Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Rosicky gets a testimonial right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What a surprisingly hilarious day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

x PyRo wrote: »
    We're shit but knowing that the best Tottenham team in an absolute age are even shitter is priceless.

There is some satisfaction there.

Well, a lot, actually.

Yeeeeeeaaay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Think I'll have Lasagne for tea!

Wenger on it looking for long periods as though Tottenham would finish above Arsenal: "Many years it looked like that"

Oh Shade!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    Think I'll have Lasagne for tea!

I'll be having a rake of beers for this!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

mansize wrote: »
    Here's the article on the guardian for those that have run into the Irish Times ridiculous pay wall.

A scarcely believable end to the season to be honest, a few weeks back I didn't think we deserved to finish above Spurs, but wow, that's a collapse and a half.

2013-14 4th
    2014-15 3d
    2015-16 2nd
    2016-17 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Can you barbeque Lasagne?

gandalf wrote: »

Might be a bit dodgy 😜😜😜😂😂😂

• Advertisement

20 years Arsene finishes in the Top 4 each year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spurs collapsed though, they made it far too easy for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Spurs collapsed though, they made it far too easy for ya!

Thats the most enjoyable part of this

salmocab wrote: »
    Thats the most enjoyable part of this

Sweet salty tears

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Posted on a Spurs forum. Loving it.

"My phone is already ringing, Remember my wife's family has 24 Arsenal fans. Well done Poch. You have officially made me hate this season. I dont care that we finished third. We bottled it on the last day and lost 5-1 to a 10 man team. Do you understand how painful the next three months are going to be?"

gandalf wrote: »

They thrown a cockeral up on the barbeque in Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wenger just said in a interview that we'd try to add 3 new players to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Best game I've been to in years

• Advertisement

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

2013-14 4th 79pts
    2014-15 3d 75pts
    2015-16 2nd 71pts
    2016-17 ...

Points keep dropping, position keeps rising, Wenger truly is a genius. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So can we judge Wenger now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wenger just said in a interview that we'd try to add 3 new players to the squad.

It all comes down to are they players with 'potential' or the real deal. He can't have that long left in him as a manager, surely at this stage he'll forget about youth. If you could bring in two established players, one a winger and one a striker both good enough to start and another established player, probably a midfielder but maybe a centre back that's thereabouts in terms of starting it would make a big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Next job is to keep Alexis and ozil and add aubemyang xhaka and Diego godin. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Next job is to keep Alexis and ozil and add aubemyang xhaka and Diego godin. :):)
    I dunno, Messi's pretty decent these days, has to be worth a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The Kante rumours today are interesting. There are a lot of reasons it could happen, even if Xhaka comes too.

I dunno, Messi's pretty decent these days, has to be worth a punt.

I'd prefer to see Robbie Keane come in to be honest he's proved it with many teams and different leagues, he's the safer option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

The Spurs forum are trying to convince themselves it doesn't matter ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I'm softened up by a few beers here but I'm warming inside with the results today. To come second and deny Tottenham the bragging rights of who finished ahead doesn't fully compensate for ballsing up the league this year.....but it helps a lot!
    The one caveat is that this feeling won't carry into next year...we need a title and not this inferior bull**** of finishing ahead of that crowd of wasters from North London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

wawaman wrote: »
    The Spurs forum are trying to convince themselves it doesn't matter ��

From the point of view that they have automatic qualification for the Champions league it doesn't matter. That's also why it wasn't as big a deal for Arsenal fans this time around... however, for the hilarity of this all happening again it's pretty great :)

I'd prefer to see Robbie Keane come in to be honest he's proved it with many teams and different leagues, he's the safer option.

Probably his dream too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Does anyone know if finishing 2nd makes any difference with the Champions League draw. Pot 2 rather than 3 perhaps?

Can't believe Spurs threw that away. Unbelievable, we were so poor at times this season and they were so "brilliant" yet still finished below us.

