Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Options
  • 03-03-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Dear Eir, our relationship over the past 4-5yrs has been great. You provide the services we ordered in our contract, and we pay for them every month. Wonderful. That was until we decided to order Eir TV. We duly completed the forms online and then reserved our chosen installation date. Happy days.
    Unfortunately, although all the communications from yourselves said that an engineer would contact us the day before, to arrange a time, we heard nothing. So, just before close of play that day, we called your good selves and were told that the Reservation Diary section on your website didn't take into account the amount of other people also choosing that date, therefore our installation date was actually 9 days later. We required the TV service for a specific date and, as this date was now after the time we required it, we cancelled as we were well within the 14 days cooling off period...even though that wouldn't start until after the box was installed. 
    A little while later, we received communication from yourselves with information about our new contact date. We called and were told that this was because as we had asked for TV we had entered a new contract. I explained the saga to one of your Customer Service Agents who, finally agreed that we had not entered into another contract, and she would sort it all out and put it back to our original contract. Happy Days.
    Monday, we received an SMS telling us that our usage was getting high. This was very strange as we have unlimited efibre broadband, free calls to Irish landlines, and we also have an add-on which gives us free calls to family and friends in UK and Spain. We never call mobiles from our landline as we have free calls on our mobiles smile emoticon I called and spoke to another Customer Service Agent who explained that there must be a fault on the SMS system and to ignore it. Once again...back to Happy Days.
    This morning however, we received another SMS telling us that we were over our limit and that we needed to call a certain number and pay a minimum of €212! Once again I spoke to another of your Customer Service Agents, who told me that actually our bill was currently running at €467.72, which were all calls to UK and Spain. I explained that we had the add-on but he said that this was not on our plan. After explaining and going through the saga once more, he kindly reinstated the add-on and put through a credit to cover said calls. <sighs> Trying to be happy days!
    Later, I decided to make a call from my landline but found the line constantly engaged. I called 1901 again and spoke to faults where I was told that because we were over our limit, a bar had been put on all outgoing calls...apart from to them obviously! This, apparently, would take 24-48hrs to rectify.
    So, Eir, we were really happy when we got a letter through the door saying that due to your price increases next month, we have 30 days to notify you if we wish to cancel our contract without penalty....guess what! Unfortunately though, we cannot do that until the line is unbarred because all other providers have to run a validation test and, because we have a bar, all tests automatically fail. So we are now counting down the hours until we get the barring lifted. ‪#‎goodbyeEir‬ ‪#‎uselessshower‬

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kali291

Update - Just discovered that when they re-instated my call package yesterday, the re-instated the wrong one!!! How much better does it get?
    Yet another phone call, and the correct package has now been added.
    I await the next step.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi kali291,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I understand how frustrating this must be for you. I'm genuinely sorry, this is definitely not the experience we aim to provide.

Can you PM me your account number and I will follow this up for you ASAP,

Tony

Advertisement