Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 bus to Blackrock (Smurfit) Exam Centre?

Options
  • 03-03-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Anyone know the best bus stop to get off the 17 before walking to the exam centre?

Should I go all the way to the Rail Station or get off beforehand?

Also is there any bus from town that will go close to the exam centre?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭caviardreams

There is a stop at the junction of mount merrion avenue and the rock road (one or two stops before the rail station) that is marginally closer I would say - about a 7 or 8 minute walk to the exam centre. But if you get off at the train station it is only an extra minute or so of a walk I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

To add to that - I'd give yourself PLENTY of time to get to the exam centre. Bus 17 is notoriously unreliable so you want to make sure even if you realise it's not coming you're still able to walk from campus (I'm assuming that's where you're leaving from) to the Exam Centre. I'd plan about 50 minutes, usually it takes me a bit less than that. Best of luck with your exam!! Coincidentally I also have an exam there Monday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Hi all,

thanks for the help, I got the 17 from crumlin village (Ashleaf shopping cntr.) and was in blackrock in 25mins. Being a Saturday that's why I assume it was so fast. I got off across the road from the church, this is the very end of Mt. Merrion Ave.

DreambyDay - yeah I heard others telling me it is often late so I got it at 8am and was in by 25 past.

Do you happen to know what traffic is like on weekday mornings? If I got into UCD the 17 would be my bus to UCD every morning but I would love to know about traffic on morning rush hour, or if I'd be quicker getting the luas to town and then a bus to UCD. Also the greenline luas goes to windy arbour about which would be a 15min jog / 25-30min walk to UCD.

The multiple choice questions are brutal in the exam btw. Not sure if that's any help. Having only 1 hour is a real issue for most people when I was there this morning.

Advertisement