both could leave if the right money was on the table.

Enough money at the club now,don't need to sell players

• Advertisement

Now tomorrow we need Sunderland to lose and Norwich to win to ensure Newcastle have something to play for on Sunday.

Enough money at the club now,don't need to sell players

Good one. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Jesus wept

We have 2 WC players one of which is Sanchez, we couldnt find a single player to improve our outfield squad last season and now Sanchez is not irreplaceable?

No disrespect but it's stuff like this that keeps Wenger in a job and our club owners continuously living in mediocre land, the problem is we have too many that share your empity

Sanchez leaving would be a fcukin disaster we need to add WC talent not lose it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Here's hoping he can come back and make an impact

https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/729794066729316353

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/730311920553762816?lang=en

This is been widely reported now so you would assume it has some legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

L'prof wrote: »
    Here's hoping he can come back and make an impact

https://twitter.com/BCFC/status/729794066729316353

Anyone seen much of Toral this season? What kind of player is he/who is he comparable to? Haven't seen any of him myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

wawaman wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/730311920553762816?lang=en

This is been widely reported now so you would assume it has some legs

looks like it is a done deal already. Wenger doing business before the season ends. Now a quality Striker and Defender is all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Will be epic trolling if its our only signing this summer....

keano_afc wrote: »
    Will be epic trolling if its our only signing this summer....

The scary thing is that's completely plausible :D

Soups123 wrote: »
    Jesus wept

We have 2 WC players one of which is Sanchez, we couldnt find a single player to improve our outfield squad last season and now Sanchez is not irreplaceable?

No disrespect but it's stuff like this that keeps Wenger in a job and our club owners continuously living in mediocre land, the problem is we have too many that share your empity

Sanchez leaving would be a fcukin disaster we need to add WC talent not lose it

Yeah its post on boards thats keeping Wenger in a job!!
    I was talking if we had to lose one id rather it be Sanchez get over yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Of all the flavours available...

Of all the flavours available...

Problem? If there's something you'd like to say ill be happy to listen.

Problem? If there's something you'd like to say ill be happy to listen.

Not at all! Apparently you have a few though.

Not at all! Apparently you have a few though.

Thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

No not boards I mentioned within our support we have many other likeminded supporters. It's not a dig.

I just feel too many of our support accept mediocre and aren't demanding more from the club, like the embarrassing protest a couple of weeks back

Thought so

Are you like 12? Mad Internet hard man :L

Soups123 wrote: »
    No not boards I mentioned within our support we have many other likeminded supporters. It's not a dig.

I just feel too many of our support accept mediocre and aren't demanding more from the club, like the embarrassing protest a couple of weeks back

No problem i was replying to a post about 2 of them leaving,i said they wont be if we really had to lose one thats who id pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Good player Xhaka but I'd prefer a RW if we have to buy in midfield again instead of adding to the five players already vying for two positions. Still though at least it's something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It might not be the position you desperately need but you don't pass up on a player like Xhaka when you have the chance to sign them imo.

I'd Imagine Wenger is desperately trying to find a "Xhaka type" up front because to me he is the exact type of player you need.

At the level where he will sign for a club like Arsenal now but due to his potential in a year or two he might be a player that would only sign for a Barca / Madrid / Munich / PSG type club. It's like liverpool signing Suarez when they did or Dortmund getting Aubameyang fro St Etienne.

It does seem to be a lot tougher to identify the CF equivalent of that atm though... would love to see Arsenal give Zlatan a short term contract though.

It would also push Wilshere down into the Diaby role. A great bonus if he is fit and he can make a difference but you shouldnt be relying on him.

• Advertisement

My only worry would be Wenger trying to turn Xhaka into a Right Winger or Center Forward.

Xhaka is fond of an auld red card so I'm told, he'll love the premier league :D

My only worry would be Wenger trying to turn Xhaka into a Right Winger or Center Forward.

