Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Mario: Colour Splash

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is this more of an action title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is this more of an action title?

From about 1 second in the trailer it looks like it still has turn based battles anyway.

I really hope the battle system is similar to the original games and not Sticker Star. Having to constantly go through old areas to get specific stickers for attacks grew a bit tiresome.

The clip at the end with the card has me slightly concerned about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There were battle cards in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam on 3DS - hopefully it's a similar mechanic and not a Sticker Star jobbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I tell you what I don't like, spelling Colour incorrectly. That's the American version of spelling it, Color. I know it's pedantic but little things like that bug me.

Ah stop.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    There were battle cards in Mario & Luigi Paper Jam on 3DS - hopefully it's a similar mechanic and not a Sticker Star jobbie.

I agree, I'd be quite happy if it followed Paper's Jams use of cards. The card shown seemed to be for a hammer attack, though, which is what has me slightly concerned.

Hopefully my concerns are unfounded though because I have loved the series thus far overall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I tell you what I don't like, spelling Colour incorrectly. That's the American version of spelling it, Color. I know it's pedantic but little things like that bug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I was hoping for a battle system similar to super paper mario on the wii, but i liked the way the card system was done in paper jam, hopefully it's done in a way that doesnt turn boring after a while.

C'mom, it was meant as a light complaint, it's just a letter. But it is still wrong. All the European sites are spelling it correctly.
    paper_mario_color_splash_youtube.jpg

What'll be the name of the new companion? Tintin? Sounds vaguely familiar. Tin O'Paint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »

Is Paper Jam worth playing? The last Paper Mario I played was Thousand Year Door on the Cube which was great. Is it similar to that?

• Advertisement

From what I've read Sticker Star gets slammed a lot. I seen an interesting image on Neogaf, I'll try to find it in a bit but it shows the difference in character from TTYD.

Edit: Is it just me or is the Neogaf site down?
    LHj3fl0

Better image now uploaded.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Is Paper Jam worth playing? The last Paper Mario I played was Thousand Year Door on the Cube which was great. Is it similar to that?

Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? It's a hybrid of the 2 series but really would be much closer to this than Paper Mario.

I enjoyed it, although there was a sense of it being dragged out a bit too much at the end and it would have been better to be a few hours shorter.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Have you played any of the Mario & Luigi games? It's a hybrid of the 2 series but really would be much closer to this than Paper Mario.

I enjoyed it, although there was a sense of it being dragged out a bit too much at the end and it would have been better to be a few hours shorter.

Ah ok thanks, I've played Partners in Time and a little bit of Bowser's Inside Story. Will watch a few vids of Paper Jam and see what it's like.

The Wii game is fantastic BTW, and cheap if you can find it.
    It has great fun with dimensions too.

The Wii game is fantastic BTW, and cheap if you can find it.
    It has great fun with dimensions too.

Yeah have that one already. It's a platformer though, nothing like Thousand Year Door. Still great of course although I seem to remember it didn't review that well.

I put time into the N64 original back in the day, it was pretty good and still looks good today.
    Is it on the VC yet?

Paper Mario: Colour Splash is due out on October 7th and we'll see some footage tomorrow.

Paper Mario: Color Splash - E3 2016 Trailer (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3h0i0Vi7g

Paper Mario: Color Splash - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh16YgtySJI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So is going to be released thid October or what?

Doodleking wrote: »
    So is going to be released thid October or what?

7th October.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Paper-Mario-Color-Splash-1090845.html

They'd better change that spelling of Color Colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Thanks! why should they change the spelling? both variants are corrrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those videos would have been made for the US market, they just didn't bother changing the spelling on the promo stuff for here yet. They will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

They should keep the correct spelling locked behind an Amiibo. That would be glorious!

e32971d4923a4f5fcfe8ca03dca6aad6f2490494f3f5d54ca3fc8af48cbced15.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Somebody needs to make a troll amiibo pic for these types of occasion! :D

PAPER MARIO: COLOR SPLASH'S STORY MAY MAKE YOU CRY, SAYS NINTENDO

Coming from a Eurogamer interview with producer Risa Tabata...

"For this game we wanted to make it an action-adventure. You're probably already aware of the Mario & Luigi RPG series of games, and our efforts with this game [Color Splash] have been to provide something different to that. Some of the things we've focused on in the past are the humour and a well-put-together story. That's something we've really focused on for this title."

Risa also said that by the end of the game's story, "you'll probably cry". I'm ready for the waterworks, Nintendo. Bring it on!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/260927-paper-mario-color-splash-s-story-may-make-you-cry-says-nintendo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-06-paper-mario-color-splash-sheds-its-rpg-roots-for-action-adventure-with-charm

Cue the jokes. ;)

Paper Mario: Colour Splash - Rescue V Episode 1 (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn1M8R-cqA4

Sort out that spelling Nintendo. More Toads. Gotta love that variety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I put time into the N64 original back in the day, it was pretty good and still looks good today.
    Is it on the VC yet?

It is, indeed. Got for mesmelf at Xmas and it was such a chill experience just sitting back with the pad screen and running through it. Pretty zippy job it is too, think it only clocked in around 20 hours and even that could've been cut down if I didn't have a habit for needing to get every last pick-up going.

• Advertisement

Advertisement