Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from Garda

Options
  • 03-03-2016 11:03am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Odd one, this morning i got a copy of the "personnel bulletin",

So i received a list of :
    full time garda who are moving station
    garda reserve who are moving station
    civilian personnel who are moving station/roles
    who qualifies for various allowances
    list of newly appointment court sergeants
    who is heading off on UN duty and where they are going
    retirements/deaths and a few other bits.

I've emailed the guy back but should i send this to someone else, seems pretty sensitive.

Heli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭foxatron

Was it from a Gardas e-mail Or dept of Justice or regular e-mail?. Depends who its from. Obviously someone messed up but id let them know first and delete it if you thought it was a genuine error.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

foxatron wrote: »
    Was it from a Gardas e-mail Or dept of Justice or regular e-mail?. Depends who its from. Obviously someone messed up but id let them know first and delete it if you thought it was a genuine error.

garda.ie address, a quick google of the name of the garda, verifies it is a real garda (he's been in the papers for work abroad)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Err emm data protection breach!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Odd one, this morning i got a copy of the "personnel bulletin",

So i received a list of :
    full time garda who are moving station
    garda reserve who are moving station
    civilian personnel who are moving station/roles
    who qualifies for various allowances
    list of newly appointment court sergeants
    who is heading off on UN duty and where they are going
    retirements/deaths and a few other bits.

I've emailed the guy back but should i send this to someone else, seems pretty sensitive.

Heli

You certainly shouldn't email it to anybody else.

It appears you were sent the email by mistake. If I was you I would email back the address and let the person know about the error.

Alternatively you could send the email back to where it originated from, Garda Human Resources, appointments@garda.ie

Or if you wish to make contact with the person pm me the details and I will see if i can assist you.

Thanks for seeking information here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement