Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoning BOI from UK

Options
  • 03-03-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I phoned BOI on +353 1 4044 000 from the UK. Previously, if you didn’t select an option, you got to speak with a representative, but that is no longer the case.

Most of the phone key options (1 – 5) appear to be for automated procedures, but I need to speak to a representative, preferably in the Current Account section, but I’m sure Customer Support would also help.

What key options should I press to achieve this?

What’s the earliest time in the morning that representatives are available to take calls?

Following is what I need (account details omitted):
    • I’m applying for my pension with Aviva, and need a certified copy of a bank statement.
    • I would like a statement of my Current Account balance, i.e. without any recent transaction data.
    • The statement must be certified with BOI stamp/signature, or whatever is normal practice.
    • The statement should include IBAN/BIC numbers.
    [*]

To expedite my pension application, will it be possible for BOI to scan and email the statement to me (at my registered 365 email address)?

I checked with Aviva, and they don’t need the original. Of course, it might be useful if BOI also posted the original certified statement to me at my registered address.

Failing the above (preferred), is there an email address where I could instead write to Customer Support, and if so, what would the typical response time be to my request? Maybe it would be a quicker way?

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

KellyCS wrote: »
    Hi,

I phoned BOI on +353 1 4044 000 from the UK. Previously, if you didn’t select an option, you got to speak with a representative, but that is no longer the case.

Most of the phone key options (1 – 5) appear to be for automated procedures, but I need to speak to a representative, preferably in the Current Account section, but I’m sure Customer Support would also help.

What key options should I press to achieve this?

What’s the earliest time in the morning that representatives are available to take calls?

Following is what I need (account details omitted):
    • I’m applying for my pension with Aviva, and need a certified copy of a bank statement.
    • I would like a statement of my Current Account balance, i.e. without any recent transaction data.
    • The statement must be certified with BOI stamp/signature, or whatever is normal practice.
    • The statement should include IBAN/BIC numbers.

[*]

To expedite my pension application, will it be possible for BOI to scan and email the statement to me (at my registered 365 email address)?

I checked with Aviva, and they don’t need the original. Of course, it might be useful if BOI also posted the original certified statement to me at my registered address.

Failing the above (preferred), is there an email address where I could instead write to Customer Support, and if so, what would the typical response time be to my request? Maybe it would be a quicker way?

James
    [*]
    Hi James, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

When you call Bank of Ireland Direct on +3531 4044000 please select option 1 followed by the * key to speak with a representative. Our representatives are available on this number 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends. 

Just to mention, you can order a Balance Certificate on 365 Online which will include only the balance on your account for your selected date. To do this, choose the Online Service Desk and then select Balance Certificate from the drop down menu. Once you order this, it will be posted to the address we have on file for you and will include your BIC and IBAN details. We are unable to email this to you. As your statement is an official document, we are also unable to stamp or sign your statements.

If you need an up to date statement for your account, you can order this on our self service menu on +3531 4044000 without having to speak with a representative by selecting options 1, 5 and 1. This will issue you a statement starting from the date of your last statement and will be available to view as an estatement if you are registered for 365 Online. When you order this before 3.30pm the estatement will be available to view online the following working day. 

You can send a query when logged into 365 Online, through the Online Service Desk. Select the Ask a Question option and we aim to answer these queries within two working days. 

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KellyCS

Thanks Sarah,

That is useful information.

Could you explain what you mean by:
    "As your statement is an official document, we are also unable to stamp or sign your statements."

My difficulty is with the term "official Document". Are there other types of account documents which BOI can certify?

I imagine many Aviva pension customers are also BOI customers, and they are also required to provide a certified statement.

Aviva state on their pension application form: "For all EFT payments we need a certified copy of your bank statement dated within the last 6 months." Here, I presume EFT relates to the transfer of pension payments into my BOI bank account.

Do you have any advice for me on how I can have the statement certified by another party, if that's the only way?

James

KellyCS wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah,

That is useful information.

Could you explain what you mean by:
    "As your statement is an official document, we are also unable to stamp or sign your statements."

My difficulty is with the term "official Document". Are there other types of account documents which BOI can certify?

I imagine many Aviva pension customers are also BOI customers, and they are also required to provide a certified statement.

Aviva state on their pension application form: "For all EFT payments we need a certified copy of your bank statement dated within the last 6 months." Here, I presume EFT relates to the transfer of pension payments into my BOI bank account.

Do you have any advice for me on how I can have the statement certified by another party, if that's the only way?

James
    Hi James, 

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify, we don't certify statements. Do you mean that Aviva are looking for photocopies of your statement to be certified by an accountant or solicitor? It may be best to check this with them directly what they need from you.

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KellyCS

Thanks Sarah,

I phoned Aviva today before posting here. I was connected to an Indian call centre, no Irish-based rep can be contacted by the public.

Initially, the Aviva rep said I could get a Garda to certify, but when I explained I now reside in the UK, he then suggested the bank could do this.

> Do you mean that Aviva are looking for photocopies of your statement to be certified by an accountant or solicitor?

I was advised that Aviva were happy to receive a scanned copy of the certified statement (original not required), but the rep didn’t specifically say whether certification should or could be done on the original or on a copy of same.

I will discuss this with Aviva again.

Incidentally, I notice that within BOI’s Online Service Desk, the balance statement is called a Balance Certificate, not a Balance Statement. Normal statements (with transactions included) ordered online are called Duplicate Statements.

I guess this makes no difference, a Balance Certificate cannot be certified by BOI either.

I have now ordered one online, as it can take up to 5 days, so that order can be processed while I try to get a better understanding of how I can achieve certification. Maybe at my local police station!

James

Hi James,

Yes on 365 Online it is called a Balance Certificate and not a Balance Statement, my mistake! Yes it would be best to clarify this Aviva again as we do not certify these. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement