Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Just Found A German Shepherd

• 03-03-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just found a German Shepherd on Ennis Road last night 2nd March around 11PM.

He was wearing a cone around his neck and recently had right hind leg surgery.

He is about 8 to 10 years old.

Not chipped, I already checked that in Treaty Vets.

Wearing a red collar, dog well minded.

I have tried all the vets in town to see if they operated on dog like this in last few weeks but no luck yet.

No German Shepherd like this has been reported as missing on facebook or Limerick Animal Welfare or dog pound yet.

So if any of you hear about a missing GS or know of anyone who has lost one whereby it matches the description I gave, then please PM me.

I don't have pic to put up but as he is wearing a cone and just had surgery, it should be easy for an owner to recognise the dog.

Plus if anyone does claim him I will need proof of ownership.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you are on facebook then Leave a message on the Limerick Animal Welfare page too. That page gets a lot of traffic.

https://www.facebook.com/Limerick-Animal-Welfare-212914858726221/

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Punkyblip

Thanks Bazz, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Punkyblip

The beast has been returned home, found vets that did surgery and they got me owners details.

Sorted. :D

Thread closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Punkyblip wrote: »
    The beast has been returned home, found vets that did surgery and they got me owners details.

Sorted. :D

Thread closed.

Well done to you OP

As for the vet/owner... No chip, no excuse!!! I mean come on, how does a licensed vet not insist that something as cheap as a mandatory microchip is implanted?

Lucky you found the dog... And did all the tracking down - albeit the long version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Microchipping is not yet mandatory....end of this month apparently.

http://www.ncm.ie/about/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Good... on both counts

Advertisement