Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone advice

• 03-03-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice from people who might have used some of the potential phones i'm thinking of upgrading to.

I currently have an S4 which it's now time to upgrade.

I'm now trying to decide between the HTC one M9 or the Huawei Mate S
    They are both the same price on my upgrade.
    Anyone have any advice on either? Or thoughts on one v the other?

I've looked at a lot of reviews online, and a lot of them are contradictory of the others, and I'm still none the wiser! So hopefully someone here can give more practical advice!

Thanks in advance,

N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Can you wait?
    The HTC One M10 is due to launch in London on 11th April.
    Might be worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Not really,
    I smashed the screen on the S4 last week - it's still working, but the cracks seem to be spreading, so I reckon it's only a matter of time before it starts acting up!

Plus I'd imagine when it comes out that it'll be big money - working off a small enough budget at the moment unfortunately!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

What about the Xiaomi Mi5, is it too expensive?

PeteSco wrote: »
    What about the Xiaomi Mi5, is it too expensive?

I haven't come across it on any networks, which means yes it would be if I was to get an unlocked version!

I'm getting either of the other 2 for €90 on my upgrade!
    Open to correction on it being available with a network though.

Should mention that my only real option is 3. Meteor etc. Have absolutely no signal where I work, and I use a lot of Internet so Vodafone works out very expensive with the amount I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

nheav wrote: »
    I haven't come across it on any networks, which means yes it would be if I was to get an unlocked version!

I'm getting either of the other 2 for €90 on my upgrade!
    Open to correction on it being available with a network though.

Should mention that my only real option is 3. Meteor etc. Have absolutely no signal where I work, and I use a lot of Internet so Vodafone works out very expensive with the amount I need.
    Pretty sure you can't get it with any network.

By the way, the 2 phones you mentioned have very different sizes, 5" vs 5.5". so I suggest going to a store and try them out before choosing.

• Advertisement

PeteSco wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can't get it with any network.

By the way, the 2 phones you mentioned have very different sizes, 5" vs 5.5". so I suggest going to a store and try them out before choosing.

Yea quite different alright.
    Personally I really like the look and feel of the Huawei but think the HTC has better specs!

But trying to see if anyone has any first hand feedback of issues or other with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

I have the HTC One M9 and I am very pleased with it, stylish, reliable and running latest Android Marshmallow so up to date. Also very good on Wifi or 4g data. A lot of early reviews slated the camera but updates have improved it, still not as good as a S6 but unless you want perfect pics will do everything you need. Good battery life, last a day unless your watchind vids all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

nheav wrote: »
    Yea quite different alright.
    Personally I really like the look and feel of the Huawei but think the HTC has better specs!

But trying to see if anyone has any first hand feedback of issues or other with them!

i'm using the Mate S and I love it. Have you checked either out in store? The Mate S feels really nice in your hand and it comes with a free smart cover and premium headset in box + 3 years warranty.

Advertisement