I really hope those 3 additions are top draw and people will say that this season was their only chance to finish above us. More importantly that those 3 additions bring us the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's mental we stopped playing for nearly 2 and a half months and still finished 2nd ...What a terrible league it's been this year lets face it

Chelsea (lowest finishing champions ever)
    Liverpool (Rodgers effect in full swing)
    Man City (cut there own balls off by blowing there pep load early)
    United (.....erm...Louis Van Gaal is still in a job)
    Spurs (best season ever, still rubbish)
    Leicester (just a freak season had no europe , no real big injuries and played as if they were possesed )

Not sure what next season holds but I'm not afraid of Pep coming into City I'd bet most managers with a decent tactical brain could win la liga and the bundesliga with barca and bayern...he won't have it as easy over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's mental we stopped playing for nearly 2 and a half months and still finished 2nd ...What a terrible league it's been this year lets face it

Chelsea (lowest finishing champions ever)
    Liverpool (Rodgers effect in full swing)
    Man City (cut there own balls off by blowing there pep load early)
    United (.....erm...Louis Van Gaal is still in a job)
    Spurs (best season ever, still rubbish)
    Leicester (just a freak season had no europe , no real big injuries and played as if they were possesed )

Not sure what next season holds but I'm not afraid of Pep coming into City I'd bet most managers with a decent tactical brain could win la liga and the bundesliga with barca and bayern...he won't have it as easy over here
    Man City were relegated the year after winning the league so I'd say that Chelsea record is Premier League era only

greendom wrote: »
    Does anyone know if finishing 2nd makes any difference with the Champions League draw. Pot 2 rather than 3 perhaps?

Can't believe Spurs threw that away. Unbelievable, we were so poor at times this season and they were so "brilliant" yet still finished below us.

I really hope those 3 additions are top draw and people will say that this season was their only chance to finish above us. More importantly that those 3 additions bring us the league.

No difference. Some champs are in pot 1 automatically then the rest are based on coefficients. So Leicester will avoid Barcelona, PSG, Ajax and Bayern Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No difference. Some champs are in pot 1 automatically then the rest are based on coefficients. So Leicester will avoid Barcelona, PSG, Ajax and Bayern Munich.

Yes, and it looks like we'll be in pot 2 (10th in coefficients) avoiding both Madrids and Dortmund

http://www.skysports.ie/football/news/11661/10214759/leicester-to-be-placed-in-top-pot-for-champions-league-draw-if-they-win-premier-league

greendom wrote: »
    Yes, and it looks like we'll be in pot 2 (10th in coefficients) avoiding both Madrids and Dortmund

http://www.skysports.ie/football/news/11661/10214759/leicester-to-be-placed-in-top-pot-for-champions-league-draw-if-they-win-premier-league
    Barcelona or Bayern in the group then? :p

Barcelona or Bayern in the group then? :p

At least we'd avoid them in the second stage if we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Spurs hahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Does it matter who we get in the CL?
    We will go out at the same stage again anyway.

I rather we concentrated on having a go at the league and bought a few class players to do so.

Quazzie wrote: »
    At least we'd avoid them in the second stage if we do.

Get the others in the last 16 :p

Wenger just said in an interview that he expects Giroud to be the starting striker but with Welbeck injured he will be looking for a new striker. I really hope he's just being diplomatic and not trying to knock Giroud on a good day for him and really he wants to get someone better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger just said in an interview that he expects Giroud to be the starting striker but with Welbeck injured he will be looking for a new striker. I really hope he's just being diplomatic and not trying to knock Giroud on a good day for him and really he wants to get someone better.

He needs a CB asap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Don't think I could put up with another season of Giroud leading the line. Great on his day but his day isn't very often.

We should just heap money at Lyon for Lacazette, got himself over 20 goals in ligue 1 for the second year running now he has to be worth a punt.

I'll give up if giroud is our first striker again next year

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I don't give a fuck, get this man back as Cech's understudy. <3

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/man-city-vs-arsenal/wojciech-szczesny-destroys-tottenham.html

x PyRo wrote: »

I'd have him over Ospina every day of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

"Insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting differents results".

If Giroud is our number 1 striker next season Wenger can **** right off.

Great to get second ahead of that lot. Although its still a hugely disappointing season. We need 4-5 top players in the summer.

• Advertisement

I'd have him over Ospina every day of the week

I'd stay with Ospina- Chez has a habit of fcuking up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement