Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy to install car seat

Options
  • 03-03-2016 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Husband is a sales rep. We are fed up of switching maxicosi infant seat and isofix base over and back between cars. I will keep isofix and maxicosi stage 2 seat for my car but husband needs a stage 2 seat for his car.
    Needs to be very easy to click in and out because he sometimes needs the back of the car to carry boxes. Cannot stress how easy it needs to be because he has no effing patience when it comes to lugging car seats in and out!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Get another base for his car.

I'd never go back to messing around with seat belts anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

What age and weight is your baby? If over 6 months you could go for one of the isofix extended rear facing seats like rebl nuna or cyber sirona..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Baby is 19 weeks. Not ready for the bigger seat yet but Mothercare having a sale on car seats so that is what has me planning ahead.
    Mdwexford - I'd have to buy another base and suitable car seat and it adds more bulk for him to have to lug about. Plus the cost of those flippin bases.
    We'd love one that just clicks straight into isofix without any need for base (by this I mean a seat that has the isofix clips attached to bottom of it) but maybe this is not possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

If baby is only 19 weeks then your only option is stage 0, buy another base so you have one in each car and then whoever has baby has the seat? Mine is 7 months and comes in and out of the car in his seat

Sorry just read it again and see it's the next stage, I think that's stage 1?
    There's plenty of isofix seats with base attached, I'd price around tho, sometimes the mother care sale price is still dearer than smyths or halfords!
    Halfords are great for advising too

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

We have this seat which is suitable from birth, it wouldn't be easily transferrerable between cars though. The swivel is very handy.

http://www.mothercare.ie/car-seats-carriers/car-seats/combination-car-seats-group-0-1/britax-dualfix-combination-car-seat-black-thunder.html

We also have a cheaper extended rear facing one in a second car that is also suitable from birth. When we bought it was approx €220 from mothercare.

http://www.all4baby.ie/BiCare-Fix-Car-Seat-0-1-p/casualplay-01carseat.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

heldel00 wrote: »
    Baby is 19 weeks. Not ready for the bigger seat yet but Mothercare having a sale on car seats so that is what has me planning ahead.
    Mdwexford - I'd have to buy another base and suitable car seat and it adds more bulk for him to have to lug about. Plus the cost of those flippin bases.
    We'd love one that just clicks straight into isofix without any need for base (by this I mean a seat that has the isofix clips attached to bottom of it) but maybe this is not possible?

Heldel00 the erf isofix seats that have bases attached are sooooooo heavy and huge! Will your OH ever have to put it in boot? I have one in spare room wardrobe at the mo ;) would you not just buy another base? Or maybe borrow one?

I wouldn't rush into buying next stage seat until you need it. There are loads of differences between them, some are taller than others etc I insisted getting an erf one 0-18kg and my 2 year old and 1 month son is now 3 stone!!!!!!!!! It is in the spare room's wardrobe and will be used on the next baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What about the joie tilt? It's not isofix but is rear facing to 18kg and it only takes me 2 minutes to install now with the seatbelt that I'm used to it. It doesn't take up huge amount of space and my lad finds it comfy. I had to give to to my childminder as she has no isofix and keep the isofix for me but I actually preferred the tilt. Plus it's inexpensive for an ERF for a second car

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We have a base in each car and switch the seat as needed.

That did result in me and baby being car seat less and having to phone the other half back one morning this week before I could take the kid to be dropped off with the childminder. We won't be making that mistake again now though.

Advertisement