If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a user friendly radio

Options
  • 03-03-2016 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭

Hi. 

i'm looking for a very user friendly radio. it doesn't have to have DAB/Wifi etc, fm would be grand, the others a bonus.
    the only thing is that everywhere i look, to change the station on the radio from one preset to another is getting very fiddly. you need to press preset, then + or -, then select. pure radios, while good and stylish, are a pain in the hole to change if it's dark! or you may need an app on your phone to change the station.

what happened to radios where you just have 4 buttons on the top and they have the stations stored on them, like the clarus magicbox.

if you have any suggestions on any such radio, that would be great. a clock would be handy too, but not necessary.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi. 

i'm looking for a very user friendly radio. it doesn't have to have DAB/Wifi etc, fm would be grand, the others a bonus.
    the only thing is that everywhere i look, to change the station on the radio from one preset to another is getting very fiddly. you need to press preset, then + or -, then select. pure radios, while good and stylish, are a pain in the hole to change if it's dark! or you may need an app on your phone to change the station.

what happened to radios where you just have 4 buttons on the top and they have the stations stored on them, like the clarus magicbox.

if you have any suggestions on any such radio, that would be great. a clock would be handy too, but not necessary.
    Hi Ballsymchugh, many thanks for your p[ost.

Unfortunately there is very little on the Market now that does have individual preset buttons, they all seem to be using a turn dial as they mostly all have Dab now
    There is only one model I could find that has these, but it may be a bit overkill for what you need - The Roberts Stream 93i - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200930-roberts-stream-93i-soc.aspx at £139/€196. This is a Dab/FM radio but also has bluetooth and WIfi/DLNA for streaming music from the likes of Spotify etc

Have a look and let me know your thoughts

Regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.