If anyone can, Xhaka can :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No sh1t, fantastic stuff If that cheeky smile means what I think It means. I'm not going to say oh this could mean Wenger Is turning things around but getting a deal done with PL games left to play and a fantastic young player at that Is promising stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Looking at our CMs (league starts in brackets)

Arteta (0)
    Flamini (12)
    Ramsey (29)
    Coquelin (20)
    Elneny (9)
    Cazorla (14)
    Wilshere (0)

League starts in brackets.

That's for two places. Assuming Wilshere will cover for Ozil in the #10 if/when needed & the fact that he simply can't be relied on to stay fit you've got 4 players for 2 places.

Elneny will miss ~2 months thanks to the ACN and I've never been entirely convinced by Cazorla as a proper solution to the CM when Coquelin isn't beside him. Further to this; Ramsey never stays fit for a full season.

So you can see the need for Xhaka. You'll probably see Hayden, Toral or Bielik coming into the squad as further cover then even though we could probably do with signing a proper understudy to Coquelin.

Coquelin/Elneny
    Ramsey/Xhaka
    Ozil/Wilshere/Cazorla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Fantastic news. I look forward to seeing the new "Granit-Coq" combination in action. :D

I'll get my coat....

SkySter wrote: »
    Fantastic news. I look forward to seeing the new "Granit-Coq" combination in action. :D

I'll get my coat....

Nah, we need to offer silly money to the Mugsmashers for Emre Can.

A midfield of Xhaka-Can? Yes please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I guess we'll be signing a good striker next year so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

keano_afc wrote: »
    Nah, we need to offer silly money to the Mugsmashers for Emre Can.

A midfield of Xhaka-Can? Yes please.

What's Kaka up to these days?

Xhaka-Can-Kaka

Confirmed: Welbeck surgery to his knee to repair cartilage damage. Gone for NINE months

• Advertisement

It may sound horrible but hopefully this means Wenger really pushes for a world class striker with Welbz out for 9 months.

Feel bad for the guy, never liked him but he's been growing on me recently, always a hard worker.

Gutted for Welbeck he's a hero in my eyes. Surely Wenger will buy a striker now, with Danny out until next year he has to see that he can't rely on Giroud and Walcott.

Then again it's Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It may sound horrible but hopefully this means Wenger really pushes for a world class striker with Welbz out for 9 months.

Feel bad for the guy, never liked him but he's been growing on me recently, always a hard worker.

It's actually great if one would be worried about Wenger thinking Giroud and Wele is enough for the CF spot.

Feel bad for the chap though and wouldn't wish him any injuries like that.

Though a bit of an injury for Giroud in the last French game of the Euro's would be pretty useful in that regard too.

wawaman wrote: »
    Confirmed: Welbeck surgery to his knee to repair cartilage damage. Gone for NINE months

Nine months sounds a crazy long time for cartilage. He's definitely going to be missed. He provided my moment of the season vs Leicester.

Basil3 wrote: »
    He provided my moment of the season vs Leicester.

And last year away to United, even if his career with us doesn't amount to much he'll always be a legend to me for those 2 goals. Like this generations Kanu :D

If some of the more technically gifted players in the squad showed half the effort he does, we'd be much better off. He's not a world class striker IMO but he works his bollocks off.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Nine months sounds a crazy long time for cartilage. He's definitely going to be missed. He provided my moment of the season vs Leicester.
    Ah that false dawn to end all false dawns. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It has to be the training regime...how many injuries do we suffer compared with other clubs. As far as I know, Danny has been reasonably injury free during his career......until he joined Arsenal.

We seem to train like athletes built for the track rather than the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

No sh1t, fantastic stuff If that cheeky smile means what I think It means. I'm not going to say oh this could mean Wenger Is turning things around but getting a deal done with PL games left to play and a fantastic young player at that Is promising stuff.

All that smile means is that he's persuaded the board to stick an extra £10 on the offer price and expects it all to work out well

Andip wrote: »
    All that smile means is that he's persuaded the board to stick an extra £10 on the offer price and expects it all to work out well

Please, I was trying to live In the optimistic world just for even one day!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement