Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Badges.

• 03-03-2016 11:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Are metal badges popular among kids today or have they become a thing of the past.In the 80s they were hugely popular,badges of bands,singers etc.I remember these Dennis The Menace and Gnasher badges being very popular at one point,especially the Gnasher one with the moving eyes.Any other ones people can remember?

$_1.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Ah memories! I still have that Dennis the Menace badge...inside my Dennis The Menace Fan Club wallet/id card!:D ...I had the Gnasher badge too back then.

Also still have my 'Warlord' badge and id wallet :)

Only last week I located them in the attic ...plus a 'Stamp Out Nick O'Teen' badge :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

These ones came with Heinz Invaders,which were spagetthi shaped like alien space craft(or that was the idea anyway).These badges were pretty big,the diameter of the top of a tin and as far as I remember thet came taped onto the top of them.

$_57.JPG

Silvera wrote: »
    Ah memories! I still have that Dennis the Menace badge...inside my Dennis The Menace Fan Club wallet/id card!:D ...I had the Gnasher badge too back then.

Also still have my 'Warlord' badge and id wallet :)

Only last week I located them in the attic ...plus a 'Stamp Out Nick O'Teen' badge :D

I had forgotten about the Gnasher badge before reading this thread...so I sorted it and bought a badge / wallet set on ebay yesterday :D
    (will post a pic when it arrives)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Political/issues badges were pretty common,these are British ones but I'm sure there were Irish variations.You'd see that anti nuclear power one as a car sticker sometimes too.

img_6364.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Covering your denim jacket with badges used be a 'thing'.

• Advertisement

I received my 'Dennis The Menace' wallet/badges in the post a couple of days ago.

The 'new' wallet is slightly bigger than my original one (on the right) and feels as if it is made from a lighter material, so I'm guessing that it dates from the mid-to-late 80's (mine dates from '81).

Also in the pic is my 'Warlord' wallet and badge, plus the 'Nick O'Teen' badge I mentioned in a previous post :D

Advertisement