Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do my phone number and address not work on the line checker?

Options
  • 03-03-2016 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭

Every time I use the line checker it tells me that it cannot assess what services are available to me and I should contact a sales team. Why is this? Every time I talk to a sales rep I get a different answer about future broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

ED E wrote: »
    Invalid phone number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Every time I use the line checker it tells me that it cannot assess what services are available to me and I should contact a sales team. Why is this? Every time I talk to a sales rep I get a different answer about future broadband.
    Are you with Virgin?

Are you with Virgin?
    Eir. Been with them since the house was built eight years ago. I was told back then we would have broadband within a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Are you with Virgin?
    Eir. Been with them since the house was built eight years ago. I was told back then we would have broadband within a year.
    Hi Little CuChulainn,

Have you tried this link https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/?

Pamela 

• Advertisement

"Sorry but we can't determine the broadband speed for this number. Please search again using your address."

"Sorry but we can't determine the services available at this address."

My concern is that eir doesn't seem to know my estate exists as its relatively new. I'm looking at the map for the area and the proposed upgrades are at different estates. How close do you have to be to an exchange to get the use of the upgraded line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

"Sorry but we can't determine the broadband speed for this number. Please search again using your address."

"Sorry but we can't determine the services available at this address."

My concern is that eir doesn't seem to know my estate exists as its relatively new. I'm looking at the map for the area and the proposed upgrades are at different estates. How close do you have to be to an exchange to get the use of the upgraded line?
    At the minute we are offering two different fibre services Little CuChulainn. fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the home (FTTH). FTTH is the new service we have launched.

Basically with FTTC copper cable is ran from the exchange to the cabinet and then fibre optic cable from the cabinet to your home (you will need to be within 2km's to avail of this usually).
    FTTH is slightly different, fibre optic cable is ran directly from the exchange into your home so this should not be down to distance.

You can also view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ 

Pamela 

So I still have no real resolution on this. I still can't check my number for services. The cabinet which is near my estate that was due to be upgraded within 6 weeks has disappeared of the fibre map. Is it possible to find out what happened to it? Eir crews appear to have been working on it for over a week and now I'm even more in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi Little CuChulainn,

Thank you for getting in touch I am very sorry to hear that this has happened. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you.
    I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now unfortunately at present there are no details available to suggest when all the upgrades will be done however once this is available you will be notified. I do apologise we have no further information available to ourselves on the roll out from here. Sorry we are unable to offer you further information on this at the moment.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

Can you point me in the direction of someone who does have the info I need?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Can you point me in the direction of someone who does have the info I need?
    I am afraid we would not be able to advise that from here. If you contact our technical support team directly the guys will be happy to try and answer any questions for you. 

You can contact them on 18090-260-260 or freephone 1901.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement