If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RX-A550 Yamaha amp

Options
  • 04-03-2016 9:07am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am interested in this product

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/aventage-series/rx-a550_g/

Questions:
    My TV is 1080P not 4k is it compatible?

Can I stream iTunes to it from my iPhone?

Why the wifi connection?

I have Bose Lifestyle speakers (designed to connect to a 3rd party amp). Will these be compatible?

What does this cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

2011 wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in this product

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/aventage-series/rx-a550_g/

Questions:
    My TV is 1080P not 4k is it compatible?

Can I stream iTunes to it from my iPhone?

Why the wifi connection?

I have Bose Lifestyle speakers (designed to connect to a 3rd party amp). Will these be compatible?

What does this cost?

Thanks
    Hi 2011, thanks for your post

Yes the amp would be compatible for your TV. It does feature 4k Pass-thru, but this isn't essential and will work perfectly well on a 1080p  TV, just means you're future-proofed if you do change your TV
    It also has Apple Airplay so should stream music from your phone no problem
    Wifi on the amp will allow you to stream music from your laptop/PC/Internet radio/music service, plus allows you to control the amp from your smartphone/tablet app
    it will be compatible with the Bose speakers no problem

Current price on this is £499/€629, as a boardie price I can do it at £479/€599
    We have it in stock, so could be posted out on a next day delivery for you.
    If you are interested, drop me a PM with your contact details, or give me a call on 0044333 900 0070 option 2

Cheers
    Brian

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thanks for the quick reply.

One other question:
    I know that this is designed for 5.1 sound, but can it support anther pair of speakers?
    The amp I have at present had A and B speaker buttons.
    When A is pressed it is connected to the 5.1 speakers in the sitting room and when B is pressed it connects to a pair of speakers in the kitchen.
    Can this amp do the same. Wiring and speakers are already installed.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for the quick reply.

One other question:
    I know that this is designed for 5.1 sound, but can it support anther pair of speakers?
    The amp I have at present had A and B speaker buttons.
    When A is pressed it is connected to the 5.1 speakers in the sitting room and when B is pressed it connects to a pair of speakers in the kitchen.
    Can this amp do the same. Wiring and speakers are already installed.
    HI 2011.

Unfortunately not. The RXA550 is only 5.1 and has no other speaker connections. To be able to run a 2nd set of speakers you would need to look at a 7.1 amp.

You could perhaps also put in a speaker switch before the amp and connect your fronts and the 2nd set, meaning you could switch to the 2nd set when required. No ideal but really the only way around this with a 5.1 amp.

For 7.1 you could go up to the RXA £899 / 1069.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201520-rxa850.aspx

Or down to the RXV679 priced at £349.00 / 499.00 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201510-rxv679.aspx

Although I have to say the deal on the RXA550 is a very good one :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I noticed that the Marantz NR1606 ticks all of the boxes. 
    Can you quote for this please? 

Thanks. 

I noticed that the Marantz NR1606 ticks all of the boxes. 
    Can you quote for this please? 

Thanks. 
    Hi 2011.

Unfortunately I currently do not have a price on the NR1606 as it is not a unit that we have stocked. Although the 1506 has sold very very well or us.
    If the 1606 is available I should be able to special order one of these in.

I will check tomorrow with our supplier and get a cost on this amp for you :)

• Advertisement

Thank you. 
    Tomorrow would be great. 

Thank you. 
    Tomorrow would be great. 
    Hey 2011.

Haven't forgot about you. 

Just waiting on the price coming over.

Thanks!

Any update?

Any update?
    Hi 2011,

Not yet I'm afraid. I have put it to my MD but he is currently on leave so I am just waiting for him to get back to me. Hopefully won't be too long but apologies for the delay.

Kind Regards

David

• Advertisement

Any update?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Any update?
    HI 2011, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Did you want Silver or black? - Pricing for both would be £379/€499
    The Silver we could get out to you towards the end of next week if ordered today, the black is looking like about 10 working days lead time

Cheers
    Brian 

Does the price include delivery to Ireland ?
    If so I would like the black please. I will ring you tomorrow. 
    I am very busy, so if I forget please PM me. 

I am also looking for a TV no more than 32", spec as follows:

Full HD, 1080P
    Built in tuner - terrestrial & satellite 
    Smart TV, must have Netflix 
    Wifi connectivity 
    LAN connection 
    Optical output for audio
    Backlit LED

Manufacturer: Not important once the price is good and the above spec is met. 

Many thanks. 

I am also looking for a TV no more than 32", spec as follows:

Full HD, 1080P
    Built in tuner - terrestrial & satellite 
    Smart TV, must have Netflix 
    Wifi connectivity 
    LAN connection 
    Optical output for audio
    Backlit LED

Manufacturer: Not important once the price is good and the above spec is met. 

Many thanks. 

Hi 2011.

I think the issue we may run into here is the satellite tuner.

There are no 32" screen that we stock that are freesat approved.

In saying that the Sony 32W705 does have a satellite tuner on board but it may not display the EPG correctly.
    The Sony 32W705 also seems to be the only 32" with backlighting currently priced at £279.00 (+ £6.99 shipping) or 359.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201310-bravia-kdl32w705cbu.aspx

That seems to be the only one that fits all the required spec.

There are some others that come close but there are not backlit LED.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please let me know.

Just to let you know I rang this am and placed an order for the amp. 

Many thanks. 

Regards,

Just to let you know I rang this am and placed an order for the amp. 

Many thanks. 

Regards,

Hi 2011.

Thanks for the order on the amp.

I will get it ordered it up on Monday and keep you in the loop.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.