Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'd have him over Ospina every day of the week

I really do like Ospina myself - pity he's not a few inches taller or he'd be top class - but a couple of years of Szczesny being understudy to Cech and playing cup games etc could have done him the world of good IMO, both ability-wise and when it comes to his mentality (as he's a looper). That might happen yet as I can't see Ospina sticking around as backup again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep Ospina for me too , Chez is a great fan alright but that's not good enough we have enough players who are great on social media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ospina will probably move on this summer, I prefer him to Chesney but they're both ropey.

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So now we finished above spurs and into 2nd, Are some of you now changing your tune and want wenger to stay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No I still believe Wenger's time has passed.

Had a few beers since earlier on and all I can say is "Spurs Roflol!!!" the gift that's been giving for 21 years :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ahem

Iiiiiiit's happened again

It's happenec agaaaaaaiiin.

Tottenham Hotspur

It's happened again!

So now we finished above spurs and into 2nd, Are some of you now changing your tune and want wenger to stay?

Never changed my mind.

Spend some money in the summer. It'll be great.

Nah no ones changing there minds its just hilarious what happened to spurs today

• Advertisement

If Santi and Wilshere were fit for this season, we'd all be saying how brilliant Ranieiri did to get second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Still backing Wenger

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If Santi and Wilshere were fit for this season, we'd all be saying how brilliant Ranieiri did to get second.

Santi was the difference imho

I'll accept if he sees out next season tbh but no way should he go 1 sec beyond that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Just watching MOTD and it was good to see joy in the Emirates again.

Good end to a disappointing season overall.

Already looking forward to next season. Sucker for punishment I think but bring it on.

Il always have hope.

mansize wrote: »
    Santi was the difference imho

Yeah, but it's really easy to forget how good Jack is. On his day he's a world beater.

Gabriel almost handed Villa a goal thank god there rubbish

Where the fück was bellerin? Caught up field as per usual

Yeah, but it's really easy to forget how good Jack is. On his day he's a world beater.

Injured too often and he is an irritating mouthpiece. Get shot IMO.

Still backing Wenger

100%. Not 99%.

In a season where every other big team - every single one of them - ****ed up all over the place, he kept it going and lost out just to an absolute freak Leicester team.

We still ahould have won it, but we're absolutely blessed to have that man

• Advertisement

100%. Not 99%.

In a season where every other big team - every single one of them - ****ed up all over the place, he kept it going and lost out just to an absolute freak Leicester team.

Always 100%

these days are rather infrequent though. 0 this season.

these days are rather infrequent though. 0 this season.

Yeah. But imagine him, Santi, Ozil, Coq & Rambo (yeah Rambo) firing for a few months. We'd be magic.

Ahem, with a super centre half and striker, to be fait.

We won four nil for **** sake.

Yeah. But imagine him, Santi, Ozil, Coq & Rambo (yeah Rambo) firing for a few months. We'd be magic.

Ahem, with a super centre half and striker, to be fait.

He hasn't ever been firing for a few months, his form is more erratic than Giroud's

All thr bull**** for months about Spurs being an unstoppable machine, and all the sh*t we get...

Honestly...

All thr bull**** for months about Spurs being an unstoppable machine, and all the sh*t we get...

Honestly...

Yeah, but thats cos Arsenal are much better, so more is expected of them :D

We won four nil for **** sake.

Yes we did against Aston Villa who are bottom of the league

I was just saying basically we need a better CB in the summer because Gab is too prone to stuff like this , you get away with that against the likes of villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

x PyRo wrote: »
    hahahahahahaha.

I'd just like to reiterate this, hahahahahahaha.

hahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha

That is all :D

• Advertisement

CigkhHrXEAA4YFu.jpg

:D Some brilliant tweets doing the rounds.

https://twitter.com/gunnerblog/status/731873254806327298

That's my favourite thing in the world!

Chez is always good for a giggle but thats about it tbh.

Saddened by the retirement of Rosicky. The injuries crippled him. He never had the career he probably should have had with Arsenal

• Advertisement

Saddened by the retirement of Rosicky. The injuries crippled him. He never had the career he probably should have had with Arsenal

Jesus, I was so happy when he signed. It all could have been so different.

Having said that, I danced a jig when we signed Arshavin.

Jesus, I was so happy when he signed. It all could have been so different.

Having said that, I danced a jig when we signed Arshavin.

When Rosicky signed he was going into a team that had Freddie, Lehmann, Gilberto, Toure, Clichy and Henry with the likes of Cesc, Hleb, Adebayor, Diaby also in the squad. Alot of the invincibles departed that year such as Campbell, Pires, Bergkamp, but we still had a relatively strong core. Arshavin by contrast was signed when austerity was really kicking in around 2009 when we had only Nasri to shout about in terms of signings. You had right to dance a jig for Arshavin because there was no doubting his ability. He scored 4 at Anfield and also another goal v Barca but he would have been better played behind the striker as opposed to out wide

200 appearances in 10 years for the little Mozart :(....its very lamentable that he has only managed that amount tbh. Averaging 20 per season which is not alot tbh. The long spell from january 2008 to Sept 2009 was the real blight on his career.

We probably didnt get the best of Arteta's days either. He was a brilliant box to box midfielder in his Everton days but done a bad cruciate injury around early 2009. Never had the same pace. Everton were very willing to let him go and no fans held resentment because they probably knew his legs were pretty much gone.

