Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I somehow missed this, dunno if it was posted already

https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/731874344167714816

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

mansize wrote: »
    It was.

But post it again anyway!

:D

Just catching up on today's Arsecast.

Iiiiiiit's happened again
    It's happened agaaaain
    Tottenham Hotspur
    It's happened again!

Yeeeeay!

(Still want some proper decent signings, but it's so funny)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

World class CB, High quality CDM, Solid RW, World class Striker, fill any gaps we leave behind (E.G. If we sell Debuchy,Szcz,Arteta,Rosicky,Flam,Walcott, few youngsters ETC.)

The CDM Is lowest priority for me but that would be an ideal window In my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

World class CB, High quality CDM, Solid RW, World class Striker, fill any gaps we leave behind (E.G. If we sell Debuchy,Szcz,Arteta,Rosicky,Flam,Walcott, few youngsters ETC.)

The CDM Is lowest priority for me but that would be an ideal window In my eyes.

I'll wear a Spurs shirt and watch Fiddler on the Roof on repeat for a week if we get anything close to that.

Xhaka, no mark Bolton defender and a back up striker to Giroud is how I see it going. "Its important not to destabilise the squad, yadda yadda yadda".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Xhaka has apparently agreed personal terms. Ok he won't bring steel to our midfield but Granite is just as good, no?

greendom wrote: »
    Xhaka has apparently agreed personal terms. Ok he won't bring steel to our midfield but Granite is just as good, no?

No, not really :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I would say that Wenger says he's looking for 3 players perhaps means just that. He has three specific areas in mind.

However he's not stupid enough to turn down great options if they become available - like the Ozil thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

gosplan wrote: »
    I would say that Wenger says he's looking for 3 players perhaps means just that. He has three specific areas in mind.

However he's not stupid enough to turn down great options if they become available - like the Ozil thing.
    My fear is that the great option that becomes available comes at the cost of one of our priority areas, not as a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

To be honest, I'd rate Wenger as a less reliable source than the express during the transfer window.

In fact here are four of the least reliable sources I try to ignore during the transfer window for peace of mind (from least reliable to most).

1. Wenger
    2. Express
    3. Twitter
    4. Daily Mail

I would suggest the thread would try to ignore them too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

farna_boy wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd rate Wenger as a less reliable source than the express during the transfer window.

In fact here are four of the least reliable sources I try to ignore during the transfer window for peace of mind (from least reliable to most).

1. Wenger
    2. Express
    3. Twitter
    4. Daily Mail

Add Marca and Metro to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I hope that was a pun

byrneg28 wrote: »
    I hope that was a pun

Well the only Steels I've heard of are David (we have enough small midfielders) and Remington (not sure he'd be a team player) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'll wear a Spurs shirt and watch Fiddler on the Roof on repeat for a week if we get anything close to that.

Xhaka, no mark Bolton defender and a back up striker to Giroud is how I see it going. "Its important not to destabilise the squad, yadda yadda yadda".

Just quoting this in the unlikely case Arsene breaks his normal frugal habits.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

[QUOTE=keano_afc;99747123]I'll wear a Spurs shirt and watch Fiddler on the Roof on repeat for a week if we get anything close to that.

You need not worry.

You'll be sitting like the rest of us on the last day of the transfer market wondering if anything will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

domrush wrote: »
    Add Marca and Metro to that

David Ornstein from the BBC and Jeremy Wilson from Daily Telegraph seem to be the only journalists with actual Arsenal sources.

David Ornstein from the BBC and Jeremy Wilson from Daily Telegraph seem to be the only journalists with actual Arsenal sources.

I thought they just reported things after the club announces them? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Basil3 wrote: »
    I thought they just reported things after the club announces them? :confused:
    Ornstein gets there just before the club usually. If he says something, it's happening, but we probably had a fair idea of it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ornstein confirms rumours that are already floating around weeks but when he confirms them he's always right. Only journo I pay any attention to in regards to our transfers.

1. Wenger
    2. Express
    3. Twitter
    4. Daily Mail

I would politely suggest you have a look at the thread title. Nothing wrong with the occasional rumour. Besides I didn't use any of the above for that rumour.

And Gladbach have confirmed that an offer has been made and a deal is pending

Source - Borussia Monchengladbach's own website.

Maybe we should quote the source when rumours are posted so we can choose to treat them with disdain or otherwise

Pleased Cech got the golden glove this year (or is it gloves). Fair play to him and the defenders in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Spurs season ended after the Chelsea game. They were in a title race for most of the season and checked out when it couldn't happen. Arsenal stumbled into second place by default in a nothing season for them.
    I would rather have had a Spurs season than an Arsenal season for sure.

and come third? We got more points than them, you understand how that works, right?

It's a 38 game season. We just had all our bad games over a condensed period. Spurs had more bad days and less points.
    How many points did we get last season vs this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/17/arsenal-forward-theo-walcott-ready-to-discuss-future-with-manage/

"Sanchez is frustrated with life at Arsenal and only has two years remaining on his contract, with City and Juventus both interested. A number of Emirates insiders have grown tired of the Chile international turning up late for training and acting selfishly on the pitch."

Sanchez is the last person you'd imagine would be late for training.

• Advertisement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/17/arsenal-forward-theo-walcott-ready-to-discuss-future-with-manage/

"Sanchez is frustrated with life at Arsenal and only has two years remaining on his contract, with City and Juventus both interested. A number of Emirates insiders have grown tired of the Chile international turning up late for training and acting selfishly on the pitch."

I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I wouldn't consider it much of a loss if he were to leave.

The narrative is that Pochettino worked his players very hard right through the season and they paid for that at this end of the season, only 16 points in their last 11 games tells a story.

