Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somerset to Galway

Options
  • 03-03-2016 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll soon be working in Somerset and need to get to Galway for a wedding.

What is the best/cheapest way to do this? From the quick look I've taken it would seem that flying into Dublin and bus across would be the best way - Shannon does not seem to have many suitable UK flight origins.

Bristol - Knock is that still on?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Hi,

I'll soon be working in Somerset and need to get to Galway for a wedding.

What is the best/cheapest way to do this? From the quick look I've taken it would seem that flying into Dublin and bus across would be the best way - Shannon does not seem to have many suitable UK flight origins.

Bristol - Knock is that still on?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Bristol to Dublin and then a bus is your best bet. There are no flights from Bristol to Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Just realised that it is summer. June, July and August then I assume is their definition of summer matching the season?

http://www.irelandwestairport.com/destinations/uk.aspx#bristol

My initial post was unclear - I'm going there soon but the wedding is in June. The above might then be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just realised that it is summer. June, July and August then I assume is their definition of summer matching the season?

http://www.irelandwestairport.com/destinations/uk.aspx#bristol

My initial post was unclear - I'm going there soon but the wedding is in June. The above might then be an option?

Yes you are correct, some sample flights and prices here.

It would still be nearly two hours on a bus from Knock according to the Bus Route 64 timetable, so Dublin still might be the better option in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

If you drive bristol knock & rent a car.

if you dont bristol dublin and train to galway.

whereabouts in somerset are you working?

whereabouts in somerset are you working?

I am in Dorchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

I am in Dorchester.

Thats next store in Dorset.

Might be easier flying exeter with aer lingus or southampton with flybe. its Long spin to bristol.

Hi,

Change of plan! I'm driving from Belfast.

I'm aware of tolls on the roads according to Google. Are these expensive or can I prepay them? I'll be going via Dublin - looks like the easiest route. This means a toll on the M50, N4 and M1. How do I find the rates for these and how they are paid?

Edit: I'm now thinking that the roads are: M1 (€1.90), M50 (Internet post payment), N6 (€1.90), M4 (€2.90) and N6 (€1.90). Is this correct and do you have to give exact change at the barriers?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You don't have to have the exact change unless you are travelling in the middle of the night, there will be at least one manned toll booth and you are given change. There are also barriers with baskets where you throw in the money. If you throw in €2.00 instead of 1.90 the barrier will open but you won't get change.
    M50 can be paid online and in payzone shops, see payzone.ie

Advertisement