Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

If we sell Ozil or Sanchez then obviously we will be taking a step back or at best standing still with future replacements. There is no use us getting one marquee player in if we are going to sell Ozil or Sanchez. Defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Quotes from Xhaka today:

Swiss newspaper Blick quote the player as saying, at the press conference today: "As of today I am at Gladbach, but London is a beautiful city, and Arsenal is an awesome club."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Sanchez was way down in the assists to, even Giroud and Bellerin had more assists than he.

He does tend to go down more blind alleys than a Batman villain I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

mansize wrote: »
    Sanchez was way down in the assists to, even Giroud and Bellerin had more assists than he.

He does tend to go down more blind alleys than a Batman villain I suppose.

? Sanchez assists last year 9, Sanchez assists this year 9... he also played 500 less minutes this year...

? Sanchez assists last year 9, Sanchez assists this year 9... he also played 500 less minutes this year...

Vs other players

• Advertisement

My player of the season would be:

1: Özil
    2: Kos
    3: Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Koscielny's been meh this season too, a few more errors than usual.

1. Ozil

2. Monreal
    3. Bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Top 3 of the season for me would be:

Ozil
    Monreal
    Kos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ozil
    Monreal
    Bellerin
    Cech deserves a huge mention also, made a few errors but also saved us in several games

Very tough to pick actually, a lot of guys had good periods but most lacked consistency.

Ozil
    Cazorla
    Monreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ozil, Cech, Monreal.

Bellerin was suspect for far more goals than Cech so that's why he doesn't make it for me.

Koscielny had some really poor games from about January onwards and Mert was head and shoulders (quite literally) above him during that period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Honestly think Cech has made as many errors as a standard Szscesny season. Some worldie saves too though.

Ozil
    Monreal
    Bellerin

Nobody else stands out really which is a pity. 1 or 2 more high performers and it could have been a great one. Ox the biggest disappointment, showed nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

AdamD wrote: »
    Honestly think Cech has made as many errors as a standard Szscesny season. Some worldie saves too though.

Ozil
    Monreal
    Bellerin

Nobody else stands out really which is a pity. 1 or 2 more high performers and it could have been a great one. Ox the biggest disappointment, showed nothing.

Ramsey's been very disappointing too. Whatever happened to his goalscoring abilities.

AdamD wrote: »

Ozil
    Monreal
    Bellerin

Can't see how Cech gained us many points this season.

I think we would have conceded far more without Kos, when I was at the Zagreb match his was the boss. Quiet confidence. Unfussed and without bells and whistles.

Can't see how Cech gained us many points this season.

Certainly not 12

mansize wrote: »
    Certainly not 12

If he did then that's 16 points the rest of the team got worse by :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Bellerin has to be in there somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Kolo or Mert lads?

Been nothing but solid for pool since Klopp came along

(Not a suggestion we go for Kolo before I get the head torn off me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Why has Benteke failed so much at Liverpool? Flash in the pan or just doesnt fit into their system?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Why has Benteke failed so much at Liverpool? Flash in the pan or just doesnt fit into their system?

Hasn't been the same since he got that a achilles injury imo. Don't think Liverpools style suits him either, I'm not sold on him as a lone striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

wonga77 wrote: »

I think the lesser teams do well with one very good striker where he bags the goals and generally looks decent as everything goes through him.

When he goes to a better team ala Benteke to Liverpool he's expected to score every chance he gets and when he doesn't he gets criticised.

Also some transfers don't work out for whatever reason.

Benteke for me was always a bit to streaky. Wouldn't score for a few games then bang in 5 goals in 6 games only to go quiet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I think the lesser teams do well with one very good striker where he bags the goals and generally looks decent as everything goes through him.

When he goes to a better team ala Benteke to Liverpool he's expected to score every chance he gets and when he doesn't he gets criticised.

Also some transfers don't work out for whatever reason.

Benteke for me was always a bit to streaky. Wouldn't score for a few games then bang in 5 goals in 6 games only to go quiet again.
    You just described Giroud

dinorebel wrote: »

Giroud has averaged around 20 in four seasons. While not exactly shooting the lights out, at the same time its not too bad. He relies heavily on crosses for his main strength which we rarely deliver to be honest. Ozil can put through many through balls but he isnt the type that would leave the last man for dead and slot home ala Henry (or Theo when he can be bothered)

As a squad player i actually like Giroud but to burden him with the main man is madness tbh. It would be like doing it with Graziano Pelle at Southampton although they are smart enough they also have both Long and Mane who give them different options. Welbeck aside (and who is fairly similar) the other options for us are mostly widemen

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Ozil, Cech, Monreal.

Bellerin was suspect for far more goals than Cech so that's why he doesn't make it for me.

+1

dinorebel wrote: »

And there was me laughing at Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Monreal player of the year for me. 100% commitment and very consistent. That's all we can ask for. 10 more with his attitude and we'd be hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

New 3rd Kit - SuO6GFA.jpg

I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    New 3rd Kit - SuO6GFA.jpg

I love it!

If this is the new 3rd kit ill def be getting this

It Is nice and all but It looks more like a training kit? Doesn't It?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

See reports online that the transfer fee requested for Xhaka is €45, whereas we only offered £19. :o

Oh dear. It's happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Quazzie wrote: »
    See reports online that the transfer fee requested for Xhaka is €45, whereas we only offered £19. :o

Dang, we really are cheapskates. I drank that much last Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Quazzie wrote: »

€45m asked and €25m offered? Ah the auld half your ask plus 3 rule :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

L'prof wrote: »
    €45m asked and €25m offered? Ah the auld half your ask plus 3 rule :p

Thats up front the rest paid in installments,they want more up front

Is he worth €45m though? We're not exactly short In the middle of the park and I don't see him offering anything special. He Is young though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know how these players are valued or is it just think of a number?

Anyone know how these players are valued or is it just think of a number?

I think it's generally the highest number you can get away with. A player is always worth the asking price as well, just pay the money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

All clubs are aware of the massive increase in tv money in the EPL.

Any of them selling to English clubs will think they can afford to pay more.

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    If this is the new 3rd kit ill def be getting this

I like flou trim myself. I don't go for the modern kits (more of a retro man) but I really like this. Not sure I like the black bits on the shoulders at the back though

arsenal-16-17-third-kit-3.jpg

That kit is fupping ugly!
    Looks like a Chelsea kit!

Good to see Wenger counting the pennies again!

Not a big fan of that kit, highlighter yellow is a bit much. Said it too many times now, puma don't make nice kits for us at all.

No dispute with Monreal being in top 3, still think Kos had a big contribution this season

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think it's generally the highest number you can get away with. A player is always worth the asking price as well, just pay the money. :D

Why did that remind me of Liverpool and Andy Carroll?

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Why did that remind me of Liverpool and Andy Carroll?

:D:D:D

The name Damien Comolli still makes my blood boil :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

https://m.facebook.com/artanmuhaxhiri/photos/a.954103657934543.1073741828.953589131319329/1212731045405135/?type=3

According to his "close friend", some journalist only the hipsters have heard of, it's a done deal.

We shall see.

https://m.facebook.com/artanmuhaxhiri/photos/a.954103657934543.1073741828.953589131319329/1212731045405135/?type=3

According to his "close friend", some journalist only the hipsters have heard of, it's a done deal.

We shall see.
    NEVER heard of that journalist haha anyone know him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

https://twitter.com/AFCArsenalHorse/status/733573433573793792?lang=en

this guy is normally spot on when it comes to transfers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement