Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance from new cabinet

Options
  • 04-03-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi, i live 2.4k from cabinet, about 10k from exchange. Obviously I've a very slow connection when it works. New price increase so I'm going to cancel contract.
    But I'm interested in fiber if i can get it.

I know the max distance from cabinet for fiber is 2k but has this increased ? I wondering will I get fiber from my cabinet fbk1-039, its supposed to be fiber active sometime this year. im 2.4k from this.

Looking at another cabinet near me, mcn1-eo1 on the fiber map, the distance the blue lines go from this cabinet is further than 2k, so what's the current distance fiber will go from cabinet. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

baby fish wrote: »
    Hi, i live 2.4k from cabinet, about 10k from exchange. Obviously I've a very slow connection when it works.  New price increase so I'm going to cancel contract.
    But I'm interested in fiber if i can get it.

I know the max distance from cabinet for fiber is 2k but has this increased ?  I wondering will I get fiber from my cabinet fbk1-039,  its supposed to be fiber active sometime this year. im  2.4k from this.

Looking at another cabinet near me, mcn1-eo1 on the fiber map, the distance the blue lines go from this cabinet is further than 2k,  so what's the current distance fiber will go from cabinet. Thanks
    Hi  baby fish,

Thanks for getting in touch. At the minute we are offering two different fibre services. fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) and fibre to the home (FTTH). FTTH is the new service we have launched.

Basically with FTTC copper cable is ran from the exchange to the cabinet and then fibre optic cable from the cabinet to your home (you will need to be within 2km's to avail of this usually).
    FTTH is slightly different, fibre optic cable is ran directly from the exchange into your home so this should not be down to distance.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Pamela 

Advertisement