When Rosicky signed he was going into a team that had Freddie, Lehmann, Gilberto, Toure, Clichy and Henry with the likes of Cesc, Hleb, Adebayor, Diaby also in the squad. Alot of the invincibles departed that year such as Campbell, Pires, Bergkamp, but we still had a relatively strong core. Arshavin by contrast was signed when austerity was really kicking in around 2009 when we had only Nasri to shout about in terms of signings. You had right to dance a jig for Arshavin because there was no doubting his ability. He scored 4 at Anfield and also another goal v Barca but he would have been better played behind the striker as opposed to out wide

200 appearances in 10 years for the little Mozart :(....its very lamentable that he has only managed that amount tbh. Averaging 20 per season which is not alot tbh. The long spell from january 2008 to Sept 2009 was the real blight on his career.

He scored 4 at Anfield! The mad bastard.

Aye aye aye. To be fair, and to be honest, I was pretty sure when we signed The Beast, who also got 4 up there, that we were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

100%. Not 99%.

It's great to finish second but no need for the revisionism.
    We didn't just lose out, we've been out of the title race for at at least a month.
    It took a complete collapse from Spurs for us to finish second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wenger just said in a interview that we'd try to add 3 new players to the squad.

1 striker
    1 midfielder
    1 defender (central back)

Please for the love of football let it be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

100%. Not 99%.

This is the danger with days like yesterday, they put a false gloss on what has been a stinking turd of a season. I dont agree with pretty much everything you say there, but hey, such is life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

keano_afc wrote: »
    This is the danger with days like yesterday, they put a false gloss on what has been a stinking turd of a season. I dont agree with pretty much everything you say there, but hey, such is life.

Yip, it's mad that we finished 2nd, yet we never even challenged for the title. Every other team around us just flopped, we flopped the least, but we flopped.

Can't believe we finished ahead of Spurs. Really shows how much of a disconnect there is between players and fans and I'm not just talking about Spurs, same for most clubs. They had a chance to finish ahead of their bitter rivals, yet they were on holidays a few weeks back and just picked up 2 points from their last 12 when all they need was 3. Players are more concerned for themselves than their clubs, it's the sad state of modern football when you think of the ridiculous wages they get.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Watching highlights on both BBC and Setanta last night had me fuming with the so called pundits. So we manage to get second ahead of Spurs and somehow they still had a better season than us. What happened to all the ****e about the league doesn't lie and after 38 games where you finish is a reflection on the WHOLE season. This seems to hold true for all teams except Arsenal.

Still going on about the time a few years ago when we were celebrating getting forth on the final day. Fcuk them all - you think if Man Utd somehow got 4th yesterday that they wouldn't be dancing up and down the pitch. Just fcuk right off!

As fans we are disappointed with 2nd in a season we could have won but dont bring up utter ****e to try and justify your bias against Arsenal. Last night there were pundits talking about the failings of Arsenal's season when we finished 2nd - ahead of Spurs, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea and yet we are the ones who have failed.

Lazy, lazy fcuking lazy. Why not go off and talk about the implosion at Spurs - you bet your life that if it was us there would be pages and pages of commentary about it - for half the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Watching highlights on both BBC and Setanta last night had me fuming with the so called pundits. So we manage to get second ahead of Spurs and somehow they still had a better season than us. What happened to all the ****e about the league doesn't lie and after 38 games where you finish is a reflection on the WHOLE season. This seems to hold true for all teams except Arsenal.

Still going on about the time a few years ago when we were celebrating getting forth on the final day. Fcuk them all - you think if Man Utd somehow got 4th yesterday that they wouldn't be dancing up and down the pitch. Just fcuk right off!

As fans we are disappointed with 2nd in a season we could have won but dont bring up utter ****e to try and justify your bias against Arsenal. Last night there were pundits talking about the failings of Arsenal's season when we finished 2nd - ahead of Spurs, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea and yet we are the ones who have failed.

Lazy, lazy fcuking lazy. Why not go off and talk about the implosion at Spurs - you bet your life that if it was us there would be pages and pages of commentary about it - for half the show.

Spurs season ended after the Chelsea game. They were in a title race for most of the season and checked out when it couldn't happen. Arsenal stumbled into second place by default in a nothing season for them.
    I would rather have had a Spurs season than an Arsenal season for sure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Spurs season ended after the Chelsea game. They were in a title race for most of the season and checked out when it couldn't happen. Arsenal stumbled into second place by default in a nothing season for them.
    I would rather have had a Spurs season than an Arsenal season for sure.

and come third? We got more points than them, you understand how that works, right?

It's a 38 game season. We just had all our bad games over a condensed period. Spurs had more bad days and less points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Didn't manage to catch any of the ball yesterday but pleasantly surprised we managed to catch 2nd. Poor Spurs...not.

Gutted about Rosicky, gonna miss him and very sad we didn't get to see him play In an Arsenal jersey one last time.

Hyzepher makes a good point, regardless of other teams or forms we managed to come 2nd and that's great, but we will need to greatly Improve on this year If we want to win the title next year.

I do however believe that even If Wenger signs 3 players, CB,RW,CF or whatever that he as a manager will not be capable of bringing us to the title. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but It's hard to get overly excited with him still at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hyzepher wrote: »
    and come third? We got more points than them, you understand how that works, right?

It's a 38 game season. We just had all our bad games over a condensed period. Spurs had more bad days and less points.

I'd agree that Spurs had a much better season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I'd agree that Spurs had a much better season.

How can you agree with something that's factually Incorrect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This time next year we'll be millionaires ........

again. It's been like that for 11 years under Wenger. Always next year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement