Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10k clash,BHAA K CLUB or GREAT IRELAND RUN?

Options
  • 03-03-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

The two races are on the same weekend.

Undecided about which one ?

I slightly lean towards K club.I hear the post race spread is good
    .I have an aversion to cramped car parking. I am guessing that phoenix park car parking will be mayhem with races ealier in the day, prior to the main event?

Any advices would be appreciated?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Id run the GIR, also the National 10k . Great testing course, competition all the way round and national medals at stake. plus a good buzz in park and plenty of elites around. pity theres a clash this should really not happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

thanks.I just wonder about parking in phoenix park.I have been boxed in before on race series days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I thought they were not on the same weekend.

April 10th for GIR and 16th for BHAA. BHAA seem to have changed their date since I last looked.

If picking one I'd go BHAA, cheaper, smaller, flatter course. Huge feed, showers etc. Having said that, more of a big event feel to the GIR if that's important to you. T-shirt also if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

They weren't originally, but the BHAA K-Club event has been moved to the 9th, much to my annoyance...I'll have to "just" run the Connemara Half instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I would run the bhaa. Its not a commerical for profit race like the one in the park.
    Plus its a fast course and a great feed afterwards for all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Just got an email from bhaa.
    Feck. I'm now a week behind on my plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

I'm sorry to see them clash, not sure why. (Gerry Byrne wears the K Club hat for the BHAA but I think I've seen his official K Club hat as being via 'Carr Golf' for grounds' maintenance? You could probably ask, though if it were a Donald Trump style arrival on the originally-planned race date he'd probably have to club you to death with a sand wedge if he divulged the reason).

Haven't signed up yet but without hesitation I'd recommend the K-Club (and I'm not just saying that as a former BHAA committee member of a good few years ago). The K-Club event is friendly, well-organised and with a great spread of food afterwards.

Have ran the Great Ireland Run a few times. Although their numbers seem to have dropped a bit in recent years it's a good course - some nice uphill work on the final mile and worth it for those who need to familiarize themselves with the park for the Race Series later in the year.

If I had a voting button though I'd hit the K-Club 9 times out of 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Another + 1 for the k-club, I'd chose a Bhaa event over commercial race any day, lovely course,ample parking, super post race spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

tahnsk,leanimg towards bhaa

Advertisement