Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council transfer

Options
  • 03-03-2016 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello I was just wondering if anyone had any experience roughly how long it takes Im on the transfer list been looking online but idealy want stay in same town or surrounding areas and been offered other side of the city.Is there anything I could do to speed things up also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It very much depends on the reason for the transfer request: there's a priority transfer list for cases where people have medical requirements, are facing physical harassment in the area their in etc. but even that can take quite some time. The standard transfer list will take years. I know of one transfer application that's been on the books for 28 years! To be fair to the council in question the request is for a 4 bed in a prime location, it's unlikely they'll ever get it tbh as the only times these properties come available is when someone passes away and tbh, should that happen the council should be looking at selling the units and replacing them with 3/4 houses in more affordable areas.

I've heard of people arranging swaps before which the council(s) are usually pretty good about facilitating. In general though, if you simply don't like where the council have housed you, your best bet is to try and find employment (or upskill to qualify for better employment) and rent/buy privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cola34 wrote: »
    Hello I was just wondering if anyone had any experience roughly how long it takes Im on the transfer list been looking online but idealy want stay in same town or surrounding areas and been offered other side of the city.Is there anything I could do to speed things up also.

Try doing a search on this forum. Question has been asked many times before.

Advertisement