Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch alarm and new dog

• 03-03-2016 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Hope somebody can advise me please we are getting a dog next week lab collie cross and we are going let him sleep indoors but the problem is the room has a pir in it and I am wondering if we can adjust it to allow it to be set but won't go off if the dog moves around. Do phone watch do a pet friendly pir or is there something I can do I have read a few articles about putting tape across the bottom of the pir so the first two to three feet from the ground are not picked up does this work ?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Dub 24

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this the new system with PiRs only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭dub 24

Hey Kool kid thanks for the reply no my system is an old wireless one can a pet friendly pir be retrospectively fitted.

cheers

Dub 24

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes I'm sure UTC would have something that will suit.

Advertisement