Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go PrePay Power

Options
  • 03-03-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello, so since 1st of March this year me and my boyfriend moved into an apartment, we have been painting and stuff since the 28th of February, that was when we topped up by 20euro, so we were painting away and before we were leaving the place I switched on the electrical heaters because they have a night tarrif, so there I switched them both on 3, that's the medium, next DAT we came back around 1pm and we had 16 euro on the account and it wasn't even warm.. So 4 euro went on a bit of heat throughout the night.. Plus everything else was off (fridge, appliances etc.) We don't even have our stuff and furniture there, plus it takes a €1 every 24 hours anyway if u don't use anything, so in one night 5 euro were gone just for heating..
    Anybody can suggest anytythint we can do ? W . Ought the gas balloon heater but that won't be enough to hear the apartment..
    Is it better to maybe switch to SSE Airtricity or Energia ? Or what should we do ??
    5euro for heating plus 2/3 euro for other thing like hoover and cooking when we move in that's about 8 euro a day by 7 days comes out to more than 50 euro a week, that's not normal..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Get rid of the prepay meter as you are paying the highest rate for electricity PLUS a €13 charge per month for the prepay company for the meter and admin costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

foggy_lad wrote:
    Get rid of the prepay meter as you are paying the highest rate for electricity PLUS a €13 charge per month for the prepay company for the meter and admin costs.

I would agree with you it would be the best option as these pre pay companies are a complete rip off but a lot of landlords have gotten these in. The landlord won't get stuck with any bills and he / she are thinking it'll be easier on the tenant not having to come up with a big bill every month.

I could be wrong but there is usually a hidden 5 Euro reserve on the meter. Its possible some of credit used went to refresh the reserve.

Advertisement