The complete meltdown at Stamford Bridge didn't help obviously but it will be interesting to see if Pochettino changes his training regime next season.

Yes, but it's hard to argue with the rest of that sentence!

The narrative is that Pochettino worked his players very hard right through the season and they paid for that at this end of the season, only 16 points in their last 11 games tells a story.

The complete meltdown at Stamford Bridge didn't help obviously but it will be interesting to see if Pochettino changes his training regime next season.

Ha, that was their main strength all season. Bloody Spurs.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I wouldn't consider it much of a loss if he were to leave.

I hope you are alone....he's a matchwinner. How many of those do we have?

Clue: 1. Ozil's great (better actually) but he needs someone to finish the chances he creates, Sanchez can score out of nothing, one dodgy period doesn't change that.

• Advertisement

I expect it's because he keeps turning down blind alleys on the way to the training ground.

I'll stop short of agreeing with you, but he drives me absolutely nuts at times.

Sanchez was dissapointing for me this season, compared to last. I was hoping it was the Copa to begin with but he was poor after Xmas too

Still don't want to lose him.
    I'd pay Walcott's bus fare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Says alot of the weakness of the dressing room if you have players turning up late for training and then strolling into the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that happens him every year, at all the clubs he's managed. read it on the spurs forum, apparently he's getting better though - it's later in the season the fade

Wouldn't care If Sanchez left? Christ above... and Wenger lacks ambition?

For me, he'd too easy to defend against and any decent worth their salt will stop Sanchez scoring with ease.

For me, he'd too easy to defend against and any decent worth their salt will stop Sanchez scoring with ease.

So how do you explain the 42 goals he's scored for us In two seasons?

He's not though. Sanchez' playstyle has been know for years, yet he still manages to score big goals in big games for Barcelona, us and Chile. You're just taking him out of form as being representative of his general play, which is demonstrably untrue.

• Advertisement

If he is too selfish, turning up late to training and being disruptive in the dressing room that can't be good for the rest of the team or morale if, despite all that, he still walks into the team every week.

He is one of our best players and I would hate to see him go but what happened to Arsenal being more than one person or player? If he is carrying on like that he clearly has no respect for his team mates or Arsenal.

If this is actually true then Wenger should find a replacement for him and ship him out.

If he is too selfish, turning up late to training and being disruptive in the dressing room that can't be good for the rest of the team or morale if, despite all that, he still walks into the team every week.

He is one of our best players and I would hate to see him go but what happened to Arsenal being more than one person or player? If he is carrying on like that he clearly has no respect for his team mates or Arsenal.

If this is actually true then Wenger should find a replacement for him and ship him out.

So the telegraph post an article and all of a sudden one of our best players Is an arse hole and we should get rid of him?

I think I'll wait for something a bit more concrete before doing a 180 on Sanchez who seems to get on great with the team and Is not really selfish at all, sometimes he takes on too much but he nearly always passes to someone In a better position than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

So the telegraph post an article and all of a sudden one of our best players Is an arse hole and we should get rid of him?

I think I'll wait for something a bit more concrete before doing a 180 on Sanchez who seems to get on great with the team and Is not really selfish at all, sometimes he takes on too much but he nearly always passes to someone In a better position than him.

Bob - have to disagree with you here.

He's been so predictable this season, every time he gets the ball he cuts in and tries to beat feckin half of the team and looses the ball and then feckin pressure on us straight away. It has happened countless times this season.

last season he was great...but he's had poor season this year and only has come to form/score goals in the last 5-6 games

Bob - have to disagree with you here.

He's been so predictable this season, every time he gets the ball he cuts in and tries to beat feckin half of the team and looses the ball and then feckin pressure on us straight away. It has happened countless times this season.

last season he was great...but he's had poor season this year and only has come to form/score goals in the last 5-6 games

No I agree, we all see him trying to do too much on a regular basis, but calling him selfish Is wrong I believe.

He averages 48 passes a games, 9 assists this season 9 assists last season he's not a selfish player he just loses possession a lot.

Quoted the important bit of my post again since it appears you only read half my post.

I don't know if it is true, but if there is any substance to it, as you have argued many times yourself, no one person is bigger than Arsenal and the team and if they are causing a problem and damaging the team, they should be moved on.

Quoted the important bit of my post again since it appears you only read half my post.

I don't know if it is true, but if there is any substance to it, as you have argued many times yourself, no one person is bigger than Arsenal and the team and if they are causing a problem and damaging the team, they should be moved on.

Why does It appear that I only read half of your post exactly?

If Sanchez Is causing problems at the club then It should be addressed by the manager and more senior players, If a solution cannot be reached then we should look at other options such as selling him.

But as I said, I'll wait for something a bit more concrete to come out before suggesting we should replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Probably just the media stirring ****e about sanchez in the dressing room and being late for training ahead of the transfer window to make the links to Juve more credible. Wouldn't pay it any attention. You get this nonsense in the papers every summer.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Probably just the media stirring ****e about sanchez in the dressing room and being late for training ahead of the transfer window to make the links to Juve more credible. Wouldn't pay it any attention. You get this nonsense in the papers every summer.
    I do always wonder is it agents that release these stories to increase their position in negotiations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Seems to be conflicting statements on Sanchez as at one point they were saying he would return early from breaks to train & also train on days where teammates were resting ! - if you dig back to some of the press in Barca days though, the fans were certainly on his back for 'mood' swings on and off the pitch.

Bit of an enigma by the sounds, but I'd hate to lose him as he can win matches for us. the days of selling big players should be well behind us at this stage if we are to regain any credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yeah thats what I though, most of the other reports suggested that they had trouble trying to get him to rest up and take it easy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement