Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking made with lowcostholidays

Options
  • 04-03-2016 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I booked a holiday last night through lowcostholidays.ie. In the area we're going to, there is a complex called Hipotels Mediterraneo, and one called Hipotels Mediterraneo Club. We wanted to stay in the first one (I'll just call it "the Hotel") as it is much nicer, and it's an adult-only hotel. The Club is right next door, but it is a family resort and more basic.

I was booking a package so after selecting my flights we got to the accommodation page. The Club wasn't an option on the page, but the Hotel was. There was no mention of the word "club", and the description matched that of the Hotel (mentioned spa, the various restaurants that are available on site, neither of which are available in the Club). The pictures were also that of the Hotel, and it mentioned "Adults Only".

We booked the whole package and paid in full (Visa CC). However when I went to view our booking page on the website I saw that it was now showing our accommodation as "Hipotels Mediterraneo Club". The pictures in the booking are still that of the Hotel, but it is definitely saying our accommodation is the Club.

The only reason we made the booking is because we thought we were misled to believe that we were staying in the hotel. We wouldn't pay the money we're paying to stay in the Club. I've taken screenshots of everything, including the description and pictures on the booking page, but annoyingly you cannot contact LCH by email in relation to your booking, you have to ring them, which I'm going to do this morning.

In their T&Cs it says:
    Website Accuracy
    We take all steps practically possible to ensure that the details given to you on our website are accurate
    and up to date. Sometimes facilities at properties are withdrawn for operational reasons such as
    maintenance work. Where we are notified of this in advance of your travel arrangement we will contact
    you to advise you of this. We cannot accept any liability for errors within our website descriptions. We
    must stress that we are dependent upon the provision of complete and accurate information from the
    suppliers with which you contract.

So I'm wondering do we have a leg to stand on? I can't see them refunding the holiday easily. We do not want to pay for a holiday to a resort we don't want to go to. Would this be a case for getting a chargeback through the bank?

Edit: Just to add, LCH is not a "package holiday" operator. They facilitate booking flights and accommodation through their package. So I know we've no comeback now on the flights as they were booked directly with the airline.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Maybe, just maybe there's a wee error in the final name and you've been booked correctly.

Maybe, just maybe wait for their response and confirmation by phone as you are doing before getting all hot and bothered.

Its seems you are getting yourself in a tizzy and getting all worked up on something that will probably be resolved in a few seconds. So maybe chill and have a calm conversation with an agent to confirm the the hotel you are staying in is the one you are expecting.

The chances are the entire complex is called Hipotel Med Club and you are staying in the "no children zone" next door. Overall corporate name is all that is confusing is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm not getting into a tizzy or getting worked up! I just wanted to lay everything out as clearly as possible which is why my post is so long :)

I phoned them and they didn't have a clue. I explained what I posted above, and was put on hold for a few minutes and the girl came back and said they were the one hotel. I told her they weren't, that if you look at the hotel group's page they're two different hotels, different amenities, different pools, completely different sizes (one is 6 storey, one is 3 storey) etc. She said "well they have the same address". I said that's because they're beside each other. She said that she would email the hotel to request that we would be placed in the adult-only one for the same price. I don't think it'll be possible as, after looking at the prices on other websites, the Hotel is a lot more expensive.

So if they do come back and say that they cannot change the booking without us paying the difference, I'm wondering if we should be entitled to cancel it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Why don't you contact the Hotel directly yourself & ask them to confirm if they got your booking or if they can assist you when they do receive your booking. You could be lucky & get a helpful person who will look into this to make sure that their customer is happy with their purchase.

Advertisement