Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to offer before viewing?

Options
  • 03-03-2016 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Had to start looking for a new place in the last week in the general Grand Canal Dock area and contacted a few letting agents about properties on Daft asking to arrange a viewing. Have heard nothing back from any of them.

So just wondering if I've been very unlucky contacting lazy agents or is the market so mental that if you don't immediately express a desire to take the place that they won't contact you back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Seifer wrote: »
    Had to start looking for a new place in the last week in the general Grand Canal Dock area and contacted a few letting agents about properties on Daft asking to arrange a viewing. Have heard nothing back from any of them.

So just wondering if I've been very unlucky contacting lazy agents or is the market so mental that if you don't immediately express a desire to take the place that they won't contact you back?

I have an apartment near there, it rented the day it went on daft, the EA said he had over 30 emails within a couple of hours of the ad going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Are you emailing or phoning the ea's? I always found I got little or no response to emails. You need to ring. Set up the alerts on daft so you get an email as soon as a property in your area goes up and ring the ea immediately. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

davo10 wrote: »
    I have an apartment near there, it rented the day it went on daft, the EA said he had over 30 emails within a couple of hours of the ad going up.

Thanks for the info. but just to clarify; those emails would've said "I have my references and deposit ready to go, I'll take it"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Thanks for the info. but just to clarify; those emails would've said "I have my references and deposit ready to go, I'll take it"?

To be honest, I'm not sure, it was said to me in passing after it had rented. But I can tell you I looked for and received two months deposit and a month's rent in advance with references.

I actually wanted the apartment vacant/use of it for a couple of weeks as there were a few concerts/events coming up at the time that myself and my kids would have used it for but the EA convinced me that I would be mad to hold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe offer a tenner more than the asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the_syco wrote: »
    Maybe offer a tenner more than the asking?

No LL is going to roll over for a tickle with an offer of 10€ over asking.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No LL is going to roll over for a tickle with an offer of 10€ over asking.. :pac:
    Well, maybe an extra €50 then :P

Or not look for a place so close to Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Blingy wrote:
    Are you emailing or phoning the ea's? I always found I got little or no response to emails. You need to ring. Set up the alerts on daft so you get an email as soon as a property in your area goes up and ring the ea immediately. Good luck.

Seifer wrote:

Estate agents don't read emails. Always use the phone. Doesn't matter if you're renting a €1,000 room or buying a half million Euro house, they don't read emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Estate agents are generally very poor at customer service. ..

Advertisement