Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona and Deportivo to play in Dublin

• 03-03-2016 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭

Celtic and Lyon too.

Under 13's tournament hosted by St Kevins March 25-27th in Shanowen Park, Santry.
    PRO for St Kevin’s Boys’ FC, Neil Fox, said his club had been trying to get Barcelona to take part in the tournament for some time.
    “It is a major coup for us,” said Mr Fox. “As far as we are aware, it’s the first time that Barcelona have ever had any team playing in Dublin.
    “We have built up contacts over the years with various agents around Europe and we made initial contact with the club two years ago.
    “They (Barcelona) said they had a very busy schedule and that if they could find a gap they would come.”
    The agreement was sealed before Christmas when the Under 12 team at St Kevin’s Boys were playing in a tournament outside Barcelona.
    “We made contact with their officials there and they agreed to come,” said Mr Fox.
    “We had to be absolutely certain they were coming before we could make it public. There is a great buzz around the club since we were able to confirm the news.
    “It’s great for the football community all over Dublin and outside to see these players and teams. The public will get to see the stars of the future.”
    - See more at: http://www.dublinpeople.com/news/northsidewest/articles/2016/03/02/4115287-local-club-to-take-on-mini-messis/#sthash.lcVvrdIa.dpuf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Isn't this on nearly every Easter with top clubs around Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clickbait headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Clickbait headlines.

Knew I'd get ya :pac:

Anyone know if Zak Gilsenan is on the Barca u-13 team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Muahahaha wrote: »

I've no idea, but don't dare post a pic of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He is with Liverpool now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I read the title, then I read the opening lines of the op, then I looked at the username. It all fit so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I read the title, then I read the opening lines of the op, then I looked at the username. It all fit so well.

haha I feel shamed now :D

It might only be the Barca u-13 team but I reckon I might take a stroll along to watch a couple of games. Be good to see just how good these kids are at that age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've gone down to watch this tournament a few times, it's always great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Clickbait headlines.

OP should work for Joe.ie with that sort of clickbait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is it this kid you're talking about?
    9CMd4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mushy wrote: »
    I've no idea, but don't dare post a pic of him!

Sometimes when I feel I need some cheering up I go to that thread and read it. It never fails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Final is currently ongoing in this.

Kevins are playing Barcelona in the final, after toppling them 1-0 yesterday in the group stages. Was great to head down and watch. Amazing the philosophy on show for Barca even at that age, trying to pass the ball out of every situation.

Also, fittingly, the game was stopped in the 14th minute for a minute's applause for the passing of Johan Cruyff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Barcelona won the tournament on penalties after a 3-3 draw in the final with Kevins.

Fantastic tournament again run by Kevins. Has now seen the academies of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Ajax, Arsenal, Benfica amongst others take part. Recommend going down to it next year if any one is around that way, exciting games and some very talented players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Any Irish lads stand out and is that the actual best Barca U16 team?

Advertisement