Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning commute from Red Cow to Malahide road

• 03-03-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello

I have to travel from the Longmile road to the Hilton Malahide Road for 8.30am starting next week. I never got a chance to do a trial run, so I've no real idea how long it will take.
    I tried google maps GPS on my phone this morning, it said 35 minutes thereabouts, with the usual traffic.
    However some people are saying it will take waaaayy longer than 35 minutes :(

Anyone doing this trip? How long does it take roughly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've only done that once or twice in the past at that hour, you're looking at 90 minutes. That was in 2010 though, traffic could have eased since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get bus 27 from Drimnagh Road / Walkinstown Road to Clare Hall.

Alternatively tram (or routes 56a, 77a, 123, 151) + route 15, 27, 42, 43.

It should take about 75 minutes at that time of day. Quicker off peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

If choosing the latter route mentioned by Victor (ie the change of bus in city centre) I'd suggest skipping the 27. Like a guided tour of Coolock which the other three buses don't take that will add 10-15 minutes to journey time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Viriconia wrote: »
    Hello

I have to travel from the Longmile road to the Hilton Malahide Road for 8.30am starting next week. I never got a chance to do a trial run, so I've no real idea how long it will take.
    I tried google maps GPS on my phone this morning, it said 35 minutes thereabouts, with the usual traffic.
    However some people are saying it will take waaaayy longer than 35 minutes :(

Anyone doing this trip? How long does it take roughly?

You don't say if you are driving or using public transport.
    Driving could take anything from 30 mins to 1 hr+.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Viriconia

Hi

Apologies, never said in my first post! I'll be driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

M50 my friend plus Tolls (Long Mile Road/Naas Road/M50 North/R139 to Hilton Malahide Road)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Definitely the M50 so, but allow an hour for that time of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

So what way did you end up going?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Viriconia

M50, if I leave the house at 7.50 / 8am I'm there by 8.30 no problem.
    Its slow enough though, I can see how an accident would leave me bucked for getting to work on time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement